Hinduja Global Solutions

Hinduja Global Solutions Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Hinduja Global Solutions CEO Partha De Sarkar

Partha De Sarkar

Pros
  • good working environment, friendly attitude (in 11 reviews)

• Good people focused on providing excellent service to their customers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Low salary for support and very slow career growth (in 8 reviews)

• compensation and benefits package is not very competitive with other companies and industries (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

It has been a great experience.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Peoria, IL

ProsI think the leadership at HGS is very good and they listen to you if there is a concern. There is plenty of room for both professional and personal growth at this company.

ConsI'd say one the biggest challenges of working for this company depends on the client you work for. Due to the hours some clients are open, it can make it hard to spend time with your family.

HGS is not a place where you want to work

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Peoria, IL

ProsGreat starting pay. FMLA and Maternity leave. Team Leaders.

ConsAttendance policy. Coworkers. Cleanliness. Real time is constantly coding attendance information incorrectly

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the 32 hour attendance policy and maybe you wouldn't have such a high turn over rate. Also, advise the cleaning staff to actually clean the floors of the call center so there would not be ants crawling on people's desks.

It isn't for everyone. You either like it or you don't.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Peoria, IL

ProsVery comfortable with pleasant surroundings. Doesn't look like the typical office environment.

ConsBorderline between high stress from the incredible call volume and sheer boredom when there are no calls at all during slow times during the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlleviate worker burnout by having more flexibility in shift assignments.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't know what they want to be when they grow up.

Director (Former Employee)

ProsGlobal company with a lot of locations.

ConsConstantly changing management, commodity services, management changes direction and focus constantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what kind of company you want to be and go do it. Quick changing direction everytime the wind blows.

Growing Comany

BDM (Current Employee) Warrenville, IL

ProsHGS is a growing company with alt of opportunity for the right person.

ConsThere has been changes since my time at HGS. There were a lot of promise that were not kept. Also, you could find yourself taking on projects that may fit higher salaried employees. Also the office politic game was in full effect. I would probably still be there if the promises and other things I was told were fulfilled. As for salary I was making below industry standard even though I felt my contribution was above expected. As mentioned, have been told things have changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't promise someone things that can't be met. Also, I feel individuals should be rewarded based on the work they do and not be held back because of low expectations from a position. I was told I was the top performer in my role and I would be paid more than other reps. Only to find out at the time new hires for the same role were being paid almost 10,000 more based on me and another employee's work. That is not right.

Good entry level opportunity.......

Technical Help Desk (Current Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsA great place for young adults. The employer is clear on what they want and are focused on mission goal. Mandatory training for new hires.

ConsCustomer service quality can suffer by strict adherence to call handle time. Employee time keeping system seemed heavy handed, almost like a big brother scenario or like being babysitted.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen coaching or reprimanding on a first incident try not to include your supervisor and a manager in training in on the discussion. A situation such as this can appear to be intimidating and can escalate a minor issue.

Former employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent salary. Some longtime employees try to make it fun.

ConsGoing downhill. Senior management needs to treat employees with more respect.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees more praise, better benefits.

Terrible management structure/communication

Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe people you work with as well as your teams in the field are the best part of the job.

ConsLack of communication, minimal pay for added responsibility, no room for promotions, terrible training routines, terrible office morale, management acts like you have no real worth.

Faced pace company looking to grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people focused on providing excellent service to their customers. Opportunities for advancement as the company is looking to expand its global footprint. Flexible schedules in some departments.

ConsLow salary for support and slow career growth. Always a fear of moving operations offshore to save on budget costs. Company has annual salary increase which is mainly based on personal performance, but generally does not pace with cost of living increases.

Decent

Technical Support (Former Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsEasy job. Not very difficult to get.

ConsScheduling is really bad. Anyone new will almost 100% working on both weekends. They will work with your school schedule but very little, to be more exact they will work with you for one day. It's really cold in the building as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible on schedules.

Worked for Hinduja Global Solutions? Contribute to the Community!