Highlands Communities

Add Photos

Great place to work

Appleton, WI

I have been working at Highlands Communities

ProsSeniors that live here are nice and appreciate our work. I have worked here for a few years and really like all my co-workers. Everyone pitches in to do a great job. I like the director and regional director and they have always been nice - but we do have a job to do and it's not fair that someone says bad things because they don't work here anymore. The pay is good and the company treats us good.

ConsThere is always lots of work to keep the property looking nice and sometimes it would be nice to have some more help.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe corporate office should remember that it takes all of us working on the site to keep the buildings looking nice and the seniors happy and it isn't just about leasing.

Very poor. Terrible communication. Inconsistent leadership. Negative Regionals run the show. Very deceitful.

Manager (Former Employee)
Appleton, WI

I worked at Highlands Communities

ProsThe owners are kind and supportive. The buildings are well-kept and beautiful.

ConsThe Regional Operations managers; inconsistent decision-making in upper management; poor communication from management to staff, poor management structure; too many chiefs who like to just give orders.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace the Regionals with with positive leaders who allow people to think,voice their opinions, and grow. Get rid of the micro-management. Stop with the threats to employees and putting property staff down (done by Regional managers).

Worked for Highlands Communities? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Highlands Communities reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Highlands Communities employees.