Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Hilton Worldwide President and CEO Christopher Nassetta

Christopher Nassetta

Pros
  • if you enjoy travelling, the team member travel plan is awesome(in 22 reviews)

• Good benefits such as discount room rates and employment growth(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • There was not an appropriate work/life balance - especially for contractors(in 21 reviews)

• long hours - large events can be difficult to work with(in 33 reviews)

Excelent

Banquet Server (Current Employee) Springfield, VA

ProsIt Is a good Job and the employees are friendly.

ConsOne of the challenges for me is the low pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain loyalty with the employees.

Great place to work!!!

Help Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsWork from home!!!
    Work from home!!!
    Work from home!!!

ConsHave to live in the Tampa Bay area....

Great company to work for.

ProsA great hotel work environment.

ConsHotels are open 24/7/365. Hours can be long and demanding with no comp time off.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

excelent

Chef De Partie (Current Employee) Gatwick, England (UK)

ProsThis is our second Home.

ConsMake the guest happy and satisfied for staying here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMe and my husband work in the same department but we work in different shift, he works 6-2 and I work 3-11. We don't have time to talk, we only got time when we request for the same days off but very seldom that we get that. We have 4 kids at home and to get the same day off is very important for us. We hope that in this case we don't need to ask our HOD because we need sometime for the kids. Hope you understand.

Hilton Worldwide

ProsExcellent employer - great opportunities and benefits

ConsHigh expectations, work load can be heavy

There is no hospitality like understanding

Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsLet me take this opportunity to tell you how grateful I am to be working with Hilton What makes a workplace feel like home? It’s a place that brings out your best, every day. Because it makes you want to be better, every day. It’s a place where your strengths are appreciated. Where people welcome you as you are. And applaud you for where you’re going. It not only provides you with 'WEAR AND GEAR' to do the job. It also provides you the knowledge, support and training through HWWU. Discover the power of belonging. At Hilton, we feel it every day. It comes from being recognized. It comes from knowing Hilton sees talent in each of us. And, it comes from working together, as a family, to make our guests feel as much at home as we do.

ConsThe wages a way to lower than market.

Advice to Senior Managementmake HWWU more practical then just browsing through slides

Great Company Great Benefits

Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat Corporate Management competitive wages

Consthere are no annual salary raises/

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue loyalty to employees

Reason to wake up

Guest Services (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat managers,no tension between the staff. Nice,fun and professional atmosphere to work at. Couldn't wait until the next shift. Managers could do all type of jobs if necessary, even cleaning tables and spending time to recycle the rubbish ,creating more or less flat structure of the company.

ConsAs a new busy hotel there is not enough staff to cope with the demand, so had to work double. Overall couldn't find any more disadvantages

The treatment of there staff is very good, along with the great range of employee benefits

Commis Chef (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosi love there benefits they give to there staff and direcly for me, my head of department is great at his job, and treats all his staff with respect.

Consdue to the way the business is going at the moment in terms of finance, there is little chance of promotions at the moment, i also feel although there are loads of benefits there is not as much recognition for the staff in terms of praise

Advice to Senior Managementallow the Head of departments to give credit and promotions where due, structure more inter-departmental team building so that different departments get to know each other, its polite to say hello in the corridor but even better to have a small catch up which is always great, its a great moral booster.

A great place to work if you're looking for advancement!!

Accounting Manager (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGreat people to work with. I worked for Hilton for over 10yrs, I started out at the bottom in reservations, and in just 3 years I had worked my way up to management in the executive offices. Management listens to your ideas & salary proposals with an open mind. I, for the most part, always got what I wanted.

ConsAt times, it can be a very "political" environment. To get in with the company, it tends to be an issue of who you know.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffice culture tends to be very "clickish". Different departments need to remember that they are all on one team and work together better.

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!