Hilton Worldwide

Updated August 20, 2014
3.5

Hilton Worldwide President and CEO Christopher Nassetta
Christopher Nassetta

Pros
  • Team member travel program is a huge plus (in 28 reviews)

• Good benefits, the Team Member Travel program is alright when you can get it to work (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • They do not care about work life balance but give it all talk as if they do care (in 31 reviews)

• long hours and advancement can take time depending on the management company (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Outstanding company with unlimited opportunities for team members.

Former Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large company with rich history. Many opportunities for advancement from hotel properties to corporate offices. Training is available on regular basis for skill enhancement. First rate use of latest technologies to manage business units.

Cons

Very large company can make decisions less nimble than optimal.

Allow property-level management ability to manage as entrepreneurs. This increased autonomy will enhance creativity, productivity, and moral.

Get ready for the ride.

Current Employee - Banquet Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Banquet Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good employee perks, fun work environment. GM is amazing. Young managers, great relationships are made.

Cons

Corporate is only concerned with the bottom line and the service suffers. Executive Comity is awful, how they made it that far in their career is a shock. Money isn't great especially when you consider the blood, sweat, and tears you put in. 12 hour days are a low average of what you will work.

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great travel benefits. A feeling that you are cared for as an employee. They want you to have a personal life and not just a work life. Fairly easy to transfer locations if you work for a property that is owned and operated by corporate.

Cons

The salary is not as high as other industries and some other organizations within the same industry.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

As it is common in hotel industry, manager's compensation is lower then comparable jobs in other industries.

Cost cutting is affecting the company too much and making us loose market share

Change is happening and the flexible will survive.

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Hilton is in tranformation mode as the company tries to shake off it's former image of traditional big boxes in major cities to being a world class hospitality company. But at it's roots are the Team Members who make the hotels great. Each day, throughout the country i am proud to be part of the team that delivers exceptional service to our guests.

While operations and deliverables to our guests have changed and continue to change with Blackstone's leadership, the heart of our hotels are still alive and doing our best for the guests. The future for HIlton remains strong and the promise of Blackstone's ownership is the core of that promise. We have grown our Waldorf=Astoria collection by over 10 properties and ownership is going to focus on our nameplate brand HILTON more than Hampton, Homewood, Embassy and Doubletree.

In the long run we do have a great 401 K, Health, Life and Dental benefits that are above average and PTO which we all love!

Learning and Professional Development and Brand Management have been turning out the training and support materials to do a better job so while we are in turmiol as an organization, we are still the best hospitality company in the world.

Cons

CUTS CUT AND CUTS... it is tough with the layoffs and cutbacks. Team Member events were scaled back and 2009. And the layoffs is worrysome. Not only at the properties as less of us will have to do more but also in Beverly Hills and Memphis... We are told that only 1000 or so will be moving to DC or Memphis when we close HQ in Beverly Hills. We have some great friends in those locations and they will be missed.

Finally the Blackstone involvement in the company. This is Chris Nasetta's company to run all the other players in Blackstone need to step back and let Chris run the show. He has quickly taken the time to learn and understand the culture, he is moving the culture into the direction it needs to go in, and we need less of these fly by high price executives coming in and throwing in a new direction that doesnt necessarily work

Show some respect for your operatives. We are not idiots who don't know how to run your company, we want to fulfil your vision but you need to communicate to us what that vision is. The company is scared, it is up to you as leaders to reassure we will get through the downturn and the deliver on the vision.