Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide President and CEO Christopher Nassetta

Christopher Nassetta

42 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

eCommerce Manager, Edge Fund

ECommerce Manager (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time for less than a year

ProsHotel discounts, well known brand, good city, good location, good benefits, friendly peers, covered parking, snack area, vending machine, water fountain

ConsExtremely high turnover, poor training, unusual workloads (portfolios of 30+ hotels), mismatch hiring (e.g. they hire strategists and place them in analytical roles), unclear departmental divisions, busy work for the sake of busy work (endless checklists, audits, etc), inexperienced people managers

Advice to Senior ManagementAre you a ninja master at placing checks in checkboxes? Are you passionate about copying and pasting text, uploading images, and correcting spelling? Do you love pulling reports and creating graphs, leaving the meaningful work to other people? If you answered yes to all three, than this is the job for you!

Hilton's eCommerce department didn't hire people like the above when I was there. Instead, they hired seasoned professionals from Fortune 500 companies and digital ad agencies, with backgrounds in strategic digital marketing, and placed them in predominately administrative and highly mundane eComm Manager roles. Not a good fit.

We were assigned portfolios consisting of dozens of hotels (mostly motels), and we were expected to conduct endless audits, pull endless reports, and fill out endless checklists that constituted our day-to-day responsibilities - all day, every day. Additionally, we were responsible for website maintenance (swapping out promos, correcting spelling, etc). It appears things haven't changed. The average tenure of eCommerce Managers is currently around 1 year before leaving the company. High turnover = unhappy employees.

They should consider only hiring individuals with hospitality backgrounds and specifically individuals from Revenue Management. The roles are very similar - analyzing data and conducting root cause analysis for assigned hotels (but from an online perspective and with the added layer of audits, checklists and website maintenance...and more audits and checklists).

Actual online strategy/execution is managed by other teams (Demand Generation, Search, Social, etc.).

Great Place

Ass Front Office Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of upward movement to progress

ConsLow compensation for starting employees

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more and keep up the Hilton Values

Lots of fun, lots of options and lots of opportunities to grow with the company.

Reservation Sales Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time for more than a year

ProsThe benefits!!!! Free or low cost hotel stays, worldwide opportunities to work/travel, and cost effective insurance.

ConsWorking with technology that sometimes has a negative impact on performance and customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementSchedule upgrades and maintainance after 2am Central Time.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid company with a couple departmental issues

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time for more than a year

ProsHilton takes pretty good care of their people; salaries are fair, benefits are good, and PTO is more than adequate. People seem to get from their jobs there (both in terms of promotion and retention) what they put into them, which isn't the case everywhere. Expectations for performance have been high but not unreasonable, in my experience. This is a good place to work.

ConsAt least on the eCommerce side, getting meaningful things done can be frustrating, since you're not only having to get buy-in from 10 brands, but also dealing with a number of territorial departments that don't want to share their toys. The department also can't seem to figure out what it wants to be or what its goals are, which can leave employees wondering if they are there to provide customer service to hotels, improve the websites, or drive revenue. It's a fairly young department so this will mostly likely get better, but there are currently growing pains.

Good pay and secure. But they will work you to the bone.

Director of Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat co-workers. Good pay. Great benefits. While the morale in the Dallas offices is not the greatest due to the fact that no one has been promoted in that office without moving to the Virginia HQ, most of the people at Hilton are genuinely nice people who are always willing and able to pitch in to help. While there are cons (as there are with any job), I would still recommend Hilton as a great place to work.

ConsNo opportunity for advancement unless you move to the HQ in Virginia. They will work you to the bone. And there is WAY too much red tape for anyone to be effective in their role. The offices are a little bleak, but nice.

Good job

Reservations (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide part-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits if full time/sales driven

Conshigh expectations, low pay/no benefits if full time

Great company and training

Revenue Analyst (Current Employee)
Addison, TX

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time for more than a year

ProsTraining and promotions from within the company

ConsNone that are that bothersome

Good Place to Work long term

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood work/life balance, pay is average.

ConsOutsourcing initiatives have slowed hiring.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit outsourcing

Hilton Reservations and Customer Care

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat culture and benefits including hotel discounts!

ConsThe only con I can think of is my commute.

Great company if you've never worked anywhere else, ever

Revenue Manager (Current Employee)
Addison, TX

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWilling to train
Very small consequences for mistakes
General tolerance of laziness, ignorance and stupidity

ConsLaziness is encouraged and rewarded
Little room for merit-based advancement
Too much worry for CYA that hurts actual performance
GIANT inconsistencies between managers and workgroups
Management WILL come down on you for pointing out people not doing their work
It's more important to play the game than serve the customer

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the employees work on things that actually matter

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Hilton Worldwide Videos

Hilton Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

A World of Opportunities for You From Oahu to Ontario, Hilton Worldwide continues to grow throughout the United States and Canada. Conrad Hilton founded our company in 1919 in Cisco, Texas, and developed a lasting… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hilton Worldwide reviews and ratings in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hilton Worldwide CEO Christopher Nassetta. All 42 reviews posted anonymously by Hilton Worldwide employees.