Highlight Technologies Reviews

Reset
4.2
Rebecca Andino

1. Grateful for this opportunity

Pros

The people here are what make it so great. Everyone is focused, determined, and hard working. It has been a real eye-opener on what it takes to be successful in the real world. I have only been here a couple of months, but I feel like I have grown as a person because of the leadership and guidance. I love that I have a lot of responsibility and independence in an internship role. I feel that my opinions are heard and respected. This is a fun, challenging, and rewarding internship, and that is exactly what I was seeking.

Cons

I can't think of any cons to report.

2. Small Company-Big Heart

I have been working at Highlight Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highlight has a good focus on what they are there to provide and work to bring experts to the client. They have a generous spirit and support training and professional memberships. Though they are small they have enough new business being won that when a project ends you aren't cast out.

Cons

As a small company they are not always able to provide non technical support like graphics.

Advice to Management

Maintain specialization to find a niche. There are already too many jack of all trades companies in DC. But high performers are few and far between.

3. Great So far!

Current Employee - Government Contractor in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Government Contractor in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Highlight Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company with accessible HQ staff, CEO and VP. They are very responsive and make decisions far quicker than any company I have worked with. Issues get resolved quickly as well.

Cons

The website is a bit outdated and the company "portal" is still being developed. I can't easily locate the company policies digitially.

Advice to Management

Communication is huge for small companies, almost more so than larger ones. Keep reaching out to your emploees with information on company development. The strategic communications fosters the growing culture as well.

Mar 12, 2015 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review. One of the benefits of being in a smaller company is we are agile and can respond quickly to meet the needs of our staff members. In regards to the company website, we are ... More

5. Disappointed

Pros

The compensation is fair and they are accommodating if the accommodation can be made easily.

Cons

Big disconnect between corporate and employees. Hard to get people from corporate to follow through on actions without following up.

Mar 12, 2015 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review. As you mentioned, we do offer a competitive salary and benefits package for our employees. Moreover, we understand that communication is a big key to success and are ... More

6. An amazing company that I feel lucky to be a part of!

I have been working at Highlight Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team at Highlight Technologies has bent over backwards to accommodate an amazing working environment. Highlight Technology has assembled a team of truly dedicated professionals who are passionate about their work. They offer great benefits to include profit sharing, commuter reimbursement, 15 days of PTO, 10 days federal holidays, and invest heavily on their employees by paying for training and certifications. Highlight Technologies is the kind of company that will make sure you have the resources available to become successful, and I'm excited to be a part of this team!

Cons

I really can't imagine anything as I'm fortunate to be a part of this amazing team!

Mar 12, 2015 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We do offer a competitive benefits package that does include, but not limited to: PTO, profit sharing, commuter benefits, medical/dental/vision, and professional ... More

7. Great Company Devoted to Career Growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Unlimited Budget for Professional Development Fair Benefits and compensation packages Encourages employees to take their professional development into their own hands Honest about the benefits and challenges of a small business Encourage company camaraderie

Cons

As a small business you have less resources than at a large business

Advice to Management

Continue to provide support to employees Continue to be honest with challenges that they face

Mar 12, 2015 – Recruiter

Although we do not have the same size contract portfolio as larger companies do, we try our best to ensure that our employees are treated fairly and are given an opportunity to succeed. We subscribe ... More

8. Company attitude toward employees

Pros

As noted,the hiring process moves quickly.

Cons

The company attitude toward employees seems to have gotten worse over the past 2 years. Management now views employees as mere hired help rather than partners. The benefits listed on the web page (Profit sharing, Unlimited bonuses for business development) never materialized.

Advice to Management

You used to be a better company. What changed?

Mar 12, 2015 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We have solidified our recruiting department to help facilitate the hiring process. We also offer all of the benefits that are listed on our website.

Really cares about employees

I have been working at Highlight Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Highlight takes good care of their employees and will bend over backward to accomodate them. They have a very personal touch and morale is extremely important to them. They want you to be the best employee you can be and will help you obtain the portfolio to achieve it. They will reimburse for training, conferences, clearances, and memberships in professional organizations.

Cons

They're a small company, but sometimes try to act like a larger one. Health insurance is suboptimal and if your worksite is closed, you either lose leave or get advanced leave. That said, they do allow you to make up time off. There's little room to move in the company. Contracts tend to be completely separate entities and advancement is mostly inaccessible. All of the above can most likely be attributed to the fact that this is a very small company. It will probably improve with size. It honestly depends on what you're looking for in an employer.

Mar 12, 2015 – Recruiter

Highlight Technologies truly believes in supporting the continual professional development of our employees. Unfortunately due to the size of our company, movement may not be as quick as larger ... More

10. Superficial Attitude toward Employees

I have been working at Highlight Technologies full-time

Pros

Seem to get paid on time.

Cons

Very small company - no advancement opportunities, no opportunity to move across projects. Way too much overhead for a small company

Advice to Management

You're a small company, need to act like one. Do not pretend that you are large.

Mar 12, 2015 – Recruiter

Thank you for the review. We understand there are limitations with being a smaller company and are looking to grow to provide the resources and opportunities to become an even better company.

11. Highlight is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Program Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Highlight Technologies part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Highlight is very supportive of career development, providing employees with many chances to take classes, join organizations and achieve industry certifications. Highlight provides a flexible workplace for employees that are willing to do what it takes to get the job done. It is exciting to work with a small, forward-moving company that values its employees.

Cons

No cons to write about.

Advice to Management

Management is always approachable and willing to listen to employee needs and suggestions.

RSS Feed </> Embed