Hilti USA

Hilti USA Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Hilti USA CEO Cary Evert

Cary Evert

Pros
  • Flexible work schedule for an easy work life balance(in 14 reviews)

• training, good culture, great feedback, great products, flexible(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • The idea of a work/life balance became something that only existed if all sales goals were met(in 8 reviews)

• Upper management does not always communicate openly(in 11 reviews)

Working for Hilti was an excellent challenge and the culture there is innovation.

Account Manager II (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThe innovative technology.
    The ongoing training.
    The branding.
    The people.

ConsNot being mobile could hurt your promotion chances.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and take to heart their criticism. They are your voice to the customer and if they are not happy, your customers will not be happy with you.

Hilti

ProsGood work life balance at Hilti

ConsTo many egos, no room for upward mobility

Amazing people, all the opportunities in the world, focused on being the best, providing the best, and knowing the most.

Technical Service Intern (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsThe employees are amazing, most of them really love Hilti and live and breath it's ideals. You have the opportunity to do anything, if you talk to you manager you can stark in sales and move to account manager, or marketing, or where ever it is. You also have the opportunity to travel. Hilti can take you anywhere in the US, as well as to Germany and multiple locations in Europe. The benefits are outstanding (at least at corporate) they have wellness classes which are unlimited exercise classes for $15 a month. The pay is excellent, they also do bonuses which can be quite substantial. Many positions are offered a car and other perks. They have a great culture where they want you to learn about Hilti and what makes it Hilti. What each product does, etc.
    Cary (the CEO) is amazing. He is thoughtful, smart and extremely personable. He's "down on the floor" interacting with people when he's at corporate and not traveling. They set goals and strive for them.

ConsTo move up you have to be willing to move, which is great for you professionals but not necessarily couples, or families.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great sales company in construction industry.

ProsTraining and career growth are great.

ConsPoor compensation for moving expenses. Covered 25% of incurred expenses to move 1,200 miles.

A Structured and Positive Experience

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsHigh focus on what needs to be done and how to do it

ConsGoal planning and achievement could be more collaborative, flexible and tied to what is really happening in the marketplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some time on the "Cons" above

Care about employees, friendly co-workers, fair pay

Account Manager III (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosawesome co-workers, flexibility, autonomy, there is a very good culture at the company and a spirit of team work. they are good about promoting you if you are good at what you do. many people will change positions every 1.5-3 years.

Conspossible to be lost in terms how to execute and in what ways, but you have resources at your disposal.

Advice to Senior Managementmake it easier to get bonuses

Great people with amazing products. Brand image brings instant credibility

Account Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat sales/product training. The company invests in their people and ensures they are properly trained. Combined with product education, the company helps the sales team with new and improved sales techniques.

ConsCompensation is below market average. Mid level high performers should have higher base salaries to allow for more business development. There is a high turnover in management which inconsistencies in local direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease flexibility in salary negotiation for senior level account managers to increase retention

Nice Company.. But

Finance Analyst (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsThey really stress their culture and beliefs. Generally a happy work place. Have competitive benefits for all full time employees.

Cons- Compensation is below market value
    -Delayed advancement opportunities
    -Too much emphasize on sales is causing a neglect in other facets

Great company!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat family oriented company with great people and great training.

ConsIf you are not mobile, don't waste your time here.

Advice to Senior Managementchange your mobility for promotion policies, it does not work!!!

Good steady company to build a career

Account Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood sales organization with other opportunities. Flexible work schedule for an easy work life balance. Great product to sell. Good consultive customer centric sales approach.

ConsLarge slow organization. A bit too slow in advancement for my taste. It can get boring if you don't love sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more creative.

Worked for Hilti USA? Contribute to the Community!