Hilti USA

Hilti USA Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated Jan 27, 2014

Hilti USA CEO Cary Evert

Cary Evert

Pros
  • Flexible work schedule for an easy work life balance(in 14 reviews)

• training, good culture, great feedback, great products, flexible(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • The idea of a work/life balance became something that only existed if all sales goals were met(in 8 reviews)

• Upper management does not always communicate openly(in 11 reviews)

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Account Manager

Account Manager II (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat product, good leadership, fair pay

ConsConstantly changing bonus plan, a lot of turnover

Too many politics

Account Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood reputation in industry for quality of products

ConsI was right out of college when I worked at Hitli and was fired after 8 months. I had a strange set up where I was hired without an opening so they had me help out in whatever territories had a need for some extra sales help. This meant I would be the one making cold calls and trying to bring in new customers while the main account manager did the customer service and managed large accounts. The person who I directly reported to wasn't really involved with my day to day activities because the territory I mainly worked in was managed by a different regional manager. On a day to day basis I reported to this regional sales manager who was thrilled with my work however he was new to the company and when the manager I reported to directly decided to let me go, he did not put up a fight for me. After bringing in several new accounts and busting my ass to prove myself, I was let go. I had countless positive emails about my performance which I kept and sent to HR. They simply told me they would be having a talk with the manager about the mixed feedback. The truth is the manager who I reported to on paper didn't like me because I am very professional and clean cut, he had told me one day that If I was to make it in this industry I was going to have to fit in better. Meaning fit the typical construction worker mold, good ole boy.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is alot of favoritsm that goes on and this needs to be put under control.

Worked for Hilti USA? Contribute to the Community!