Hilton Worldwide

Updated Jan 28, 2014

Hilton Worldwide President and CEO Christopher Nassetta

Christopher Nassetta

27 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Hilton has taken me from an entry level employee and promoted me to a Corporate position over the last 13 years

Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAbility to travel and meet new people everyday

ConsAs a woman, I get paid a little less than what I am worth

My job was in a new area for me and I felt like I was able to make a difference.

Business Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Hilton Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBenefits, particularly paid leave, for new employees have been revamped and are very generous. Also Hilton encourages employees to give back to the community and has community partners that the corporation supports.

ConsThere have been a lot of organizational changes going on so, while it was interesting work, it was sometimes tumultuous. Some levels of management act as though they do not believe the changes are necessary so it is sometimes hard to determine what the focus is.

Advice to Senior Managementmake sure corporation goals are filtered down through management ranks

Poor paying job with dysfunctional organization and incompetent management

ECommerce Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Hilton Worldwide

ProsHilton has some great travel benefits, if you can get them. I've stayed in downtown Chicago for $39 a night. The problem is each hotel holds 2 rooms max for employees and you have to book a year in advance.

ConsThe senior management isn't the strongest and seems to focus on outdoing each other instead of working together. Hilton Worldwide has competition between its brand teams when they should be working together with Marriott and Starwood as their competition. Looking at any recent ranking of hotel brands, either overall or by category, you quickly notice that the Hilton brands are near the bottom. This is the result of a lack of clear direction and a focus on the bottom line and not service.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a better leadership staff who has hospitality experience and knows how to hire and manage agencies.

Not a bad place to work but Blackstone is gutting them

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

ProsFriendly, nice facilities, not bad pay, good benefits, decent employee purchase plans

ConsHilton Corporate was a great place to work, but since Blackstone bought the company they have been cutting costs and corners and outsourcing.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because things are winding down don;t abandon the lower level employees, recognition, or incentives. They need to stay motived even more when times are hard.

Company Info

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

ProsGreat work environment, strong team members, technology is currently exceptional.

ConsChange in culture, leadership team has extensive turnover, office move has caused new team members that do not have experience in industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee development and continue to offer educational assistance to employees, foster feedback and communications with team members.

Company has lost focus

Hotel Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

ProsStrong brands and a lot of cohesion throughout the company. There is a lot of pride in the name and the hotels are very nice.

ConsThis compnay seems to have lost focus after they were bought by Blackstone. The layoffs and service cuts are distressing. Staff is not supportive. The brands linger with a lot of technology and no knowledge of how to use it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more time to support your hotels. If a hotel has a problem or question there is almost no way to get an answer. the 800 help line is only for IT issues, and their seems to be virtually NO operations support, unlike other hotel brands I have worked with.

Hilton Hotels - A Company in Transition

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hilton Worldwide

ProsI had the great pleasure of working for Hilton Hotels while it was still the preeminent hotel company in the world. Many of the finest people I've known and worked with came through Hilton's corporate structure. It was a very large family, where everyone had a stake in our collective success.

ConsSince the acquisition by Blackstone, the very structure of the company is changing. While I'm confident the company will once more be a world leader, it has not yet found it's footing. Many great people have moved on, voluntarily and otherwise, with an air of uncertainty weighing heavily upon those who remain.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key in times of transition. The manner in which news was provided to team members left an impression that senior management was making the rules on the fly. You have extremely talented employees, providing them with an active role in the transition will result in a stronger company in the end.

All hands abandon ship

Programmer (Current Employee)

Prosco-workers are friendly
very little office politics at the staff level

ConsThe company has laid off a lot of people here at the IT center. There are more job cuts on the way. Very few senior management is being laid off. No promotions, no raises, poor morale, the only transfers are one-way through the exit door.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet someone else to buy th company.

Pay us what we deserve

Guest Service Representative/Sales Coordinator (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

ProsBenefits are great and the hotel guests are the best. They are the true reason why I keep coming back to work. Besides the fact I have to work I choose hospitatility because it is in my blood

ConsTOO much Drama at our location with management lots of backstabbing.....always asked to step out of your job description but not getting paid for it

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more stop being so greedy with money that is not yours...we make guests happy up front we should be paid what we are worth

General

Executive Janitor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hilton Worldwide

ProsThe atmosphere is great! The people I work with are great. The pay is good, the benefits are ok at best, and the partys when given have the best food. I feel safe as the location is nice and there is security around the clock.

ConsThe games management plays when it comes down to our situation with the coming layoffs. They get us all together to basically say "your head might get chopped but you will not know for 30 more days". This is not fair to all the employees. Our moral is shot. Plainly shot. There was a time when people walked around laughing but now the building is quiet. It is sad when you see your own boss in fear of whats to come.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe direct and treat your employees with respect. They are the ones that keep you in your jobs.

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Hilton Worldwide Videos

Hilton Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

A World of Opportunities for You From Oahu to Ontario, Hilton Worldwide continues to grow throughout the United States and Canada. Conrad Hilton founded our company in 1919 in Cisco, Texas, and developed a lasting… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hilton Worldwide reviews and ratings in Tennessee — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hilton Worldwide CEO Christopher Nassetta. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by Hilton Worldwide employees.