Hines Interests Limited Partnership

Jeff Hines

Great company

Current Employee - Building Engineer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Building Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hines Interests Limited Partnership full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, and the company seems like they care about the little guy.

Cons

The tenants of the buildings... Some times you want to tell them they need to talk to each other more. Bc a lot of the house calls we get is one person likes it colder than the person next to them.

Office politics trumps productive work

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Hines Interests Limited Partnership full-time for less than a year

Pros

Perks can be nice (free access to fitness website, free coffee, giveaways, company events and volunteering), free CPR training and other trainings (not necessarily job skills related).

Cons

Office politics can lead to a potentially toxic environment (also depends on your luck with who your supervisor is), company doesn't really allow for much flexibility (working remotely only for those who have been there a long time, no real advancement once you stay in a position), code of conduct is more strict than other companies

Be more clear on objectives and what is expected from you in your job.

Advice to anyone wanting to work there: if you don't mind a soul-crushing job where you'll be treated as a corporate slave, this is the job for you. After a while, I knew I had to move on since I wasn't a good fit. In spite of my good feedback from my work, my direct supervisor in particular made it impossible to remain there.

A lot of corporate politics that limit growth and advancement.

Former Employee - Staff Accountant I  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant I in Houston, TX

I worked at Hines Interests Limited Partnership full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very professional company. Perfection is learned here along with excellent work habits. Regular training, outings, and morale building. A vast portfolio of properties and areas of which to advance.

Cons

Advancement opportunities are limited for those without a degree. Favoritism is given to those that fit the status mold, regardless of work ability and track record. Salary is low for lower positions, even for those with long tenure.

Rather than looking at degrees, take more notice in the staff accountant I and II who are doing a II or III level of work. Those with a proven track record and adequate experience are certainly qualified for advancement.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hines 101

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great Work/Life Balance, Great Benefits, Industry average base Compensation.

Cons

Communication with Management, career development is very slow, career growth is minimal.

Be more available.

We are not trying to be the largest company, only the best.

Current Employee - Building Engineer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Building Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hines Interests Limited Partnership full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quality dominates the culture at Hines, well organized and structured, yet there are plenty of opportunities and incentives for innovation. The stress level is unbelievably low as management really strives to remove obstacles to progress. I am encouraged to network and to learn as much as possible about the industry. You could not find a better company to work for.

Cons

Working in a recovering real estate market is challenging and building owners sometimes cancel project which make sense from an operational view point, this is extremely frustrating. Hours can be long when acquiring new project.

implement a meaningful corroborative employee review process.

Learn From the Best

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hines Interests Limited Partnership full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The have great talent working here, you learn from the best.

Cons

Compensation, and the ability to advance

Summer Internship

Former Employee - Summer Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Hines Interests Limited Partnership as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Nice, Smart People.
    Great Projects.
    Dynamic Company with Exciting new prospects.

Cons

Siloed Organization.
    Pretty Ad-hoc in their decision making process (makes them nimble, but difficult for workers)

No Advice. Keep doing what you're doing.

Professionalism, fantastic projects, great values

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Hines Interests Limited Partnership full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's a company with great values. Very professional - everything is perfect to the smallest details. They develop fantastic projects in great locations and exceptional for their market. You can be pround of working for this company.

Cons

Inside communication was somethimes a challenge but I guess all companies have similar problem. If the promotion path could be more clear it would be motivating.

Take it easy sometimes. Laugh, smile, relax. Also give your people more freedom and exhibit more trust in their professionalism and knowledge. Find the ways of promoting and appreciating your good employers so that they didn't have to leave because they don't see any more opportunity for growth.

Highly professional

Former Employee - Senior Construction Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Construction Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Hines Interests Limited Partnership full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Corporate culture and quality of personnel is quite good. They care about finding high caliber staff and have a strong commitment to keeping employees engaged and ensuring high levels of productivity by treating them fairly and with respect. This approach is generally successful at all levels and across all business functions. Good bonus structure and approach to annual performance reviews.

Cons

Annual salary is average but the excellent corporate culture helps offsets this aspect. Career growth is mixed across business functions.

Good to see that the job titles have been adjusted to suit current market expectations.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Project Accountant
    Former Employee - Project Accountant

I worked at Hines Interests Limited Partnership full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fully engaged management; employee empowerment; on the job training; supported training and development for professional designations

Cons

Not all Property Managers are created equal.

Listen to your troops with their boots on the ground. Property managers aren't always truthful concerning the situation and the costs.

Hines Interests Limited Partnership Photos

Office Space

+ Add Photo

Worked for Hines Interests Limited Partnership? Contribute to the Community!