Hissho Sushi

2.8

Philip Maung

Stepping stone

I worked at Hissho Sushi full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employees are passionate about their product. Pleasant company to work for if you don't care about home-work balance.

Cons

Very little room for upward movement. Company is unorganized and doesn't run very smoothly. There are a lot of internal issues and quick turn around. Low standards.

It starts from the top.

not good

Former Employee - Operation Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Operation Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Hissho Sushi full-time (more than an year)

Pros

beneifit is ok, office culture is ok

Cons

long hours with low compensation, CEO likes to hire family related person and friends in the key position.micro-managing

hiring more people, provide more training, don't micro-managing people
    CEO should not hire his cousin as accounting manager, hard to communicate, big mistake....

worst place to work for experienced people!

I worked at Hissho Sushi full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good place to work if you don't like things organized or rules. work hours at office are flexible and drinking beer at work is ok. if getting a check is all you want, you can get one here but that is all

Cons

no management of company and lots of inexperienced workers with no college education. no good HR management and no communication. most workers do not have experience or education or skills for the job. will hire anyone and can not manage

in order to have a real company you have to hire real people and not just a few good ones. the good people can not grow with so much dead weight and working with people with no education or experience. unfair place to work

Worst job of my life

Former Employee - Sushi Chef in Petoskey, MI
    Former Employee - Sushi Chef in Petoskey, MI

I worked at Hissho Sushi full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are interested in becoming a sushi chef this a great way to start. On the job training with products that are as local as they can get and organic as it can be for grocery store sushi. The company has a fun outlook on social media toward sushi.

Cons

At the end of the day, this company made me hate making sushi. I was promised a higher wage and ended up with way less then promised. The hours are early and you are expected to make a crap ton of sushi, by myself, in just a few hours. If they start to run out toward the end of the day, you are expected to bring everything out again to make more, making sure the case is full. Working with others stores and a random manager was very irritating. A lot of times the manager didn't order what you needed, didn't come by when told, and very unorganized. And to top it off, when I left the company; I got a call two weeks later from corporate explaining that they over payed me and I owed them money from my last paycheck. In the end they finally figured out they put in the wrong date I left after being so sure I was wrong.

wages, training, structure, GET NEW MANAGERS and possibly new people in corporate

Not what i hoped for...

Former Employee - Head Chef in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Head Chef in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Hissho Sushi full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The things I loved about Hisho were the experiences, the hours, the pay, and the friends that I made and still have today.

Cons

The thing that frustrated me the most was that Upper Management was not aware of some of the things going on between stores and of food safety rules that were being broken.

Check in with employees more often. Do not rely on area managers to inform you of everything.

As BAD as it gets.

Former Employee - Chef Partner in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Chef Partner in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Hissho Sushi full-time (more than an year)

Pros

NONE. All positives at onset quickly become nightmares.

Cons

Ponzi Scheme, Discrimination, NO communication.

Hire some good lawyers, the future is bleak.

Love working with this company!! ;-)

Current Employee - Upper Management in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Upper Management in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Hissho Sushi full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, flex time, relaxed and fun atmosphere, latitude to work without micromanagement, growth expectations, family synergy and great boss.

Cons

Dedication and loyalty sometimes taken for granted.

Listen to ALL employees for great ideas, not just a very few.

Happy At Hissho! :-)

Current Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Hissho Sushi full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Casual work environment with great benefits and opportunity to grow! Hishso is growing and welcomes new employees with fresh perspectives. Lots of autonomy and opportunity to develop leadership skills. Lots of focus on employees and culture with lots of little "perks".

Cons

If you prefer a strictly structured environment - or a formal 9-to-5 job - you would not fit in well at Hissho.

Continue to recruit top-level, experienced managers and those who can help drive the company to even greater success!

Great Company on Growth Trend

I have been working at Hissho Sushi full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growing company with many opportunities for its employees to grow professionally. Cares about its employees and always seeking ways to promote its Core Values. Strong benefits package and professional development courses are provided.

Cons

Need to put technology resources and innovation on fast track to keep up with its rapid growth.

Company with no professional attitude run by owner who does not value its employees or partners.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Hissho Sushi

Pros

Unique business concept working with grocery chains. The business partnered with some of the best in grocery and you can learn a lot from these professionals on the correct way to operate.

Cons

Deception from upper management which created very poor working environment. Employees home and work quality of life, never a priority. Company did not give any sick days and only gave 6 days of vacation that you were not eligible for until 1 year of employment. Travel expectations were horrible, over 75% and after working a 7 day week with over 75 hours, you were expected to be in the office the next morning. You were also never fully reimburse for travel expenses, company chose what it wanted to pay back. Owner scheduled management meetings Friday afternoons and always ran them long. If the team was too busy, he moved it to Saturday morning. No communication between departments, company did not do anything to create a team atmosphere, owner aided in department feuds. Rather than just say no, he would give one department the go ahead to move forward with a project and then tell another department not to support them.

Stop the lying and deception. Learn what integrity is and practice what you preach. Learn to value your partners and the people who make your business run. If you make promises, especially to your customer, see it through.

Hissho Sushi Photos