Hirschbach Motor Lines

Updated August 25, 2014
Updated August 25, 2014

2.6

Brad Pinchuk

Overall a solid trucking company to work for and good people to work with.

I have been working at Hirschbach Motor Lines full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot of growth potential within the base of operations and are always looking for good drivers. Great people to work with.

Cons

You're going to have to work some long hours and the training program could be improved a little.

OTR Truck Driver

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver  in  East Dubuque, IL
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in East Dubuque, IL

I worked at Hirschbach Motor Lines full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved working here. Best company I had ever been with. They paid good and always got me home on time. They usually kept me running steady. My tractor was excellent never did I have any problems with it. Trailers were in good condition, also. This company takes care of their stuff. Office employees were great, too. Caring. I never had to wait very long to speak to my dispatcher, breakdown, HR, whoever I needed. They were always on top of things. It was a real joy to work for Hirschbach. They even made sure I got a rental car to get home when I took maternity leave. I couldn't get one so they got it for me. I quit only because there was not a dedicated route in my living area. If I were to go back to OTR I would definitely go back to Hirschbach.

Cons

Sometimes I did sit without a load. But you'll have that- its truckin. Some places took a long time to get loaded/unloaded, but again, thats truckin.

a real good fast pace company to work for

Former Employee - Lease Driver  in  South Sioux City, NE
    Former Employee - Lease Driver in South Sioux City, NE

I worked at Hirschbach Motor Lines full-time for less than a year

Pros

good equipment always have frieght

Cons

no downsides i could see at all

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

lease driver

Current Employee - Current Lease Driver Not for Long Unless There IS Changesa Madesoon  in  East Dubuque, IL
    Current Employee - Current Lease Driver Not for Long Unless There IS Changesa Madesoon in East Dubuque, IL

I have been working at Hirschbach Motor Lines full-time for less than a year

Pros

there are none they make ther money off of the drivers back they lie to get u in the truck payin there 3400 amonth plan that u pay forthem from ur labor of driving an u get taxed for it an they get the benefit of haven another truck paid for for free and make more off the load

Cons

cons that's all they are are connartest

pay close attention to how payroll is handelling ur drivers money that they screw them out of or try to load planers don't pay attention to howmany hours a driver has to make the load on time that's why there are so many relaysthe dms are gulty of it as well so unperfessonal /an unorganized brad u need to get more involved on the planner an dm floor when I was hired u Brad told me anytime I needed to talkt to u or if we had a problem ur door was open wellif u have a problem an want to talk to u no one in the hol intier place will give u ur number every body hides so much crap from u its not funny or mabe u do no these are just a few of the reasons u loose somane good an longtime with the company an lease drivers

stay clear away from these people

Former Employee - Transportation Relocation Specialist  in  East Dubuque, IL
    Former Employee - Transportation Relocation Specialist in East Dubuque, IL

I worked at Hirschbach Motor Lines full-time for less than a year

Pros

the people of dubuque, ia are a nice bunch of people,and the hotel in dubuque, ia the days inn is a decent place to stay while i are getting their training departments B.S.

Cons

they tell way too many lies to get you on board, but never will deliver and laugh in your face when you remind them of their recruitment department. i believe in the old philosophy you keep your word, and dont boldy tell lies to get employees in the door. job satisfaction means everything.

close your doors, give back your trucks and learn some manners and respect.

Worked for Hirschbach Motor Lines? Contribute to the Community!