www.hipcricket.com

Updated February 19, 2015
Updated February 19, 2015
2.5

Todd Wilson

Mobile marketing and media tech company

I have been working at Hipcricket full-time

Pros

Great team of people to work with. As a sales person you have autonomy to run your schedule your way.

Cons

Lot's of layoffs recently and company is looking to cut expenses everywhere.

Learned a lot

I worked at Hipcricket

Pros

Lots of opportunity, interesting company some of the people were fantastic to work with.

Cons

High stress, low salary. Expected performance far above pay grade. Senior leadership was a mess, with few exceptions.

Not much longer

I worked at Hipcricket

Pros

They people, not management are the only pro left! They stick together to make it thru til the end which is close.

Cons

Management lacks all moral ethics! They are looking out for themselves, and could care less about the carnage they leave behind!

Turn out the lights, the party's over

I worked at Hipcricket full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are still receiving paychecks and medical benefits. That is about the only positive at this point. There are also some remnants of a once thriving culture.

Cons

The executive leadership team has proven time and time again that they care about one thing – and that is themselves. They have made absolutely no impact on the business after they back-doored the CEO and CFO in June. After they left, it turned in to a 'good ole boys' environment where only those who coddle the President/COO get ahead. The leadership team across the board is very short sighted and are only concerned with getting a payout.

Employees have been leaving in droves with not even a single communication from leadership. In general, there is a complete lack of respect for employees, demoralizing them at every turn. It's unfortunate that they have developed a culture of gossiping, tracking employees emails and throwing people under the bus. What a difference a year makes.

If you ever find yourself in leadership roles again I would recommend you respect your employees, communicate honestly, and reward those who deserve to be rewarded.

Hipcricket

I have been working at Hipcricket

Pros

You get to work with top tier clients.

Cons

There is a lack of long-term vision & lots of turnover.

Fun atmosphere but business seems very unstable and not a lot of job security.

I worked at Hipcricket

Pros

Fun work environment, people are pretty cool

Cons

Pretty thankless work, especially towards smaller departments. They advertise a great work-life balance, however that's only applicable for large departments, smaller departments get inundated with tons of work and are blamed when other departments drop the ball.

Realize how much talent you have under your nose - put more value on loyal employees or there will be no motivation for employees to stick with the company. Have more open communication - it's a public company, but feels like management is more secretive with the Hipcricket employees than the general public.

Ship is going down

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Hipcricket full-time

Pros

Good technology but it's becoming obsolete.

Cons

People there have inflated salaries. Bad attitudes and it's a very unorganized place with no work ethics. People are not being held accountable and clients are being lied to. Very poor morale and can't think of anyone I respect. They shoot from the hip and it's all done on the fly.

Roll up your sleeves and hit the ground, instead of making rules from your offices.

Great work environment, good people

I worked at Hipcricket

Pros

Great work environment, good people. Lots of opportunity internally to learn different areas of the business and employees opinions count

Cons

There arent any major management issues (not to say that place was perfect), but I would have like to have seen a better 401K and some consistency with the health care. It seemed to change year over year.

This is a fast paced industry and when hiring, this should be explained in detail. In addition, I would suggest that everyone spends some time working on different clients to level the knowledge base.

Great working environment, team members are friendly, and there is a positive attitude all around.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Hipcricket full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1) Managers promote working as a team, everyone has each other's backs.
    2) Great benefits and PTO
    3) Co workers are friendly and helpful
    4) Office environment is not stuffy or depressing
    5) Amazing view of Lake Washington

Cons

1) Not all national holidays are observed as a paid day off
    2) Commute from Seattle can be tedious

Hot industry, hot company, awesome people!

Current Employee - Lead/Manager in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Lead/Manager in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Hipcricket full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Top 3 reasons to work at hipcricket are people, people, people! I have the pleasure of working with some of the smartest people I've ever work and who truly know the mobile industry!
    It also helps that we have great technology, strive for excellence with our clients and maintain a great attitude.

Cons

No downsides really.
    We're tasked with defining the best way to keep growing; And the challenge of organizing our teams and creating process that makes sense and reduces inefficiencies towards our goals.

Continue to optimize processes, reduce inefficiencies and foster health growth in our sales and business executions.

Hipcricket Photos