HireRight Reviews

2.9

Michael A. (Mike) Petrullo

Good Company

I have been working at HireRight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Local Management is good. They care about their employees. Employees are very friendly

Cons

Senior Leadership doesn't know what workers are doing. They need to actually work with employees to see what they actually do.

corporate minion

I worked at HireRight full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have a job and got paid

Cons

There are no cons in this company

none

Great Compnay, Wish I could have stayed their longer

Former Employee - Verifications Researcher
    Former Employee - Verifications Researcher

I worked at HireRight full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really liked the job and the management. They provided a severance package during layoffs. Companies usually don't do this. That was very much appreciated.

Cons

Poor strategic planning. I was laid off one year after being hired. If the company knew the center was closing and they were going to lay off tons of people don't waste someones time by hiring them on.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience

I worked at HireRight as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great people, environment and values

Cons

Difficult competitive landscape in the industry

Good job!

Good, but frustrating

I worked at HireRight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Entrepreneurial culture, competitive compensation, most managers are flexible, some hardworking employees, innovative technology, impressive client list

Cons

Lack of accountability - when issues happen leadership/management/employees are not held accountable/terminated
    Benefits continue to deteriorate
    Sister business units are failing, which is dragging down the HireRight business
    Resources are limited
    Management / internal business have a lack of understanding of customer requirements, needs and focus
    Ongoing bad news delivered to customers, most of which can be avoided – technical bugs, human errors, system failures, billing issues, etc
    Employees are suffering due to lack of resources
    Low employee morale
    Lots of corner cutting. EBITA is king and if you can’t make revenue then you have to cut costs: raises, promotions, 401ks, routine maintenance on production products, etc
    Most employees are looking for another job

No comment...you won't listen.

Great Entry Level Opportunities, Growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at HireRight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great entry-level opportunities for folks of all educational backgrounds. Supportive management staff. Allows you to prove yourself. Nice office environment. Solid overall work-life balance. Supportive management.

Cons

Many of the non-tech entry-level positions are customer service roles which might be a turnoff to those that prefer non call-center type roles.

Ok company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at HireRight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great people
    great environment
    trains new employees very well

Cons

pay is crappy compared to competitors

If you want to keep current employees, please give better salary amount, pay them what they deserve based on experiences

Poor departmental leadership

Former Employee - Assistant Project Coordinator  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Project Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I worked at HireRight as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed office dress code for the entire company.

Cons

Poor leadership and structure within the account implementation department. No SOP or training guides were ever made and employees were expected to retain information from training with no point of reference once being released to the floor to work.

Create an SOP and training guide for all employees. Even seasoned employees needed constant reminders of policies and procedures within the department, but none were available.

Happier since I left

I worked at HireRight full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

In many of the professional-level positions, you're empowered to do your job and if you're lucky, you get resources to do it. I was never treated like a child, and had a lot of flexibility in my position and how I got things done. Output and performance are the key metrics. Most of the employees are smart and dedicated and there are some pretty amazing people still there.

Cons

There is lots of uncertainty given the relationship to Altegrity/USIS and its dissolution. Additionally, there is very little integration among the various locations and lots of disparity in their individual cultures and how they're run (Irvine is very different than Tulsa which is very different than Nashville). HireRight also has a terrible habit of promoting from within, which means people get put in positions they're obviously not ready for. There has been a ton of attrition in the last 18 months, much of it in key positions. Not surprising, since there's little focus on employee retention (with things like adequate compensation) and engagement.

Increase focus on employee engagement and standardizing culture across offices. There should be one HireRight, not multiple experiences depending on which office you work in. Reward and recognize star performers and loyal employees.

"Rebuilding" continues...

Current Employee - Sales  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at HireRight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of great customers and the company's reputation remains strong (at least for now). Many of the people are really nice as well.

Cons

In professional sports, when a formerly great team loses or gets rid of all of its franchise players, it is in "rebuilding" mode. That appears to be the strategy of our CEO. In the last year or so, the company has seen a shocking loss of talent. Key positions who have left include the CFO, CTO, CMO, SVP Sales, Director Sales, Director Professional Services, Director Product, Director Finance, Director Marketing, Director Account Management, and the list goes on... Trust me, these departures haven't made us stronger. At the same time, one our key competitors, First Advantage, has decided to spend big to grow and this is coming at HireRight's expense -- in people and customers. I know many of my co-workers are hoping for a call from FA for a job. It's better to be on the winning team than the rebuilding team.

Are you really trying to become a 2-14 team? It's so sad to be part of this, especially when some of us remember what it's like to win. You need to start at the top and get rid of the lame "C" level leader who has single handedly wrecked the company, and I'm not talking about the CEO. Then, you need to turn this thing around quickly before you follow the path of Choicepoint and become a historical note.

Worked for HireRight? Contribute to the Community!