Hindustan Unilever

www.hul.co.in

Hindustan Unilever Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Hindustan Unilever – India – “Shop Floor”

Hindustan Unilever – India – “Shop Floor”

Hindustan Unilever CEO and Managing Director Sanjiv Mehta

Sanjiv Mehta

Pros
  • competitive salary with good work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Good work culture, Reputation of the Company, Helpful and Potential growth aspects are good (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Aggressive work nature may take a toll on the work life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Career growth slow for people in specialist roles (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

HUL

Manager (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGreat company to work with

Consnothing very much else to be done

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

Good company to learn about supply chain

ProsGood opportunities for career advancement and personal development

ConsPoor management , most managers are fluff and do not have any substance. Therefore decision making is not data based and results in poor outcomes.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to organization more instead of making decisions without buy in.

Review of Research Center: Huge brand, Beautiful campus, safe job, not much importance given to research fellas

Research Executive (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsIt's a respectable brand. The premises of the research center are beautiful and refreshing. The work is very consumer-centric, so you get to understand consumer trends, market mentality, etc. The pay is pretty good compared to most other similar companies (except for the other big brands). Very good company for those who want a slow steady 9-5 job without a lot of pressure. They even provide a bit of flexibility w.r.t. timings for working mothers/fathers.

ConsExtremely hierarchical culture, very formal and often frustrating because of the red tape. Growth is very slow. The work gets boring after some time because of the slow pace. Not many career opportunities will be available after you work here, because the work is very specialised. The place being a laboratory, the timings are more or less fixed, which can be vexing at times.
    Over time you realise that the researchers are paid quite less and given hardly any importance when compared with similarly qualified people from business related operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the hierarchical behaviour, if not the hierarchy itself. The place should be run like a corporate, not a university with professors in the lead, students in tow.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

hindustan unilever limited employee review

IT Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosinitial salary offering is good, no fixed timings, good leave policy

Consno personal growth, no growth to senior position

Advice to Senior Managementtry to retain talented and young talent

Good place

Manager - Engineering (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosgood place, goo work env

Conscant think of any im new

Advice to Senior Managementmore benefits

Team Lead HR.

Team Lead (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

Pros1. Amazing salaries!! Changed my market value completely.
    2. Extremely meritocratic- work results are given more weightage than age, gender, connections to top mgt. Performance = reward.
    3. Work life balance through policies like work from home, children's day care, agile working in office. 6 MONTHS PAID MATERNITY LEAVE!
    4. Frequent rotations and role expansions so you keep learning.
    5. Unlimited medical leave with 100% coverage of all expenses.

Cons1. Simplify some internal systems and processes Eg. Reimbursement claims system is annoying.
    2. We do so many socially meaningful projects. Showcase & give employees a chance to help in it more frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct upon the "Cons" part - simplify online systems and simplify our way on involvement in socially meaningful work. Our company does so much for society I feel proud but am confused about how I can get involved personally.

good company to perform and grow || good company ||

Senior Executive (Current Employee) Gāndhīdhām (India)

Proscompetitive salary with good work life balance

Consno comments no comments no idea

Advice to Senior Managementno comments no advice no

SAP MM consultant from IBM handling Inventory Management and Country India Version

SAP MM Consultant From IBM (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsProcess oriented Company. For each support activity are organised and delivered on Window basis.

ConsSo many vendors working for HUL. So integration between modules are very difficult.

Great Place to Work and realiize your potential !

Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsIndependence to work, Respect, Striving environment, Integrity, Good CTC

ConsFocusing on Gender Balance is happening while compromising on Meritocracy in some cases
    Promotion is tough at higher level
    Too Discrimination among Managers & executives as well as between MBA & NON MBA Managers

Advice to Senior ManagementRefer the Cons !

A great learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHighly systematic- The company is not person dependent rather it is highly process dependent.

ConsHigh discrimination between IIT / IIM vs Non IIT / IIM. If you are not from IIT / IIM don't think of spending more than 2-3 yrs there.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink beyond IIT & IIM's, some of these people are really genius.

Worked for Hindustan Unilever? Contribute to the Community!