Hitachi Automotive Products USA
www.hitachi-automotive.us Harrodsburg, KY 500 to 999 Employees

Hitachi Automotive Products USA Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014
Hitachi Automotive Products USA – Monroe – “Hitachi Plant Monroe GA”

Mark Fujisawa

Very interesting and fast paced

I worked at Hitachi Automotive Products USA full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood benefits, good pay, fast paced, motivating

Consstressful, unorganized sometimes, chaotic, buddy system, frustrating at times

Advice to Senior Managementremember the little people who work hard and keep the company going along with the management team Stand up for them, care for them.

I'd rather be homeless

CNC Operator (Former Employee)

I worked at Hitachi Automotive Products USA full-time for more than a year

Pros$50,000+ per year for entry level position. My co-workers were usually very good people. Everyone had the "we're in it together" mentality, and would help each other.

ConsEmployees are expected to work 84 hours per week (12 hrs a day, 7 days a week). Working conditions are very bad, to the point of bending workplace laws. There was an ongoing promise that we would get Sunday off, but that promise was broken weekly.

Advice to Senior ManagementHitachi upper management should fire anyone in a management position in the plant and hire fresh management. Don't allow a small town boys' club run the place.

Great job, long hours and hard work

Assembly (Former Employee)

I worked at Hitachi Automotive Products USA full-time for less than a year

ProsPay, benefits ability to possibly work weekends but you have to work around 4 weeks 7days 12 hour shift before you can change

Conslong hours and hard work. they wee working 7 days a week 12 hour shifts. no time for family life

Advice to Senior Managementshorter work hours

Great Place to work

I worked at Hitachi Automotive Products USA full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat work atmosphere, low cost of living, solid medical insurance, 401k match, lot of opportunities for horizontal and vertical movement,

Conslimited growth opportunities, typical big corporation atmosphere, very slow at making things happen, canteen can be much better for such a big corporation, typically lower salaries offered

No weekends or days off period and bad Hours.

Assembly (Current Employee)
Berea, KY

I have been working at Hitachi Automotive Products USA full-time for more than a year

ProsIf your all about working and no family time hardly except for when your home "wore out" then this is the place. The work is medium range labor so its not all bad except being EXTREMELY repetitive.

Yah you make around 80k a year but thats at the cost of most of your life because you only make 14 an hour after a few years. Do the math.

ConsNo days off with 90% of the lines. 11-13 hour shifts.

Advice to Senior Managementgive us a day off!!! They earned it douch bag chinese.

Hitachi

Hardware Engineer (Current Employee)
Farmington Hills, MI

ProsGreat place to work and friendly work environment. Great place to work and friendly work environment. Great place to work and friendly work environment.

ConsMajority of the design in done in Japan so late conference calls. Japanese style organization. Majority of the design in done in Japan so late conference calls. Japanese style organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementAwesome place but the management should more some design work to their US locations too.

Great to start, disappointing in the long run

Quality Engineer (Current Employee)
Harrodsburg, KY

I have been working at Hitachi Automotive Products USA full-time for more than 5 years

ProsInsurance. Air conditioning. Little overtime.

ConsNo opportunities for advancement. Ppm= p**s poor management. Back stabbing management. Open door policy really means shut door policy. Low morale. Low or no bonuses. Very small pay in raises usually less than 1.5% which is well below the inflation rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy should I offer you anything? You haven't given me much more than a steady pay heck without any raises for 7 years.

No growth unless you are in Mi

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Harrodsburg, KY

I have been working at Hitachi Automotive Products USA full-time

ProsGood friendly people at KY plant.
Good benefits.

ConsLow pay, no growth for people outside Farmington hills.
Upper management busy to promote themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart thinking about your employees to improve efficiency.

Excellent Work culture, slow knowledge advancement

Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Hitachi Automotive Products USA

ProsBest work culture in terms of inter-employee relations. From whatever I have heard of employees joining Hitachi from other suppliers, this is very relaxed and cordial atmosphere. I am glad to take a pay-cut and still work for Hitachi because there is no blame-game politics or back-biting.

ConsThe company is still mostly controlled by Japan HQ. Knowledge sharing is on a need to know basis. American managers have started the politics I saw at my last employer.

Advice to Senior ManagementLookout for the whole company now just your own group (a way of USA based competitor companies). Lookout for employee satisfaction to improve bottom line.

a very rigid and unfriendly work environment

I worked at Hitachi Automotive Products USA

Prosjob security is good, stable work environment.

Consno room to improve oneself and find better career growth. there is a definite disconnect between management and engineering teams. teams are on different pages when it comes to strategy.

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate your strategy to all employees in engineering.

Worked for Hitachi Automotive Products USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hitachi Automotive Products USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hitachi Automotive Products USA CEO Mark Fujisawa. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Hitachi Automotive Products USA employees.