Hinduja Global Solutions Reviews

Updated August 25, 2014

2.9

Hinduja Global Solutions CEO Partha De Sarkar
Partha De Sarkar

Pros
  • good working environment, friendly attitude (in 11 reviews)

• Good people focused on providing excellent service to their customers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Low salary for support and very slow career growth (in 8 reviews)

• compensation and benefits package is not very competitive with other companies and industries (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Great opportunities, but not for everyone

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Peoria, IL

I worked at Hinduja Global Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent health insurance and opportunities for growth are here. If you put forth the effort into your job, you can move up quickly. I was in many different positions here including CSR, Real Time, and Team Leader.

Cons

Extremely strict attendance and scheduling policy. If your car breaks down or you encounter a really difficult family situation you might as well look for another job. Also depending on the client you work for, expect to be belittled all the time by the client and upper management. There is no such thing as positive feedback here.

Upper management really needs to work on their people skills.

HGS is not a place where you want to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Hinduja Global Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great starting pay. FMLA and Maternity leave. Team Leaders.

Cons

Attendance policy. Coworkers. Cleanliness. Real time is constantly coding attendance information incorrectly

Change the 32 hour attendance policy and maybe you wouldn't have such a high turn over rate. Also, advise the cleaning staff to actually clean the floors of the call center so there would not be ants crawling on people's desks.

It has been a great experience.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Hinduja Global Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I think the leadership at HGS is very good and they listen to you if there is a concern. There is plenty of room for both professional and personal growth at this company.

Cons

I'd say one the biggest challenges of working for this company depends on the client you work for. Due to the hours some clients are open, it can make it hard to spend time with your family.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It isn't for everyone. You either like it or you don't.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Peoria, IL

I worked at Hinduja Global Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very comfortable with pleasant surroundings. Doesn't look like the typical office environment.

Cons

Borderline between high stress from the incredible call volume and sheer boredom when there are no calls at all during slow times during the year.

Alleviate worker burnout by having more flexibility in shift assignments.

Don't know what they want to be when they grow up.

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Hinduja Global Solutions full-time

Pros

Global company with a lot of locations.

Cons

Constantly changing management, commodity services, management changes direction and focus constantly.

Figure out what kind of company you want to be and go do it. Quick changing direction everytime the wind blows.

Growing Comany

Current Employee - BDM  in  Warrenville, IL
    Current Employee - BDM in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at Hinduja Global Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

HGS is a growing company with alt of opportunity for the right person.

Cons

There has been changes since my time at HGS. There were a lot of promise that were not kept. Also, you could find yourself taking on projects that may fit higher salaried employees. Also the office politic game was in full effect. I would probably still be there if the promises and other things I was told were fulfilled. As for salary I was making below industry standard even though I felt my contribution was above expected. As mentioned, have been told things have changed.

Don't promise someone things that can't be met. Also, I feel individuals should be rewarded based on the work they do and not be held back because of low expectations from a position. I was told I was the top performer in my role and I would be paid more than other reps. Only to find out at the time new hires for the same role were being paid almost 10,000 more based on me and another employee's work. That is not right.

Good entry level opportunity.......

Current Employee - Technical Help Desk  in  El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Help Desk in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Hinduja Global Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great place for young adults. The employer is clear on what they want and are focused on mission goal. Mandatory training for new hires.

Cons

Customer service quality can suffer by strict adherence to call handle time. Employee time keeping system seemed heavy handed, almost like a big brother scenario or like being babysitted.

When coaching or reprimanding on a first incident try not to include your supervisor and a manager in training in on the discussion. A situation such as this can appear to be intimidating and can escalate a minor issue.

Former employee

I worked at Hinduja Global Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent salary. Some longtime employees try to make it fun.

Cons

Going downhill. Senior management needs to treat employees with more respect.

Give employees more praise, better benefits.

Terrible management structure/communication

Former Employee - Sales Support Specialist  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Hinduja Global Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people you work with as well as your teams in the field are the best part of the job.

Cons

Lack of communication, minimal pay for added responsibility, no room for promotions, terrible training routines, terrible office morale, management acts like you have no real worth.

Faced pace company looking to grow

I worked at Hinduja Global Solutions

Pros

Good people focused on providing excellent service to their customers. Opportunities for advancement as the company is looking to expand its global footprint. Flexible schedules in some departments.

Cons

Low salary for support and slow career growth. Always a fear of moving operations offshore to save on budget costs. Company has annual salary increase which is mainly based on personal performance, but generally does not pace with cost of living increases.

Worked for Hinduja Global Solutions? Contribute to the Community!