Hitachi Consulting

www.hitachiconsulting.com

Hitachi Consulting Reviews in Colorado

Hitachi Consulting President and CEO Philip R. Parr

Philip R. Parr

Pros
  • Work life balance is good but although depends on the project(in 37 reviews)

• The culture is very relaxed and the people are great(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • But perhaps better work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• Senior Management is out of touch with reality(in 15 reviews)

23 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to grow your skills

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe people and smart and collaborative. I have a lot of flexibility whether to travel or not (likely due to my specialized area). I am compensated fairly.

ConsHCC is going through some growing pains due to multiple global acquisitions while also trying to grow the service lines outside of more classical ERP-type services.

Great place to work, good people

Consultant (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsPeople, learning and development, culture

ConsBig company that tends to reorganize often

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through on promises

Great culture, terrible leadership

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsCulture
    People at lower level (Consultants, Managers SM)
    Flexible work schedules

ConsTerrible compensation compare to other consulting firms
    Poor leadership, executives with no vision and strategy, they continue to acquire more companies without solid strategy what to do with them.
    Senior VPs and Execs care about their own future and slice of the pie. Lower people below VP are treated poorly and not compensated well.
    Poor benefits and training program. Zero external training or cross-training to make employees marketable.
    Lack of strategic projects, pipeline
    Business model that worked years ago, no longer works. More of top talent are leaving the firm as they are fed up with upper management, lack of leadership, practice growth and vision.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a solid strategy and what differentiates HC brand in the marketplace
    Focus on employees and compensation, total reward to compete with other consulting firms
    Senior VPs need to go through some leadership training. They disparately need it!! Too many clueless execs and Senior VPs that don't deliver to their promise or bring any value-add to the organization, neither meet their sales #s.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, just needs to invest in them

Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe people are great
    The work can be interesting

ConsThe firm just doesn't invest in its people enough - training, etc.
    I never felt that senior leadership had a clear vision as to where they wanted to go and how to get there

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a step back, decide what you want the firm to be, and make a plan to get there

Great people

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsI greatly enjoy the leadership and activities in my local office. There is a clear progression path for junior level employees and wonderful learning opportunities.

ConsDo not get a lot of control over where you get staffed - particularly at the lower levels

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership could more clearly convey how hard its working for its employees in its communications. Sometimes its dedication to internal efforts isn't highlighted as much as it should be and gets lost in the shuffle of other corporate initiatives.

Laying off left and right - Way behind plan, poor management

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsSome really decent, hardworking people, especially at mid-lower levels

ConsSr Management with little to no long-term vision or concern about retention
    Failure after failure at acquisition goals
    Unrealistic revenue goals given resources and plan
    Poor communication between Sr Management and the rest of company
    Been slowly offshoring much of critical functions to India after purchase of Sierra Atlantic--but positioned resulting job eliminatiosn as "job redundancy"
    Laying off 6-10% of workforce in 2012

Advice to Senior ManagementYour drastic and almost reckless strategy for reducing operating income is obviously impacting both your growth and reputation. Word spreads fast, to market analysts and to potential customers.

Growing company with lots of opportunities.

Director (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat culture, strong leadership, and solid vision.

ConsThe growth is surpassing the infrastructure and internal processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport the consultants in the field with better support mechanisms.

Lacks training and career development

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat health insurance
    A lot of PTO time

ConsManagement doesn't listen to you about your career development wishes
    Not much training, especially with technology
    They make non management people do a lot of administrative work such as creating proposals billing clients, and sales work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more opportunities for training. For people that have functional consulting experience, it can be a challenge to get good technical experience and knowledge at Hitachi Consulting. Also Hitachi says that they listen to employees regarding career development. However, I've found that they usually just try to staff me on any project they can find. Plus, some of the project managers lack leadership ability and shouldn't be in charge of other people.

Have vs. have nots

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsSmaller management consulting company where experience can be gained. A pretty good springboard to the larger management consulting companies. Some great comraderie among the working teams who are typically younger consultants.

ConsHave - have not culture where you are either a consultant working long hours for below industry pay, or you are an executive working banking hours for a healthy paycheck. High level of office politics at times as some consultants manuever to become executive favorites. Not an environment for the timid.

Advice to Senior ManagementTemper the general opinion of favortism in the performance review by making that an objective and open process. Allow employees to formally review their managers to identify management issues. Close the wage inequity gap between consultants and management.

Hitachi Consulting - Change is not always a good thing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsSmart people, good clients and challenging work

Cons- New national operating model is not for everyone
    - Hitachi Consulting lacks the scale to support a true national industry and solution organization structure that targets billion dollar and above companies
    - Organization model changes will continue to drive high turnover for those people interested in true work life balance
    - Hitachi Consulting has effectively moved away from working with mid-market companies

Advice to Senior ManagementHold on tight, turnover in the coming months/years is going to be very high

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!