Hilton Worldwide Reviews

928 reviews filtered by
3.5
Hilton Worldwide President and CEO Christopher Nassetta
Christopher Nassetta

Pros
  • Team member travel program is a huge plus (in 28 reviews)

• Good benefits, the Team Member Travel program is alright when you can get it to work (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • They do not care about work life balance but give it all talk as if they do care (in 31 reviews)

• long hours and advancement can take time depending on the management company (in 38 reviews)

1. Featured Review

A truly great company to work for!

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They empower the Team Members to resolve guest issues with no repercussions.
    Your entire work experience is about the Guests and making the Team Members enjoy their job so that the guests will enjoy their experience.

Cons

I've been in this business for a long time and I've never been treated better in my professional career.

Thank you for the opportunities!

2. good company

Current Employee - Bellman in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Bellman in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

nice people wonderful atmosphere nice boss and a heck of a lot of fun when you want to transfer

Cons

low pay the pay stinks. just like retail hospitality is just as low

Great benefits, bad communication

Current Employee - Customer Care Coordinator in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Care Coordinator in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get discounted and sometimes free rooms at hotels, flexible schedule, lots of pto and sick time, working from home is the best, lots of activities on site, discounts on non hilton items, many different departments to advance in, great job for stay at home parents and people in school, family members also get travel benefits.

Cons

Sometimes the systems don't work or kick you out mid-call which can make it hard to do your job and its very frustrating, maintenance on the website is always scheduled at a time that's very inconvenient for everyone, communication between people that work at home and people that work on site is lacking big time. Email is the main mode of communication when you work from home and sometimes it's more likely to win the lottery 10 times than it is to get a response from my boss. Policies change so often that it's hard to keep up and then we have agents telling customers outdated information. Not to mention A LOT of hotel workers aren't trained on the hhonors program so they give false info and 9 times out of 10 we're the ones that get yelled at by customers about it and we're left apologizing and trying to fix someone else's mess.

Train hotel agents on the HHonors program and what customer care agents can and can't do. Make sure the system is as bug free as possible so work at home agents can properly do their job, otherwise just have everyone work in the office. Please roll out changes a little at a time, changing too much at once overwhelms everyone. And most importantly please please please work on better communication, especially with dc's, Theyre supposed to be there to help and guide us but it doesn't help when they ignore their emails for a month and leave us hanging with nowhere to go.

5. Great Company

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Culture and environment are great. They always have activities to bring employees together. Benefits are comparable to the market. Hotel employee travel program is an added perk.

Cons

The Employee travel program is not competitive with other brands in the industry. Training could be beefed up a bit to allow other departments to understand what their peers do.

Keep up the fun activities, it makes me excited to get up for work each day. Allowing flexible hours makes for a great work life balance and allows employees to be more productive at work and at home.

6. Overall a good experience.

Former Employee - Human Resource Intern
    Former Employee - Human Resource Intern

I worked at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Great people, fantastic internship program, okay communication, lots of free food, overall a great company with a great organizational culture. The CEO is also a great guy that took time to meet all the interns.

Cons

Not any cons I can think of!

7. I worked in Hilton Worldwide's Addison, TX corporate office and found it a great company to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Open lines of communication with all levels of management. Good benefits comparable to other companies. Ability to work from home in some cases. New(er) office in easy to access location with covered parking in parking deck.

Cons

Pay was not they best. If you live in Dallas and drive the tollway to work the cost can get expensive. The alternative roads add a considerable amount of driving time from Uptown to Addison.

Consider tuition reimbursement for those wishing to return to an accredited college.

8. Lots of customer service for little pay

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

AMAZING benefits- health insurance, pto/vacation, school reimbursement, deep discount on hotel rooms

Majority of coworkers and employees are extremely nice and willing to help, except for the occasional few here and there

Very nice hotel and place to work. Also offers free meals during your breaks. Makes sure you do not work more than 6 hours without a break.

When it's slow there's lots of downtime to chat with your coworkers and the guests.

Cons

The pay is very low for the amount of customer issues and service you have to deal with on a regular basis. Half of the guests are friendly and thankful, the others will treat you like their servants and think they are so much better than you.

There is also a LOT to learn on the computer - it's not an easy system to learn and it's very easy to make a glitch that will bite you in the behind later - and someone will come find you to complain about it later.

Be more understanding when it comes to employee error, we are not perfect and not everything can be taught and learned in one day.

9. I love the atmosphere of my work environment

Current Employee - Cashier in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Learning new things that really excites md

Cons

Not enough time to learn everything as fast as needed

Continue doing a excellent job

10. Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

great place to work, great benfits

Cons

can not think of any cons

recognize employee more often

11. Great Benefits

Current Employee - Reservation Sales Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Reservation Sales Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, own boss, work from home

Cons

You are replaceable and they let you know it...

Be more personable