Hillarys Blinds Reviews

3 reviews filtered by
2.7
CEO

1. Great company with lots of opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Hillarys Blinds full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked at Hillarys for the past 8 years and in that time have worked my way up the business. I have been given lots of opportunities to progress through various training and hands on project work. I like working for a business where my views are listened to and with people who genuinely want to work hard and get on with each other and the job.

Cons

None, if you are prepared to work hard you will be rewarded

2. do not part with £2000 to become an advisor

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I worked at Hillarys Blinds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

there are no pros to being a hillarys advisor.you will be treated as an employee most of the time.You will do what you are told .if you upset your area manager you will not be given any leads.
    at all other times you are self employed.

Cons

you will have to attend meetings that you will not be paid for ...these meetings may be up to 50 miles away and are never less than 2 hours up to 6 hours.
    they tell you what days you are selling and what days you are fitting,,,,,,,EMPLOYED
    you pay your own tax,n i ,fuel ,car running costs ,,the list goes on ....SELF EMPLOYED

Advice to Management

I HAVE NO ADVISE FOR MANAGEMENT BECAUSE THEY DONT LISTEN.....IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT YOU MAY AS WELL KEEP IT TO YOURSELF...YOU WILL BE IGNORED OR CALLED A WHINGER

3. I felt ripped off and used as slave labour

Former Employee - Advisor in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Advisor in Nottingham, England (UK)

I worked at Hillarys Blinds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Self - employed benefits, the illusion that you're your own boss and a degree of working hours flexibility

Cons

High priced products and only 15% commission, you have to find all your running expenses, car, tools, workwear (compulsory) yourself. There was no cost when I joined in 2007 but now you have to pay £2k upfront to cover your toolkit, workwear and training, all of which you have to buy from them.

Advice to Management

As advisors form about 90% of your workforce, try treating them a little better. Look into bullying and removal tactics used by certain managers for their own personal reasons.