Highland Solutions Reviews

Updated February 10, 2015
4 reviews filtered by
4.1
Brian Sutherland

1. Great People - Great Culture!

I have been working at Highland Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great place to work with smart, energetic and fun people. A great culture of transparency, vulnerability and encouragement. Ideas are welcomed and information is shared regularly about company performance and client experiences.

Cons

The business is growing quickly and can sometimes challenge work/life balance. But it is clear that the company does not want you to sacrifice family for work.

2. Dream big at Highland

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Highland Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, benefits and many perks (ping pong, company lunches, etc.). Located conveniently on Michigan Ave. right across from the Art Institute. Highland feels like an intimate small business, but they offer big opportunities. You will work with clients of all sizes, on a variety of projects.

The culture, staff and current leadership make Highland an incredible place to work. Big talent—great vision. My supervisor in particular is the type of leader that compels people to “dream big.” Overall, Highland leadership exemplifies transparency and honesty.

I have recommended this company to friends.

Cons

Not recognizing (sooner) the drain negative employees have on the team.

Advice to Management

I'm encouraged by your effort to keep staff informed of business direction, milestones and overall vision. The only advice I have at this time is to continue to improve the new team member on-boarding experience.

3. Opportunistic Owner

I worked at Highland Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice, caring staff. Holidays and evenings (usually) off. Pleasant office space with nice lake views.

Cons

Ownership promotes a "wonderful culture" which turns out to be an excuse to over-control, underpay, overwork and not promote. And Note that if your role gets too valuable to the company, you may suddenly find yourself not "fitting in" the culture. But don't worry all the opportunities you brought to the company will remain with the company. Also saw this same opportunistic pattern with company's strategic partners including taking their clients away.

Advice to Management

Get some coaching on how to communicate, relate, enroll and encourage employees, or stop confusing people by pretending you care. With no change you will have trouble keeping your good staff now the economy has improved.

5. Brilliant place to work

Former Employee - Workshop and Stock Assistant in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Workshop and Stock Assistant in Sheffield, England (UK)

I worked at Highland Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training is offered for those that want it, good group of people to work with if you enjoy banter

Cons

I have no cons to report

Highland Solutions Photos

Our office at 200 S. Michigan Ave.

+ Add Photo