Hirschfeld

Not yet rated.

Richard Phillips

1 Employee Review

Unsuccessful and failing company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Angelo, TX

ProsNow fabricating vessels instead of the unsuccessful attempt at wind tower manufacturing

Consmostly incompetent/stubborn management
    non-competitive compensation
    company unwilling to hire skilled workers thus defective products result
    failing company

Advice to Senior ManagementThe old school days are over. Upper management is not all knowing. Of course they have experience, but this management was brought in from Hirschfeld Industries to assist in fabrication of an unknown product (vessels). They would not listen to the production line workers and outside authorized inspectors valuable advise on the root causes of the constant defects. This is how Hirschfeld Industries has operated for quite some time. Upper managements undercuts and blames production, or other departments, if they are at fault. Production workers have even been fired to place the blame on them while it was clearly the managers fault. This essentially protects upper management which explains why a good number of them have been there for a while yet most of them are inept. Some employees refer to it as the "Inner Circle". We rarely finished production schedules on time because of the consistent repairs needed due to welding/painting/assembly defects. Our last project was nearly 3 months overdue! It is difficult to boldly claim the reason for the failures, but hiring low wage unskilled welders is an easy root cause analysis. Welders constantly failed the welds and the vessels/wind towers would not pass inspection or pressure testing. Therefore, more welding and time was necessary to finish them thus resulting in more unplanned time and costs into the project. As you can see I have a lot to say about this. I was not fired but laid-off after they completed their last project, along with numerous others. I was given false hope about future opportunities as were many others. I will admit there were a few great individuals who warned me about the false hope and nonexistent opportunities which was much appreciated. Raises were rare and in some cases were not given to some. Bonuses did not exist, yet I heard the tour guide brag about this. It was hard to work in this type of culture and I hope none have to go through this. I would recommend to upper management they take reflection. I would ask them do they truly think they are exceeding in their position, or just scraping by with the bare minimum?

Worked for Hirschfeld? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hirschfeld reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hirschfeld CEO Richard Phillips. All reviews posted anonymously by Hirschfeld employees.