Hill Physicians Medical Group

Updated Feb 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve McDermott

Forward-thinking company with great benefits and perks

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Hill Physicians Medical Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSolid business strategy, great wellness initiatives, C-level are trust-worthy, excellent compensation and benefits, business initiatives are ethical and employees can feel good supporting them, internal opportunities to move up are good

ConsIntegration between department was poor, lacking discipline on lackluster staff, layoffs during 2008 economic crisis were very poorly handled

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your team as they will commonly tell you the issues and how to fix them.

Be careful to not burn out staff.

Team Leader

Team Lead (Former Employee)

I worked at Hill Physicians Medical Group full-time for less than a year

ProsSome really nice & cool people work here.

ConsI had a culture shock first when I joined the company. Extremely formal environment and most of the people appeared fearful. Too much politics within the IT (IS as they call it). They encourage people to have low ambitions. Because it helps the senior management as there is only little career opportunities. I am not sure how come it has such good reviews by other people. I also got attracted due to this and the recruiter persuaded me to join telling lot of good stuff. All turned out to be lies later on. Perhaps it is so small organization that every single review can be correlated to people. So no one wants to take chance. It is not a company for ambitious people.

90 day evaluation period is a trap that company puts in the offer letter. It is like a contract to hire. Never seen this type of full time job offers. So advice to all the candidates who want to join is to be aware of this clause in the offer letter. They are very strict about it and I saw many people being fired in my short tenure here using this clause. This type of things gives extremely bad outlook towards any company. It appears as if they do not describe the job description and job duties at the beginning or interview candidates properly and they experiment with the candidates. May be company is not aware of the bad publicity it will get because of this and will have difficulty finding candidates in future.

It appears to be struggling with finance and the reason is overspending management does because of bad judgement. No one tries to fix that.

Company has weird type of structure and hierarchy. At times it appears that no one understands how other companies work. Highly disorganized. Another weird thing is that no one wants to talk or hear about such things.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the politics and overspending happening in the IT.

Excellent Company - Positive Workplace Expierence - Competitive Salaries

Manager (Current Employee)
San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Hill Physicians Medical Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWork life balance is excouraged. Autonomy and independence is given. Cutting edge and ahead of the curve with Healthcare Reform. Solid foundation with investments in new technologies. Trusted senior leadership. Great people. Most stay for 10 plus years. Culture is positive and friendly.

ConsLimited upward mobility and opportunities for career advancement are few and far between.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Continue to be available to all employees. Continue or increase communication to the rank and file.

Good experience with Hills Physicians Medical Group, formerly Physicians Integrated Medical Group.

Insurance Claim Coordinator (Former Employee)
Brisbane, CA

I worked at Hill Physicians Medical Group part-time for less than a year

ProsGood hours, helpful senior staff, fast paced work environment.

ConsLimited upward mobility and opportunities for promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to give junior staff more responsibility and help them develop their core responsibilities.

Either Grandfathered in or you are not part of the "in" crowd

I have been working at Hill Physicians Medical Group

ProsEasy work, however that means everything is done manually, old timers get to keep their jobs.

ConsSlow to adapt to new technology or change

Advice to Senior Managementinvest more in your employees

Exceptional opportunities to make a difference in the health care sector while enjoying work / life balance.

I have been working at Hill Physicians Medical Group

ProsReat opportunities to enjoy work / life balance; excellent benefits; exceptional people; stable company with continued opportunities to grow one's career.

ConsPriMed is a smaller fish in a big pond, and while those who perform at high levels are recognized and rewarded, there are fewer opportunities for lateral and upward career growth than in larger companies with high turnover. Learning opportunities abound, but job movement is somewhat limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to do what makes this organization so wonderful - value your employees and recognize that part of what makes this organization so special is the opportunity to work hard, but also to play hard.

Great perks at Hill Physicians

Customer Service (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hill Physicians Medical Group

ProsThere are many perks like exercise day and the wellness program bonus. Employees get a $400 bonus for taking good care of themselves. There are many opportunities to learn about losing weight and lowering your cholesterol and blood pressure to help you out. There are fun company outings and meetings. There is a sense of humor and a relaxed atmosphere.

ConsIts a medium sized company but there is very little interface with senior management. Two separate buildings separate the senior management and regular employees. This will change at the beginning of the new year when there will be a move to Bishop Ranch in January.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo get more involved with every level of the employees. To find out who the incompetent directors and managers really are. To find out who the real stars really are.

Worked for Hill Physicians Medical Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hill Physicians Medical Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hill Physicians Medical Group CEO Steve McDermott. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Hill Physicians Medical Group employees.