HireVue

HireVue CEO Mark Newman
Mark Newman

Awesomesauce

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership that listens at every level--if that truly happens, I believe all other issues can be worked out.

Cons

Performance-driven culture is not for everyone.

Great place to work

I worked at HireVue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are fantastic. Flexible schedules. Working with some of the smartest people in the industry, plus everyone is friendly and hard working but know how to have fun as well. Culture is great for training ans building relationships as well as conducive to hard work and becoming the best you can be. Company is very open about where it's going, where it is and what needs to be done to get where they want to go.

Cons

They are growing very fast and have growing pains. The company is learning as they go. sometimes they come along situations they are not familiar with and take a long time to come to a decision.

This place rocks!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time

Pros

I enjoy virtually everyone that I work with. The work is challenging and rewarding with each individual able to make significant impact. The level of expectations is reasonable but challenging enough to make you rise to the occasion and improve. I am excited to go to work and I return home happy and engaged in life, without undue pressure.

Cons

Honestly it is working with such smart people. It is sometimes intimidating and makes me want to double check facts before I say anything and work hard to improve my skills since I want to perform on the same level as my peers. This is overall beneficial but I think it takes a while for a more timid person like me to contribute as fully as possible due to intimidation.

Keep doing what you are doing and preserve the culture of everyone pitching in and personal accountability. It is refreshing when something goes wrong to have everyone work together to make sure it gets fixed right.

Phenomenal opportunity for product and engineering

Former Employee - User Experience Designer in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - User Experience Designer in South Jordan, UT

I worked at HireVue full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Although a lot of the culture can be "salesly" since more than half the company is sales, I thoroughly enjoyed working with the Product and Engineering groups. Everyone is talented and fun to work with.

Salaries are on the top end of Utah companies.

Plenty of challenges in the type of work.

They don't work you to death and appreciate that you have a life/family outside of work.

More perks than I care to remember or write here.

Cons

Personally, enterprise software is not for me. I left for a startup. But if you don't mind building enterprise software for large brands, there isn't really anything else that should stop you from applying here.

There were times I felt the leadership culture tended to want you to prove all your ideas in a way that made me feel that I was not necessarily trusted. However, I did feel I was able to work through these issues. Management, including the executive team, definitely listens and appreciates feedback.

Trust those you employ. Pick your battles. Hire the right talent and then trust them. Don't question what they do strategically unless you have strong reasons.

Solid company with a big future

I have been working at HireVue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic people, cool culture, awesome cause, huge upside.

Cons

It's fast-paced and that might not be for everyone (i love it).

Keep it up.

Strong team and strong prooduct

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fast growing company with a lot of smart people doing some amazing things. People are given the opportunity to do their best work. Company is is growth mode so there is always something new and different to work on.

Cons

Free snacks lead to the HireVue 10, but there is a gym nearby and a wellness plan :)

Don't pass on the "Vue"

I have been working at HireVue full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growth potential is certainly available for those that seek it or want it, especially with the rate at which we are growing as a company.

Top down culture - we practice what we preach. CEO sets the tone - lives and breathes our core values which rolls downhill. People matter, integrity, accountability, passion, ownership and leadership!

Benefits - Work life balance, competitive salary, excellent benefits, lots of perks, free snacks, gym reimbursement, BBQ's etc.

Leadership - The leadership team empowers the employees to take risks and think outside the box. Alignment on vision, strategy - doesn't mean management always agrees, but with exceptional talent, mutual respect, innovation and collaboration - they ultimately lead us toward the best decisions for the customers, company and staff.

Cons

Tremendous growth since I started but change management can be challenging and communication between departments can improve (and is improving!), especially as we continue to grow.

Keep communicating and bridging the gaps that are present at times with information for remote employees. Be transparent, stay ethical and keep hiring incredibly talented people without egos.

This is a great company that is growing quickly and with rapid growth are the typical growing pains.
    Never-the-less, the leadership team is doing an amazing job.

It might be time to think about an east coast office say somewhere like AL or FL. :)

What a fantastic place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There isn't enough good to say about the company. I love everyone that I work with. The company is full of the most skilled people I've ever met, and they're all really friendly. The benefits are great, and the management does their best to know everyone by name. The culture is second to none.

Cons

While the culture is absolutely amazing, sometimes there is a disconnect between "get it done" and keeping the culture of a small company. Usually this isn't the case, but it happens every so often.

Stable startup with an exciting future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the best talent I've had the opportunity to work with. Interesting projects. The founder/CEO is extremely involved and will do anything to make the company succeed. Unlimited PTO. Very competitive salary. The company is definitely going places.

Cons

It seems taboo to work from home if you're located at HQ, unless you're in sales. This could be because the culture of the company is so important to Mark.

Maintain the culture you've worked so hard to build. Continue expanding the product.

Best place to work in Utah

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome, exciting, free food, great team, A players, awesome technology, great outlook. I love working from home on Thursdays. This company has a lot of potential for sure, I feel like my work is valued, I am the potential to make a big impact, and I am really impressed with the standard of my coworkers, top players.

Cons

I've gained some weight since the food is so awesome.

Keep the startup feel going