Hillsborough City School District

www.hcsd.k12.ca.us

Hillsborough City School District Reviews

CEO

It has given me a career that allows me to stand on my own two feet

Pros

Benefits and days off. Teachers are paid for 10 months so they have many days off. You accrue sick days each month. Plenty if professional development available for career advancement.

Cons

Too many politics going on. Health insurance keeps getting more expensive each year and the deductibles higher. The union is expensive. The evaluation system does not help morale.

Each department has it's own agenda. Communication is poor. Improvement is needed in these. Rethink evaluation system.

Teacher Aid, was very good working with kids with learning disabilities!

Former Employee - Teacher Aid  in  Tampa Palms, FL
    Former Employee - Teacher Aid in Tampa Palms, FL

Pros

Give me the opportunity to applied my Health Education assisting teachers during the learning process adaptability for students with learning disabilities.

Cons

To be able to do blending careers give me open doors to expand and improve work experiences.

Keep open doors to the opportunities of accept blending careers able the professional with their knowledge's and experiences to improve the teaching quality education.

Teacher

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

Pros

state of the art technology, involved parents, best practices, staff development, very high standards,

Cons

competition not collaboration between collegues, parents request teachers which is difficult for new teachers, hidden agenda of administration, favoritism shown to staff members, district employs many family members and friends of administration whoare all given preferential treatment and not held to the same standards, little evaluation or feedback, no chance for promotion, parents can be very demanding. This is not a district to work in if you are new. It is definitely sink or swim.

This is an administration that rules without concern for staff, morale, even students interests, Favored status goes to families who contribute large amounts of money.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hillsborough City School District - teacher

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Hillsborough, CA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Hillsborough, CA

Pros

Affluent community, few students require intervention, parents involved

Cons

parents too involved with placement, favoritism, administration has minimal empathy for teachers, moral poor

Support staff, treat all fairly, listen, follow through

Worked for Hillsborough City School District? Contribute to the Community!