Hillshire Brands Reviews

Reset
2.6
CEO
1 Rating

Pros
  • Great Location, Good Work/Life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Really great and inspiring upper management (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, poor work/life balance, and it is always cold (in 5 reviews)

• There is no one in this company that I would want to work for (in 7 reviews)

1. Decent place to work for.

Pros

Good pay when held for a year. Fast pace environment at times. A relatively easy job nothing their is hard at all. Limited heavy weight lifting.

Cons

Depending on where your working within the company. Long hours, very few days off per month, benefits are so-so.

Advice to Management

Listen to the hourly employees some have great ideas for how to improve the department they are working in.

Short term vision

Pros

Good colleagues, great office space

Cons

Company is not set up well for future growth

Unfulfilled promises

Former Employee - Production Technician in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Production Technician in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Hillshire Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The facility I worked at has great potential to be the leader in the deli meat industry. It's a one of a kind place to work.

Cons

In the last 5 years there has been over 60 people, just on the management level alone, that have left this one facility. There is a great communication divide between management and production. There is no commitment to the employees.

Advice to Management

There has been some great talent that has left in the past few years because of your lack of commitment and communication. How.do you expect employees to be committed to your vision if you're m OT committed to theirs?

5. Senior Auditor

I worked at Hillshire Brands full-time

Pros

Opportunity to work on various areas and departments of the company. Good Salary and benefits

Cons

At times scope of the audits bubbles up with out any changes in the original deadlines for completing audit

Advice to Management

Improve the Dental insurance and make senior Auditors eligible for bonus

6. To many temps

Former Employee - Hot Dog Utility in Saint Joseph, MO
    Former Employee - Hot Dog Utility in Saint Joseph, MO

I worked at Hillshire Brands full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hourly wage and the easy ness of the work.

Cons

Hanging hot dogs not much fun.

Advice to Management

Be more selective with the people in whom you hire.

dont do it ' its not worth it''at all.

Current Employee - Warehouse Material Handler in Tarboro, NC
    Current Employee - Warehouse Material Handler in Tarboro, NC

I have been working at Hillshire Brands full-time

Pros

none'' this place is the worse place to work at 'no traing ,from manegment ,team leaders,supervisors to Qa , nobody knows anything , its like working in a jungle with wild animals' saftey is redickulous 'the regular employees is what keep this place running for somre reasons'everyones against each other its ran by favortisum 'they piont sysems sucks 'i really dont know how this place is still running' the name just keep changing ' this place would break you down completely .

Cons

dont do it to your self ;; this place would put you in your grave early'''dont waist your time 'its not worth it at all .

Advice to Management

you all sucks '' yall are a real joke

Yikes! That was not a good experience!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hillshire Brands (More than a year)

Pros

I can't really say one positive word about this place. I need to fill this space with 20 words. Why isn't zero stars an option?

Cons

Believe everything about the terrible reviews here. This may be the worst job I've ever had. The worst management I've ever seen. I mean where did they find these people. I honestly couldn't quit fast enough. My manager who had zero experience in the field for which she was a manager of was downright nasty. They play favorites, they make it uncomfortable to show up to work, boring work, etc. If you take a job here you are either a.) desperate or b.) just want a job in Chicago and don't care about having a career.

Advice to Management

They are obviously disconnected so advising them on anything is pointless. We got bought out faster then we spun off! Great work guys!! Keep up the awesome work, clearly!

Gen Y regurgitation nightmare

Former Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hillshire Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A paycheck but that is about it. I am trying really hard to come up with 20 words here.

Cons

To get anything done you have to submit a project to a committee made up of one of the brand management teams ie Hillshire Farm of which I am part of, then it has to go to several iterations of yeas and nays during several group discussions and then we get assigned a PMO (project manager--hopefully-- to make it happen. We don't know the system very well and the training is dismal at best and that is why we hate to be project leads. The PMO is very self serving, and is run by corporate climbing management that came from Kraft that have their own agenda and motives. If you want to be a marketer here, I would look elsewhere if you want to get things done. You have to be an expert corporate maneuverer around this place.

Advice to Management

Get rid of those pretending to care about the company and get rid of the PMO management. There is isn't alot of 'adds' or 'builds' or 'value added' from them.

Over worked, poor benefits

Current Employee - Supports Brand Teams in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Supports Brand Teams in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hillshire Brands full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great skill and experience builder across technical, presentation and leadership development

Cons

Teams supporting the brand teams are horribly overworked, total pressure cooker, management just doesn't care about work-life balance. Training...forget about it, you'll be thrown to the wolves shortly after being hired with zero support. Didn't realize until I left that I was underpaid and retirement benefits below average.

Advice to Management

For the love of God treat your Chicago office (Hillshire Brands) employees better! Specifically those supporting the brand teams.

11. Not enough experience in senior leadership roles

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Hillshire Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, People are goods as well.

Cons

Production Management needed better training. Plant Manager disappears and is not engaged with the employees and the process

Advice to Management

Invest in your people and be a part of what you are trying to build on.

RSS Feed </> Embed