Highway Technologies

Updated Apr 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert James Meehan

My experience was good. I liked the people that I worked with and the work that I did.

Mechanic (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed the work. Some of the projects were interesting and fun, like setting up barricades for marathons and parades.

ConsThe opportunities for promotion was limited. The company stopped giving raises several years to save money.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage the money better. Think of the little guy trying to make ends meet.

Terrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proslots of money to be made at a hourly rate
    winters off at minnesota branch

Conscorportate is consitnently taking from employees

Complete lack of respect for employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe Insurance was very good.

ConsI read the post from 2008 concerning corporate. I was surprised to see that 3 years later that atmosphere is still accurate and exactly what I experienced in Phoenix, AZ. Along with that, they were hiring new management, people with no experience, paying them outrageous salaries. They in turn were firing employees that had been with the company for many years. Why? Because management had to have scapegoats because of their poor performance. They lost a lot of good people in the Phoenix branch this way, just to pile the work on others and then eventually fire them too. I have never seen a company who has so little respect for their employees. A company where it's okay for the mangement to constantly make his rounds belittling his employees and make them the reason that their reputation has faded rather than taking the responsibility for their poor team management.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a time machine to go back 3 years and undue the damage you've already caused with your employees and customers. Hire somebody who understands Human Resources is a real concern in a business and who can put management in a course so they understand that belittling employees does not make anyone happy to be working there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Villa Park, IL

ProsThe best and only reason to work at Highway Technologies would be the medical benefits. They provide excellent health, dental, and vision benefits to their employees at a very low price.

ConsThe management, atmosphere, and working conditions are horrible. Management is allowed to speak to employees in a harsh and demeaning fashion. Profanity is a constant within the office amongest employees as well as in front of customers. There is nothing professional about the environment. The office is dirty. If you have allergies, this definitely not a place you would want to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should consider taking some leadership classes. Human Resources needs to employ individuals who have been schooled and trained in HR Managment.

Brother In Law

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHours, company cars, freedom to run your business

ConsToo many behind the door deals. Shady business practices. Very cut throat

Employees should never be treated this way

Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent Medical insurance and dental insurance

Consyou never seem to know if you doing good
    This company still tries to follow the united rental way but is very unsuccessful
    There are too many layers for a good idea to be heard

Advice to Senior ManagementI was a manager with HT and it felt like my job was always in jeopardy. No matter how much I sold at the end of the month it always seemed like it didn't matter and the question was what do you have for next month. Yearly I pulled in approx. 3 to 3.5 million for this company and the thanks I got was " We are going to have to let you go here's a 2 weeks pay severance package for 3 yrs of service". " Oh and by the we want you to sign a 2 yr non compete exit agreement so you don't take away business from us". The only reason I see that a company would do this is because they see that I could of been a threat. The best part is that they kept guy that was hired after me and I trained, this guy didn't bring half the amount in sales that I did. This company is on a downward spiral and I noticed it when they stopped paying their vendors. This is not a company that I would recommend to work for because an employee should be treated with a little bit better respect especially when they are achieving above expectations. Oh, one more thing in the three years I worked there I never got a raise or bonus.

Worked for Highway Technologies? Contribute to the Community!