Hilo Fish Company Reviews
Pros – - Well, it's a job. If you're on the market and there's a place for you there and you're good with demanding, high pressure jobs it'll be a challenge. You might get some good experience with the wholesale seafood industry.
- At times there are moments of long term planning that are encouraging.
- Fellow employees were great people. Friendly and good humored.
Cons – - High pressure to "increase profitability", frequently, no matter the cost. I always felt that I was simply a tool and not a valued employee.
- In my time there I saw cutbacks in what most would consider standard basic benefits and I was confident, that despite the economic upturn, they would never be returned to previous levels. (loss of personal days, bereavement and fewer sick days available)
- Micro-management from upper management and over-communication was mandatory. Good feedback would get lost in the deluge of daily emails.
- Mandatory 1/2 day Saturdays (after the typical 40 hrs a week) for salaried employees. No compensation for any extra time you put in. (even if you've put in >60 hours at the end of the day Friday - see you Saturday!)
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend