Hilton Worldwide Reviews

66 reviews filtered by
  • Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area

Stay Away From eCommerce

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time

Pros

Vacation policy. Great hotel discounts. A lot of $ is invested in online learning programs. Good 401K.

Cons

Leadership. Portfolio size. Poor leadership training. Poor future job opportunities unless you are willing to move to D.C or Memphis. Initiatives move at a snail's pace due to poor leadership at the very top that fails to trust their managers.This blocks improvements from being accomplished.

Advice to prospective employees: Hilton Worldwide is a great company to work for. The franchise eCommerce department is a nightmare. Leadership is out of touch with the day to day work load of eCommerce managers. Managers are faced with growing portfolios that range upwards of 60-70 hotels and expectations are increasing. Turnover is high. Hope for the future is bleak. Comparable hotelier portfolio sizes are much more reasonable (10 - 20) and even the owned portfolios are reasonable (~10 properties). Understand what role you are truly taking on.

2. Loving Hospitality

Current Employee - ECommerce Manager in Addison, TX

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people, good work life balance, encouragement to travel, and discounts on hotels. Open to knew ideas and processes.

Cons

Difficult to move up, large portfolio, and you will gain weight because of all the food your coworkers bring into the office.

Hilton Worldwide/HRCC work-at-home reservations sales specialist

Current Employee - HRCC Reservation Sales Specialist in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - HRCC Reservation Sales Specialist in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Positive, respectful work environment.
    Well-planned, effective training program.
    Flexible scheduling that lets me pick my days off.
    Good discounts and free hotels after training.
    No commute allows me to keep more of the paycheck.

Cons

Low hourly rate.
    Tough to make all the metrics for potential bonuses, and Hilton network issues negatively impact these metrics.
    At times system and network connection issues make it tough to do the job, and they are fairly regular occurrences.
    These are the only truly negative issues of consequence I have experienced, so far.

Raise the hourly rate.
    Develop a way to more accurately measure and reward our performances.

5. Tons of promise but no hope

Former Employee - Reservation Sales Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Reservation Sales Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Being employed in a tough job market and working from home.

Cons

low pay, long hours, horrible compensation plan, training that was as close to a waste of time i've ever been in. the chances of you being able to use your discount at a hotel are lower then your chances of hitting the lottery. you most provide computer, pay for phone, pay for chair, desk, internet connection. Waste of time when on your first day of training they demand an on the spot drug test as well as a photo to prove you have a nice work space but are not willing to spend a dime towards theses requirements.

stop making it a revolving door and build a strong team

6. Supervisor contact center reservation sales

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Various schedules available, Good values, recognized brands and company with a global footprint. Great products, travel benefits and good training. Located conveniently in Carrollton Texas.....close to Addison, Dallas, Farmers Branch and other suburbs.

Cons

Good values on paper only - Terrible culture (Good old boys club) It's really who you know and kiss up to that matters - not how good you are. Contact center is rife with politics, corruption and manipulation of metrics by various means such as outages, call gating, guest survey score and quality assurance data manipulation etc.

Please stop being corrupt. The executives distance themselves from the populace - there is still value in a handshake and a pat on the back. Be sincere and don't manipulate the metrics - allow team members to earn what is theirs. Please ensure that corrupt members of management are dealt with rather than allowing them to form cliques which HR and upper management encourage and defend, with the intention of crushing any opposition or dissenting voices.

7. I manage small meeting for the assoc market. I build influential customer relationships to meet demands

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Addison, TX

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

great benefits, ability to travel all over the world. Working with great clients and building long lasting relationships.
    Management is wonderful at coming up with best practices
    vacation hours given are great
    off on holidays
    I am never micromanaged, I have tight to implement my own best practices and suggestions

Cons

Meeting high revenue goals
    not very good work life balance
    our department does not have enough opportunities to learn new things
    database is not effiecient

Our office should consider allowing us to work from home to balance work and home life. This position is very demanding and can require long hours to meet your revenue goals

8. Amazing place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Addison, TX

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Huge amount of freedom to pursue good ideas, encourage responsible risk-taking, global company with interesting advancement paths, incredible culture - "hospitality" isn't just a buzzword.

Cons

Only potential con is that Hilton is very large, very old, and very corporate, with all that entails. Depending on your temperament, those might actually be pros.

Faster performance recognition - once a year is too infrequent.

Customer Service Job

Former Employee - Cocktail/Food Server in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Cocktail/Food Server in Arlington, TX

I worked at Hilton Worldwide part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working at Hilton as a Server was a great experience for me while a student. For the most part, my co workers were extremely friendly and many had been with the company for many years (some have even been offered management jobs but declined due to the fact that servers at my location often made more than management). Hilton has great benefits such as discounted rooms when you go on vacation, job flexibility within the Hotel, transfer options (if you were moving), bonus for recommending someone (and they get hired), etc. Overall, I really enjoyed my time at Hilton.

Cons

I worked in a nicer Hilton but so many people treated me like I was far less superior to them when I was their waitress.
    Also, unless you were there for years, not much room to move up unless you apply for those positions. Also, there weren't many bonuses for having best sales or getting great reviews, etc.

My biggest management complain is that my main manager had no idea what she was doing half the time. She would nag at us and threaten our jobs when we got a bad review rather than help us make it better, or understand the fact that there are times we too, as employees, have bad experiences with customers. Also, she didn't know a thing about the program we used or about the menu so it was a little hard when we first started training. I actually had to learn from co workers.

10. Not good for anyone who doesn't fit neatly into Hilton's limited definition of a good employee.

Former Employee - Customer Care Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Care Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good travel benefits, ability to work at home.

Cons

Limited ability to get time off. Difficult to change schedules. Makes you feel like you've lost control of your own life. Employees who think outside the box--even when it is to the advantage of the company--are discouraged. Tools for further empowerment are repeatedly promised, but they are the proverbial pot at the end of the rainbow.

Recognize employees who have a great deal to offer, even if they do not fit into your precise metrics. Management needs to do more than talk the talk; it needs to start walking, too. Management preaches customer service, but it always gets down to the bottom line, which the last time I checked was at a pretty healthy level.

11. No Development in the "Development Coach", job is to let the resv. know only what they do wrong, not motivating at all

Current Employee - Reservations Work From Home in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Reservations Work From Home in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexibility in hours, Hotel discounts, work from home, Dallas Reservations.

Cons

Not motivating at all, all you hear is what your doing wrong every time you hear from supervisor or "DC", monthly bonus is almost impossible and depends on luck of the calls not your actions. I lost my job due to being sick and running out of emergency time. The dc was out to get rid of me and found a loop of 3 write ups/yr. I had one month out of 56 that I did not meet the 95% attendance and lost my job.

Get rid of the old timers with narrow views that truly do not want to coach employees or develope them, I was never developed. Dc's have way to much subjectivity on evaluating an employees.