Highland Hospital (Rochester)

3.2

CEO

Great Place to Work!

I worked at Highland Hospital (Rochester) as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Open-minded professionals who were easy to work with, and welcomed new ideas! Only reason why I am no longer there was the commute, and I couldn't move to Rochester. I would return in a moment if the opportunity presented itself.

Cons

May want to consider more virtual positions, can use brains from outside of your geographical region! Keep up the outside of the box thinking...

Keep up the good work!

Mediocre office environment. Employer expectations far exceeded willingness on compensate monetarily.

Former Employee - Medical Secretary  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Medical Secretary in Rochester, NY

I worked at Highland Hospital (Rochester) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent training and good benefits. Work environment is generally clean and well-kept. Computer programs used are fairly user friendly and staff is well-trained on how to use them. Employer expectations are clearly defined. The hours worked each week are usually kept at 40 and are basically 8-5. Some offices have Saturday hours but, if you are asked to work on Saturdays, you will receive other time off during the week to make up for it.

Cons

Poor salary and frequently condescending management. Coworkers were regularly unprofessional and a good deal of time was spent containing problems, such as coworker mess-ups, long telephone wait-times, lost paperwork, etc. Doctors would frequently misplace forms dropped off by patients and secretarial staff had to take the fall for these errors.

Try to identify with employees more and understand that there is a huge compensation discrepancy in this industry.

Bad Management and little pay, treated like a child.......

I worked at Highland Hospital (Rochester) full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a clean hospital and a small environment.

Cons

Had a horrible experience working here in maternity, I came from Strong which was excellent, when I got to Highland my pay was less for the same positon, I never got a lunch break and was looked at like a fool for even inquiring about it during a 12 hour shift. I was treated poorly by management, no communicatio, first manager quit two weeks into the job second one had a horrible attitude and huge power trip because of just getting position. Caddy coworkers, do yoursenf a favor and work anywhere else, all the neighboring hospitals are wonderful.

Listen to your employess, communicate effectively and allow your staff to have appropriate, uninterrupted meal breaks.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

More Leadership and Less Management

Former Employee - Coordinator  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Rochester, NY

I worked at Highland Hospital (Rochester)

Pros

Ability to work with colleagues and engage in new areas of healthcare, research, etc.; Opportunities to share information especially with those who are not affected by their titles, degrees, and positions

Cons

Too much hierarchy and attitudes of superiority due to the MD, PhD and title/degree status; poor management and very political especially in areas where nepotism ranks high; supervisors and managers too afraid to have real decisionmaking when it comes to personal time-off issues, flexible hours, etc.; Supervisors/management expect flexibility from the workers and are not very good at giving it to the employee (double standards exist)

Need to respect the employees and create win-win situations in which they can contribute, have more flexibility and less by the book; encourage people to truly work with one another rather than hiding behind degrees, titles, and hierarchical structures

Alot of work = a liitle money

Former Employee - Medical Secretary
    Former Employee - Medical Secretary

I worked at Highland Hospital (Rochester) full-time

Pros

the care given by the medical staff is excellent, training is ok,

Cons

Don t take a job in a satellite office, having worked for primary care, I can honestly say it was the worse place I have ever worked. office Managers are useless, and can be very rude, sneaky, disrepectful. highland tell you that they pay 75% of market value. Micromanaging.

Have some repect and stand by your word

Highland Hospital

Current Employee - Volunteer
    Current Employee - Volunteer

I have been working at Highland Hospital (Rochester)

Pros

Good work environment. Friendly co-workers.

Cons

A little slow at times.

Spread the type of work around more.

Worked for Highland Hospital (Rochester)? Contribute to the Community!