Hilti USA

Hilti USA Reviews in Houston, TX

3.2

Hilti USA CEO Cary Evert
Cary Evert

Pros
  • They have great work-life balance (in 16 reviews)

• You are helping customers, selling great products, and making some money (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • The idea of a work/life balance became something that only existed if all sales goals were met (in 9 reviews)

• Upper management does not always communicate openly (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager II in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager II in Houston, TX

I worked at Hilti USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great product, good leadership, fair pay

Cons

Constantly changing bonus plan, a lot of turnover

Too many politics

Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Hilti USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good reputation in industry for quality of products

Cons

I was right out of college when I worked at Hitli and was fired after 8 months. I had a strange set up where I was hired without an opening so they had me help out in whatever territories had a need for some extra sales help. This meant I would be the one making cold calls and trying to bring in new customers while the main account manager did the customer service and managed large accounts. The person who I directly reported to wasn't really involved with my day to day activities because the territory I mainly worked in was managed by a different regional manager. On a day to day basis I reported to this regional sales manager who was thrilled with my work however he was new to the company and when the manager I reported to directly decided to let me go, he did not put up a fight for me. After bringing in several new accounts and busting my ass to prove myself, I was let go. I had countless positive emails about my performance which I kept and sent to HR. They simply told me they would be having a talk with the manager about the mixed feedback. The truth is the manager who I reported to on paper didn't like me because I am very professional and clean cut, he had told me one day that If I was to make it in this industry I was going to have to fit in better. Meaning fit the typical construction worker mold, good ole boy.

There is alot of favoritsm that goes on and this needs to be put under control.

Hilti USA Photos