Hilton Worldwide

Updated April 15, 2014

3.5

Hilton Worldwide President and CEO Christopher Nassetta
Christopher Nassetta

Pros
  • if you enjoy travelling, the team member travel plan is awesome (in 22 reviews)

• Good benefits such as discount room rates and employment growth (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • There was not an appropriate work/life balance - especially for contractors (in 22 reviews)

• long hours - large events can be difficult to work with (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

34 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Challenging projects and wonderful teams - the Website / Digital Design & Delivery leadership team is phenomenal.

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Memphis, TN

Pros

I was fortunate to work with such a wonderful leadership team in the Website / Digital Design & Delivery group. I worked as a PM for a number of years and for large organizations prior to HWI so I was pleasantly surprised by how much I learned from this team and the individual leaders. It was challenging and very demanding work when we launched the next-generation websites but it was an awesome experience - very satisfying.

Cons

There was not an appropriate work/life balance - especially for contractors.

Work harder to ensure your team members are not getting burned out from working very long hours.

Hilton has taken me from an entry level employee and promoted me to a Corporate position over the last 13 years

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Memphis, TN

Pros

Ability to travel and meet new people everyday

Cons

As a woman, I get paid a little less than what I am worth

My job was in a new area for me and I felt like I was able to make a difference.

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Memphis, TN

Pros

Benefits, particularly paid leave, for new employees have been revamped and are very generous. Also Hilton encourages employees to give back to the community and has community partners that the corporation supports.

Cons

There have been a lot of organizational changes going on so, while it was interesting work, it was sometimes tumultuous. Some levels of management act as though they do not believe the changes are necessary so it is sometimes hard to determine what the focus is.

make sure corporation goals are filtered down through management ranks

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor paying job with dysfunctional organization and incompetent management

Former Employee - ECommerce Manager  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - ECommerce Manager in Memphis, TN

Pros

Hilton has some great travel benefits, if you can get them. I've stayed in downtown Chicago for $39 a night. The problem is each hotel holds 2 rooms max for employees and you have to book a year in advance.

Cons

The senior management isn't the strongest and seems to focus on outdoing each other instead of working together. Hilton Worldwide has competition between its brand teams when they should be working together with Marriott and Starwood as their competition. Looking at any recent ranking of hotel brands, either overall or by category, you quickly notice that the Hilton brands are near the bottom. This is the result of a lack of clear direction and a focus on the bottom line and not service.

Find a better leadership staff who has hospitality experience and knows how to hire and manage agencies.

Not a bad place to work but Blackstone is gutting them

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Pros

Friendly, nice facilities, not bad pay, good benefits, decent employee purchase plans

Cons

Hilton Corporate was a great place to work, but since Blackstone bought the company they have been cutting costs and corners and outsourcing.

Just because things are winding down don;t abandon the lower level employees, recognition, or incentives. They need to stay motived even more when times are hard.

Company has lost focus

Current Employee - Hotel Manager  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Hotel Manager in Memphis, TN

Pros

Strong brands and a lot of cohesion throughout the company. There is a lot of pride in the name and the hotels are very nice.

Cons

This compnay seems to have lost focus after they were bought by Blackstone. The layoffs and service cuts are distressing. Staff is not supportive. The brands linger with a lot of technology and no knowledge of how to use it.

Take more time to support your hotels. If a hotel has a problem or question there is almost no way to get an answer. the 800 help line is only for IT issues, and their seems to be virtually NO operations support, unlike other hotel brands I have worked with.

Company Info

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Pros

Great work environment, strong team members, technology is currently exceptional.

Cons

Change in culture, leadership team has extensive turnover, office move has caused new team members that do not have experience in industry.

Focus on employee development and continue to offer educational assistance to employees, foster feedback and communications with team members.

Hilton Hotels - A Company in Transition

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Pros

I had the great pleasure of working for Hilton Hotels while it was still the preeminent hotel company in the world. Many of the finest people I've known and worked with came through Hilton's corporate structure. It was a very large family, where everyone had a stake in our collective success.

Cons

Since the acquisition by Blackstone, the very structure of the company is changing. While I'm confident the company will once more be a world leader, it has not yet found it's footing. Many great people have moved on, voluntarily and otherwise, with an air of uncertainty weighing heavily upon those who remain.

Communication is key in times of transition. The manner in which news was provided to team members left an impression that senior management was making the rules on the fly. You have extremely talented employees, providing them with an active role in the transition will result in a stronger company in the end.

All hands abandon ship

Current Employee - Programmer  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Programmer in Memphis, TN

Pros

co-workers are friendly
    very little office politics at the staff level

Cons

The company has laid off a lot of people here at the IT center. There are more job cuts on the way. Very few senior management is being laid off. No promotions, no raises, poor morale, the only transfers are one-way through the exit door.

Get someone else to buy th company.

Pay us what we deserve

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative/Sales Coordinator  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Guest Service Representative/Sales Coordinator in Nashville, TN

Pros

Benefits are great and the hotel guests are the best. They are the true reason why I keep coming back to work. Besides the fact I have to work I choose hospitatility because it is in my blood

Cons

TOO much Drama at our location with management lots of backstabbing.....always asked to step out of your job description but not getting paid for it

Communicate more stop being so greedy with money that is not yours...we make guests happy up front we should be paid what we are worth

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!