Hilton Grand Vacations

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hilton Grand Vacations President Mark Wang

Mark Wang

Pros:
  • "Great benefits after 90 days, Hotel discounts start right away"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Hourly environment, good benefits after 90 days, cafeteria"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:

Reviews

Bad Management in Sales

Sales Administrative (Former Employee)

I worked at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time for less than a year

ProsLots of parties and employee recognition. Got to listen to great music trying while the sales team tried to make sales to keep them up.

ConsBad management who only focuses on sales people. I worked as an admin and I got hired and honestly had no idea what I needed to do. There was no real direction, there was no training given. I did what I was told and never knew why, which makes a job hard when you don't know why you're doing something. The manager was really only concerned with the sales people.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get the admin people working within the sales team trained correctly

It's a job

Vacation Advisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time for more than a year

ProsThis is a good place to work if:
1) you have been out of work for a long time.
2) You are venturing into the workforce for the first time or are a recent college graduate.
3) You want to expand your sales resume to include cold-calling.

It's kinda like being on vacation working at Hilton Grand Vacations. Music playing overhead, people dancing in their cubicles,the day is only six hours long, they have contests, there is some nice eye candy walking around, Supervisors are nice and positive.

But.....

ConsMost people don't last more than 30 days here.

Unless you are really good, really lucky or really pretty & flirty to the supervisors you probably won't make a lot of money here. It's a tough gig.

Do the best you can and get your Doctor, dentist and eye exam appointments set for your 91st day and then start looking for something else. Maybe even use the travel benefits once or twice before leaving.

Advice to Senior ManagementProgram the computer not to a call any number more than once or twice a week. Hilton Honor members and past stay guest get tired of being called 3 or 4 times a day.

Put a callback button on the computer screen. There are some consumers who actually are fired up about the trips - but it's not payday, or they just got back from a trip.

Simplify the commission structure, especially the VPG. How bout giving the "vacation counselors" a 5% slice off of any timeshare sale regardless of tours, occurances, total monthly sales. Keep It Simple, Stupid! People tire of not knowing what their paychecks are gonna look like month to month - that's why I'm leaving soon.

HGVC Direct Sales, Tele-Sales, MetroWest, Orlando

HGVC Direct Sales, Tele-sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time

ProsFacilities; clean, ample office, new cubicles, overhead music, in-house diner, microwaves, fridges, for your 30 minute lunches.
-Nice owners/ members (clients), mostly up-market demographics.
-Direct Telesales dept. will hire almost anyone with a RE license.

If you know the management or worked with them at WestGate; you are fed sales. Or you can offer some commission share or spiff money to certain TOs to get fed some sales, especially helpful while you learn the product. Everyone who leaves this dept, leaves deals on the table that TOs know about, so be generous.
If you have worked in TS, you know what to expect.

Cons90% turn-over rate of licensed real estate agents. Most hires/ trainees are gone before six months. Management is indifferent to turnover. They are not truthful about the earnings you can expect. They feed deals to a small handful of reps (in click) so they can say people are earning six-figs. In reality 90% earn under $50k/yr, or leave before a year.
Not a department for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to lead, or get out of the way. Abandon your "institutionalized indifference." Don't accept the ridiculously high fail rate. Have fewer people and build their skill, earnings, and company loyalty. Think Company over click. Be on the floor, not behind a closed door. Deal with everyone equally, not just those that came from WestGate. Don't be so afraid to let your people interact with Corporate when Corporate invites them. Bring back the 30-60-90 day benchmarking. Or go back on the floor and let a leader come in who can can better manage human assets for more profitability and consistency.

Good Company.

HGEC (Former Employee)

I worked at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time for more than a year

ProsFair pay, great morale, good company discounts.

ConsDisconnect between upper management and lower level employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect more with front line employees.

outbound vacation advisor

Outbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time for more than a year

Prosbenefits and hours when they keep them

Conschange of commission all the time. no true leadership. STRESSFUL work enviroment

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp people that wanna grow in the company

Front Desk Agent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTravel benefits are very good.

ConsPay can be lower than other FD in town

It is an employee turn over scam. Unrealistic performance goals. HR not in favor of employees

Vacation Counselor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hilton Grand Vacations for less than a year

ProsNice people who are likable. Unfortunately they are committed to a system that is unfair to employees.

ConsNo room for decent wages. Unrealistic performance goals. Unfair payment incentives. No reward for loyal hard working employees. Not enough quality leads to sustain performance expectations from management. If you fail to achieve sales it is always your fault. Any cancellation which are not your fault are charged back to be deducted from your very small paycheck.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people a living minimum wage. Get HR people who will be advocates for the employee interest. Have better incentives. Why charge back cancellation that are not the fault of the TSR. Why wait 90 days to give any benefits. You have many more employee horror stories that success stories. Performance quotas are not fair.

Great learning experience.

Outbound Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time for less than a year

ProsThe management staff spends a great amount of time, energy and money on training new employees, and it's universal information you can take with you anywhere. Supervisors and managers are overall understanding and you're not immediately out the door if you don't hit your numbers one week.

ConsVery structured, but not without a reason. If you're used to having a lot of freedom in a work environment readjusting to the outbound sales department will be really tough, but in this job market it's definitely more legitimate than the tons of scams and third-party jobs out there.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much I can offer in the way of advice, they do a good job. It's what you'd run into at any company of this size. Of course you'll have to jump through a few hoops. It is what it is.

Hilton is a great company to work for

Secretary (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time for more than a year

ProsThe employees that I have met while with HGVC have all been great, especially the staff at my work location.

ConsThis was my first position with Hilton Grand Vacations division of Hilton Worldwide, it just seemed as if it was more of a trial and error environment than I remember when I worked for Hilton previously.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy suggestion would be when opening a new property to have a FT HR Representative on site to assist in properly handling the issues that arise with employees.

Terrible, I cannot find another job fast enough

Vacation Counselor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hilton Grand Vacations full-time for less than a year

ProsFull time = 6 hour work days. Charitable donation of $5.00 means we can wear jeans on Fridays. The trainers are very nice people. Great job to re-acclimate to the world of corporate America. Good job for a college student. Good place to learn how to overcome sales objections.

ConsThe environment is not conducive to professionalism. Prime example: My first week on the floor I sat at my desk, stunned when "I'm A Hustla" started blasting throughout the call center. The sales goals are unattainable. I almost laughed out loud during training when we were told how easy it was to make that sort of money and keep a job here. How is that possible when the turn over rate is astronomical, a degree is not required, and they hold job fairs at the local welfare office? If the sales goals and payout were that simple, no one would ever leave, and the requirements for the job would be higher.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, they are meeting their hiring quotas, and trying to feed their families.

Worked for Hilton Grand Vacations? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hilton Grand Vacations reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hilton Grand Vacations CEO Mark Wang. All 94 reviews posted anonymously by Hilton Grand Vacations employees.