Hilton Worldwide Reviews

925 reviews filtered by
3.5
Hilton Worldwide President and CEO Christopher Nassetta
Christopher Nassetta

Pros
  • Team member travel program is a huge plus (in 28 reviews)

• Good benefits, the Team Member Travel program is alright when you can get it to work (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • They do not care about work life balance but give it all talk as if they do care (in 31 reviews)

• long hours and advancement can take time depending on the management company (in 38 reviews)

1. Company is in the process of growing, but is slow in making process.

Former Employee - Hotel General Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Hotel General Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

The fellow General Managers and fellow workers are great to work with. Hotels in portfolio are good hotels with Holiday Inn Express, Hampton's and Courtyards.

Cons

Leadership is non-existent at this company. Time off policy was changed a year ago to further corporate needs but did not account for long-term employees. Much decisions made at corporate level are made by few and some without hotel experience with any input from hotel management and with little time for implementation of processes.

Work with hotel management to develop ideas, policies and procedures that will let company grow and become a company people strive to work for - it isn't at this time.

2. Not the best company to work for due to pay and conditions.

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Diverse range of employees of all ages and backgrounds.

Cons

Poor management and poor salary.

Zero respect for hourly employees.

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Employee meals, excellent discounts on hotel stays, a community of coworkers who are just as dissatisfied as you are but feel powerless to change anything.

Cons

Substandard wages and incentives; hotels less than a block away pay significantly more for the same positions. Hours are constantly, steeply cut for budgetary reasons, leaving the hotel grossly understaffed; one person present at the front desk/operating the phones for a hotel with 300 rooms. Essential job equipment such as computers and printers, and facilities such as elevators and guest restrooms are virtually nonfunctional, with no repairs or replacements in sight. Near zero supply budget for departments that work with guests directly. You will be asked to work off the clock. Management employs extensive investigation into non-specific complaints in order to punish employees but puts zero effort into positive recognition. Expect to receive hilariously contradictory orders regarding the minutia of your performance. ("Be yourself! But stick to an exact script!" "Promise the guest you'll fix the problem immediately! But remember there's no staff or money in the budget to fix the problem!") Breaks are unpaid but mandatory. No holiday wage or bonuses, even if you work on the holiday itself. Zero respect for employee safety; security threats aren't taken seriously and emergency plans are non-functional. (Shooter response plan involves locking yourself in a room that no longer has a door!)

Meanwhile, salaried/management positions enjoy newer equipment, higher wages, lengthy paid vacations, and zero accountability for their actions.

Management treats employees like resources to be used up and then discarded; average turnover about three months and every single one of my coworkers is desperately seeking a way out. Look at other hotels in the area and see how they treat their employees.

The worst company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Eat for free and the medical benefits. That's the only pros I can think of, everything else is a con.

Cons

They don't care about you, no recognition for hard work, the upselling program is a scam!!! They write you up for every single thing, and are so quick to tell you that they will fire you!

Treat your employees better! I am so uncomfortable and stressed working for the Hilton. This is my first hotel job and they have made my experience working in hospitality so horrible. They want us to treat guests with the upmost respect, but yet we don't get that from our superiors.

Nightmare on Hilton Street

Former Employee - Manager - Web Development Team in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Manager - Web Development Team in Dallas, TX

I worked at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

You get a lot of PTO

Cons

Can we say BULLY Tactics. Lets start with Director and VP level leadership. The director and VP level management is immature and unprofessional. Working for Hilton I felt like I was in high school again. If you are not apart of the clique you are out. The leadership provides little vision and no support. They create a culture of discord and disrespect. I have never seen a group like this. Everyone there treated me like crap and I never truly got an opportunity to thrive. Also, they work in silos and never come together as a team. There is a lot of finger pointing and throwing each other under the bus. Now the work, I have not seen a single project go out effectively, this is due to not working together. I forgot to mention they lead by fear and not respect.. It was a Nightmare. I will never work for Hilton again.. Also not open to new people coming in.. If you have not been with the group for 10 to 15 years, start kissing up.. only way to survive

Get rid of your VP and Director level leadership and start all over again.

7. Be ready to be taken advantage of

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The only good thing is the Paid Time Off. You can accumulate quite a bit of it, but good luck actually using it. I'm saving mine as a severance package

Cons

No advancement for hard workers. The only way to advance is to threaten your bosses. Horrible pay.

Get some new management

Stay Away From eCommerce

Current Employee - ECommerce Manager in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - ECommerce Manager in Addison, TX

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time

Pros

Vacation policy. Great hotel discounts. A lot of $ is invested in online learning programs. Good 401K.

Cons

Leadership. Portfolio size. Poor leadership training. Poor future job opportunities unless you are willing to move to D.C or Memphis. Initiatives move at a snail's pace due to poor leadership at the very top that fails to trust their managers.This blocks improvements from being accomplished.

Advice to prospective employees: Hilton Worldwide is a great company to work for. The franchise eCommerce department is a nightmare. Leadership is out of touch with the day to day work load of eCommerce managers. Managers are faced with growing portfolios that range upwards of 60-70 hotels and expectations are increasing. Turnover is high. Hope for the future is bleak. Comparable hotelier portfolio sizes are much more reasonable (10 - 20) and even the owned portfolios are reasonable (~10 properties). Understand what role you are truly taking on.

9. National sales office, Cairo Egypt

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Cairo (Egypt)
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Cairo (Egypt)

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

One of the best hotel company
    Unlimited development and career growth

Cons

Full of politics and silos
    Buddy club
    That eventually gets talented people to leave the company instead of making a remarkable job to the company

Egypt's regional office is a very dirty and abusive office with sick people, take a good look of the turnover rate and the qualification of who people left since 2008

10. The worse

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I worked at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Hardly any they make you work like crazy, also weekends and from home for little pay and then they get rid off you like your trash. Maybe not the same everywhere in the world, but in the Netherlands they have very poor management and they do not adhere to Dutch rules and regulations. Stay away from them.

Cons

Not honoust
    Say they care about their employees but they lie'
    After 3 years still no fixed contract
    Poor pay
    No work-life balance

Close down or start investing on people
    Get rid of the clowns that run your show in the Netherlands

11. Absolute WORSE JOB Experience Ever!!!

Former Employee - Pastry Cook in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Pastry Cook in Houston, TX

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Uniforms are cleaned and pressed each day. Very diverse. There are not very many good things I can say about this location.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. Different benefits for certain positions. Corporate employees enjoy great benefits and cooks, housekeeping, and etc were considered Union employees with low grade benefits. Men sat around and watched women lift HEAVY commercial equipment and didn't ask if they needed assistance. SLAVE drivers, no recognition for hard work, and threats of termination made on a regular basis due work NOT being to their expectations. NO career progression. I wouldn't suggest anyone working in the kitchen. It was the absolutely worse work experience I have ever had in my 20 plus years in the work force.

Revise your pay scale for those who work in the kitchen...especially at the largest hotel in Texas!!!