Hillwood Reviews

3.6

Ross Perot Jr.

Great Company Well Respected in Community

I have been working at Hillwood full-time

Pros

Values, ethics
    Wellness oriented
    Entrpreurial
    Help our vets
    nimble

Cons

No significant cons with Hillwood

Great at the corporate level...

Former Employee - Aviation  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Aviation in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Hillwood full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very competitive pay, countless incentives, (cash/non-cash) generally good people. The parent company, Hillwood is amazing. They are a helpful and caring bunch, and do a lot to make sure you are compensated for your hard work...But not at the Airport/ATX.

Cons

At first I just thought it was a joke, but I really think the Airport stays ridiculously understaffed on purpose. They have the highest turnover of any of the business units, and there's a good reason for it. Not everyone wants to work 50+ hours a week, have a completely arbitrary schedule, and frowned upon when you try to leave after a 13 hour day... Airport management structure is about as corrupt as could be. It's a very "good ole boys" club, and you're either in that group, or out of it. If you are considering a job at the airport, be sure to ask about their turnover! (9 people in 6th months, none of which were terminated. Not just front line employees, this was all levels of the department.)

Stop promoting the riffraff and driving off your hardest working employees.

Highly ethical, great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hillwood

Pros

Great benefits, fair compensation, smart employees, very professional, lots of nice perks, well respected in community, very entrepreneurial, high quality projects

Cons

Executives need to clearly articulate vision and strategy, compensation programs need to be more cleary defined and communicated, divisions need to work more closely and in harmony

Hillwood is a really good company, please define and articulate the vision and I promise the team will follow, there is a big gap from good to great.

Worked for Hillwood? Contribute to the Community!