Hilti USA

Hilti USA Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Hilti USA CEO Cary Evert

Cary Evert

Pros:
  • "Flexible work schedule for an easy work life balance"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Great Products that can pretty much sell themselves"
    in 22 reviews
Cons:
  • "The idea of a work/life balance became something that only existed if all sales goals were met"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Upper management does not always communicate openly"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great sales company in construction industry.

ProsTraining and career growth are great.

ConsPoor compensation for moving expenses. Covered 25% of incurred expenses to move 1,200 miles.

A Structured and Positive Experience

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsHigh focus on what needs to be done and how to do it

ConsGoal planning and achievement could be more collaborative, flexible and tied to what is really happening in the marketplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time on the "Cons" above

Care about employees, friendly co-workers, fair pay

Account Manager III (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

Prosawesome co-workers, flexibility, autonomy, there is a very good culture at the company and a spirit of team work. they are good about promoting you if you are good at what you do. many people will change positions every 1.5-3 years.

Conspossible to be lost in terms how to execute and in what ways, but you have resources at your disposal.

Advice to Senior Managementmake it easier to get bonuses

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people with amazing products. Brand image brings instant credibility

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat sales/product training. The company invests in their people and ensures they are properly trained. Combined with product education, the company helps the sales team with new and improved sales techniques.

ConsCompensation is below market average. Mid level high performers should have higher base salaries to allow for more business development. There is a high turnover in management which inconsistencies in local direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease flexibility in salary negotiation for senior level account managers to increase retention

Nice Company.. But

Finance Analyst (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsThey really stress their culture and beliefs. Generally a happy work place. Have competitive benefits for all full time employees.

Cons- Compensation is below market value
    -Delayed advancement opportunities
    -Too much emphasize on sales is causing a neglect in other facets

Great company!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat family oriented company with great people and great training.

ConsIf you are not mobile, don't waste your time here.

Advice to Senior Managementchange your mobility for promotion policies, it does not work!!!

Good steady company to build a career

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGood sales organization with other opportunities. Flexible work schedule for an easy work life balance. Great product to sell. Good consultive customer centric sales approach.

ConsLarge slow organization. A bit too slow in advancement for my taste. It can get boring if you don't love sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more creative.

Best place for structured training

Director (Former Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsTraining, market leading products, global culture

ConsNot great for minorities, specially under current North American president. Promotions at executive level not based on performance in North America.

Fun Job but became very micro managed

Account Manager I (Former Employee)
    Mission Viejo, CA

ProsGood training. Quality products. Mobiltiy and education is the key to advancement.

ConsToo much rediculous paperwork regarding future goals etc rather than tools to help sell product.

Low skilled managers and low morale

Account Manager III (Former Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

ProsMany products are considered high quality compared to competitors. They finally got rid of Ford Transits and now have option for truck and large vans as vehicle options. Tool repair turnaround is 5-6 days. Good after-market services on most products.

ConsFor a sales company, Hilti has unusual management philosophies. The way salespeople are paid changes with the wind. Employees do not have a say on their targets. Targets and quotas magically appear with no qualitative or quantitative explanation or getting buy-in. You are told to just accept them and then they use them against you when you don’t achieve them. Senior management is arrogant and egotistical and never address the morale problem. Meetings and conference calls are quiet. Regional managers and sales people are frightened to speak up. It’s unnerving. What’s worse is that the division and regional managers I had knew very little about construction or Hilti products to be helpful to there salesmen. So me and my fellow salesmen just wondered around blindly.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to basic on how to treat employees. Most employees have little respect for managers. Hilti has a potential to be a better company but the poor leaders that are in place will prevent the company from being a good place to work. I wish my former fellow employees the best.

Worked for Hilti USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hilti USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hilti USA CEO Cary Evert. All 167 reviews posted anonymously by Hilti USA employees.