HireVue

Updated December 22, 2014
4.6

HireVue CEO Mark Newman
Mark Newman

Innovating company growing very quickly

I have been working at HireVue full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Great people who are passionate about doing great work
    - Very talented engineering team
    - Building a product that is very innovative and changing the world. Very interesting problems to solve.
    - Very helpful and supportive culture and committed to helping customers succeed

Cons

- Company has grown really quickly so there are growing pains as teams and departments scale up and still maintain the culture
    - Not everyone can hack it. It is still a startup and the standards are high.

- Continue to value the people who helped build the company
    - Make sure everyone in the company knows about our successes and where we are headed

Decent, but not long term

Current Employee - Software Engineer in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A lot of very smart and motivated people.

Cons

Very sales driven culture. Sales reps will make promises to customers without consulting product / engineering to determine what is possible in what timeframe. Push for feature development without thought for technical debt.

HireVue Response

Jan 5, 2015Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. With great successes it is sometimes a challenge to balance business objectives and product delivery without going into to much technical debt. We are excited for this year ... More

Great place to work

I worked at HireVue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are fantastic. Flexible schedules. Working with some of the smartest people in the industry, plus everyone is friendly and hard working but know how to have fun as well. Culture is great for training ans building relationships as well as conducive to hard work and becoming the best you can be. Company is very open about where it's going, where it is and what needs to be done to get where they want to go.

Cons

They are growing very fast and have growing pains. The company is learning as they go. sometimes they come along situations they are not familiar with and take a long time to come to a decision.

Awesomesauce

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership that listens at every level--if that truly happens, I believe all other issues can be worked out.

Cons

Performance-driven culture is not for everyone.

This place rocks!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time

Pros

I enjoy virtually everyone that I work with. The work is challenging and rewarding with each individual able to make significant impact. The level of expectations is reasonable but challenging enough to make you rise to the occasion and improve. I am excited to go to work and I return home happy and engaged in life, without undue pressure.

Cons

Honestly it is working with such smart people. It is sometimes intimidating and makes me want to double check facts before I say anything and work hard to improve my skills since I want to perform on the same level as my peers. This is overall beneficial but I think it takes a while for a more timid person like me to contribute as fully as possible due to intimidation.

Keep doing what you are doing and preserve the culture of everyone pitching in and personal accountability. It is refreshing when something goes wrong to have everyone work together to make sure it gets fixed right.

Phenomenal opportunity for product and engineering

Former Employee - User Experience Designer in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - User Experience Designer in South Jordan, UT

I worked at HireVue full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Although a lot of the culture can be "salesly" since more than half the company is sales, I thoroughly enjoyed working with the Product and Engineering groups. Everyone is talented and fun to work with.

Salaries are on the top end of Utah companies.

Plenty of challenges in the type of work.

They don't work you to death and appreciate that you have a life/family outside of work.

More perks than I care to remember or write here.

Cons

Personally, enterprise software is not for me. I left for a startup. But if you don't mind building enterprise software for large brands, there isn't really anything else that should stop you from applying here.

There were times I felt the leadership culture tended to want you to prove all your ideas in a way that made me feel that I was not necessarily trusted. However, I did feel I was able to work through these issues. Management, including the executive team, definitely listens and appreciates feedback.

Trust those you employ. Pick your battles. Hire the right talent and then trust them. Don't question what they do strategically unless you have strong reasons.

Solid company with a big future

I have been working at HireVue full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic people, cool culture, awesome cause, huge upside.

Cons

It's fast-paced and that might not be for everyone (i love it).

Keep it up.

Strong team and strong prooduct

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fast growing company with a lot of smart people doing some amazing things. People are given the opportunity to do their best work. Company is is growth mode so there is always something new and different to work on.

Cons

Free snacks lead to the HireVue 10, but there is a gym nearby and a wellness plan :)

Don't pass on the "Vue"

I have been working at HireVue full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Growth potential is certainly available for those that seek it or want it, especially with the rate at which we are growing as a company.

Top down culture - we practice what we preach. CEO sets the tone - lives and breathes our core values which rolls downhill. People matter, integrity, accountability, passion, ownership and leadership!

Benefits - Work life balance, competitive salary, excellent benefits, lots of perks, free snacks, gym reimbursement, BBQ's etc.

Leadership - The leadership team empowers the employees to take risks and think outside the box. Alignment on vision, strategy - doesn't mean management always agrees, but with exceptional talent, mutual respect, innovation and collaboration - they ultimately lead us toward the best decisions for the customers, company and staff.

Cons

Tremendous growth since I started but change management can be challenging and communication between departments can improve (and is improving!), especially as we continue to grow.

Keep communicating and bridging the gaps that are present at times with information for remote employees. Be transparent, stay ethical and keep hiring incredibly talented people without egos.

This is a great company that is growing quickly and with rapid growth are the typical growing pains.
    Never-the-less, the leadership team is doing an amazing job.

It might be time to think about an east coast office say somewhere like AL or FL. :)

What a fantastic place

I have been working at HireVue full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There isn't enough good to say about the company. I love everyone that I work with. The company is full of the most skilled people I've ever met, and they're all really friendly. The benefits are great, and the management does their best to know everyone by name. The culture is second to none.

Cons

While the culture is absolutely amazing, sometimes there is a disconnect between "get it done" and keeping the culture of a small company. Usually this isn't the case, but it happens every so often.