Hilti

www.hilti-me.com

Hilti Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Bo Risberg

It is a good company to work for.

Business Development (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsBenefits are great. Working hours flexible. Lots of opportunities to grow, if you follow the corporate culture and processes. And if you are willing to relocate.

ConsToo many processes to follow. Not flexible to change. Too many meetings. The corporate matrix structure results in redundancy and waste of resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to basics. With every new process / new team to add, ask 3 times this question: "Is it really necessary? We didn't have this before."

Strong Customer Centric Company with Values and strong Brand name.

ProsStrongly following culture and values.

ConsSometimes shows discrimination towards nationalities.

A good place to start and then move on.

Account Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey invest in developing their peoples sales skills. You will have monthly meetings going over the sales basics like sales cycle, role plays, etc. You will have the opportunity to sell a broad array of premium products which must be sold based upon their value vs. their price.

ConsCompensation is poor and there is little assistance in getting people towards their goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise the compensation plan so that your overall capacity to earn is 3X where it currently sits.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management based on Performance not Ability

Account Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsMany lateral positions; decent pay in certain regions; excelent life/work ratio; friendly atmosphere internally; everchanging industry

Cons"fat" company - too many employees with little use; horrible credit department; lack of vertical positions; high management turnover; lack of accountability

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep promises made during interview process. Look at candidates ability to manage and not their sales numbers. The AM's number is largely based on their customers success not the AM.

assistant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat environment, good work balance, professional development opportunities.

Consfor admin jobs, repetitive tasks and few space to bring in new ideas.

Great learning and development experience

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

ProsMany growing opportunities in emerging markets in sales and mkt positions. Nice working enviroment and great sales school.

ConsNot very open to take risks or make mistakes. Sometimes indicators block the enterprenual spirit.

Not the best place to work

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)

ProsFlexible timings, territory management, there is not much which can be said.

ConsToo much pressure with very less advantage. They will find every possible way to deduct from your salary or bonus

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is not always about what your get from your employees. You need to focus on what I'm it for them as well

struggels to live up to its promises, culture&values

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are okay and co-workers are very friendly; international environment; great cantine and office environment; great leadership skills among some of the supervisors (depends very much on the person just like in any other company)

Conssales experience is a must to get promoted to higher levels in marketing roles (should be expressed clearly during hiring process); consulting background seems to become prerequisit for higher levels; if both is missing development possibilities are very limited although taking on new positions is requested by company culture; HR is not really supportive in terms of personal development; tasks are very repetitive; implementing any changes/driving initiatives can be very tireing since long term commitment isn't always given due to frequent job rotation; only show courage to express dissent if your boss can handle it

Hilti offered me a life journey and continious development.

Sales Director (Current Employee) Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

ProsPeople development
    Multicultural environment
    Overall good leaders
    A clear strategy with top down - bottom up approach
    People working for HILTI are passing through a great school and are equiped for future challenges- changes
    Great culture

ConsIn a few regions of the company there are managers that are not people oriented

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that we are taking the right steps forward. High performance culture should keep up with our people oriented culture.

Great Brand with poor Management

ProsGreat Brand, service and Process

ConsPoor Management, benefits and development

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employee before it's too late

Worked for Hilti? Contribute to the Community!