Hilton Worldwide Reviews

1. Contract Director

Former Employee - Director Level in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Director Level in Memphis, TN

I worked at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Pros are the benfits and if in the right department can lead to internal promotions.

Cons

This is also depending on which department you work in. Some are a delight with fair bosses, and others are a nightmare, with bosses who are unethical in every manner possible. If you go to HR about it, you will be the one worked out.

Advice to Management

Take management courses, and try to get as much feedback as possible from your staff. Learn t work in a team environment and not be a dictator!

2. Company is in the process of growing, but is slow in making process.

Former Employee - Hotel General Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Hotel General Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

The fellow General Managers and fellow workers are great to work with. Hotels in portfolio are good hotels with Holiday Inn Express, Hampton's and Courtyards.

Cons

Leadership is non-existent at this company. Time off policy was changed a year ago to further corporate needs but did not account for long-term employees. Much decisions made at corporate level are made by few and some without hotel experience with any input from hotel management and with little time for implementation of processes.

Advice to Management

Work with hotel management to develop ideas, policies and procedures that will let company grow and become a company people strive to work for - it isn't at this time.

3. Great short term working experience with Hilton Worldwide

Former Contractor - Implementation Specialist in Memphis, TN
    Former Contractor - Implementation Specialist in Memphis, TN

I worked at Hilton Worldwide as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

#1 Pro as an Implementation Specialist is that I worked from home. The work-life balance was pretty good. Most days I worked from 8a-5p.

Cons

Cons I has to work on July 4th while everyone else on the team had the holiday off. Although, I was hourly I did not receive the 30h of overtime that I worked over a 6 month period. To be fair I was being paid through a contracting company and it was really the contracting companies responsibility to make things right with the OT pay I was owed.

5. A great company gone down the tubes

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Before Blackstone, the culture, opportunity for advancement and the overall "people" aspect were great. It used to be a fun company to work for. Now, not so much.

Cons

I worked for Hilton before Blackstone bought them. True, the company needed reorganizing but Blackstone gutted it and are still trying to rebuild it. Too many new people from outside the company changing the company and its culture.

Advice to Management

Regain the pre-Blackstone company culture of true hospitality and not one of just looking at the bottom line.

6. Good place to work!

Former Employee - Executive Chef in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Executive Chef in Nashville, TN

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and good discounts at hotels around the world! Easy to relocate and stay within the Hilton family.

Cons

The management company of my location was adequate. Not open to making changes.

7. Hilton Technology

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Relaxed work environment and friendly culture

Cons

Quick to hire and fire. Another corporate reorganization happens every two years. Dysfunctional management top to bottom. Way too lean on maintaining the current environment while rushing new projects too fast. Outsourced the existing talent pool and replaced with MBA types.

8. Challenging projects and wonderful teams - the Website / Digital Design & Delivery leadership team is phenomenal.

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at Hilton Worldwide as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was fortunate to work with such a wonderful leadership team in the Website / Digital Design & Delivery group. I worked as a PM for a number of years and for large organizations prior to HWI so I was pleasantly surprised by how much I learned from this team and the individual leaders. It was challenging and very demanding work when we launched the next-generation websites but it was an awesome experience - very satisfying.

Cons

There was not an appropriate work/life balance - especially for contractors.

Advice to Management

Work harder to ensure your team members are not getting burned out from working very long hours.

Hilton has taken me from an entry level employee and promoted me to a Corporate position over the last 13 years

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to travel and meet new people everyday

Cons

As a woman, I get paid a little less than what I am worth

10. My job was in a new area for me and I felt like I was able to make a difference.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Memphis, TN

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, particularly paid leave, for new employees have been revamped and are very generous. Also Hilton encourages employees to give back to the community and has community partners that the corporation supports.

Cons

There have been a lot of organizational changes going on so, while it was interesting work, it was sometimes tumultuous. Some levels of management act as though they do not believe the changes are necessary so it is sometimes hard to determine what the focus is.

Advice to Management

make sure corporation goals are filtered down through management ranks

Poor paying job with dysfunctional organization and incompetent management

Former Employee - ECommerce Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - ECommerce Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at Hilton Worldwide

Pros

Hilton has some great travel benefits, if you can get them. I've stayed in downtown Chicago for $39 a night. The problem is each hotel holds 2 rooms max for employees and you have to book a year in advance.

Cons

The senior management isn't the strongest and seems to focus on outdoing each other instead of working together. Hilton Worldwide has competition between its brand teams when they should be working together with Marriott and Starwood as their competition. Looking at any recent ranking of hotel brands, either overall or by category, you quickly notice that the Hilton brands are near the bottom. This is the result of a lack of clear direction and a focus on the bottom line and not service.

Advice to Management

Find a better leadership staff who has hospitality experience and knows how to hire and manage agencies.