Hitachi Consulting

Hitachi Consulting Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Hitachi Consulting President and CEO Philip R. Parr

Philip R. Parr

Pros
  • Work life balance is good but although depends on the project(in 37 reviews)

• The culture is very relaxed and the people are great(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • But perhaps better work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• Senior Management is out of touch with reality(in 15 reviews)

Great people and culture

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with; they really care about their employees. I get to do interesting work with great people

ConsStill growing; don't always have depth of resources needed and makes selling/staffing work challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to be more visible to employees; you are very motivating and create positive energy when you address the company.

A great company to work for

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe people really make this firm. It's a fun and exciting place to grow your career. Everyone is very fair and treats each other with a great deal of respect. They offer a broad range of solutions and sell to many of the Fortune 100 companies. The solutions they offer allow people to build skills in relevant market solutions.

ConsIt's a very small consultancy that competes with the big firms, which can sometimes be wierd. Some of the training curiculum isn't too built out yet, although I hear they're working on it. Compensation can be a little on the low end for the marketplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people. Talk with the Senior Consultant and Manager level people regularly.

Hitachi Consulting = Team Environment + Lots of Valuable Experience

Consultant (Current Employee)

Pros1) Senior Management (in my office) has a *very* open door policy
    2) Team atmosphere amongst co-workers as opposed to competition for good laddering (the firm doesn't succeed unless we all succeed)
    3) Small offices make for a family-like team
    4) Feels like a startup company where you are given a lot of opportunities to be a utility player and thereby obtain myriad experience
    5) More flexibility than competitors in terms of whether you'd like to travel or not

Cons1) Lack of a stock purchase plan such as an ESPP
    2) Annual review process is cumbersome, as it is at all consulting firms where their people is the product

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom a local standpoint, the VP's in my office are absolutely fantastic.

More communication from our CEO to all employees would be encouraged.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Pursuit of Quality

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsChallenging work, projects, and clients. If you have the right skillset or want to build a skillset, this is a great place to do it. Those who have the confidence and ability to ask for what they want will get it (as is the way life goes, right?)

ConsThere is a perceived inconsistency between management styles, but this is typical of any organization and internal efforts are being made to provide more consistency.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuality will always win over politics. If senior management can focus on hiring the best and keeping them (us) happy, then the company will grow, business will increase, and revenues will follow.

Great place to work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Prosit is very flexible in terms of work and atmosphere is very good.

ConsNeed to showcase ourself if we want to excel in our carrer

Advice to Senior ManagementPlz provide opportunity for the ppl who has zeal to learn and excel their abilites in their role

Good Future. Need to shape up

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsLeadership direction from a larger Hitachi makes it a very promising place from a future growth perspective. Good potential opportunities for the people.

ConsLimited growth @ GDC. Difficult to see how we will make the transition to the company of the future that the leadership talks about.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is some good work happening in pockets which should be recognized. There are some inefficiencies especially at the mid management levels which need to be addressed.

Great working culture

ProsAwesome working culture, great benefits

ConsLack of personal growth opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training opportunities

Nice place to work with

Manager, Specialized Services (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsProjects and People I worked with this company from last couple of years given me good knowledge and experience. I find resources with diversified knowledge and customers from different business verticals.

ConsCompensation is less by 20-30 % compares to what other competitors pay in the market

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Fabulous people, great work.

ProsGreat entrepreneurial environment. The people are wonderful and the opportunities are limitless. The company has allowed for wonderful personal growth as you demonstrate the ability to deliver.

ConsHas worked over the last few years to move up market and compete with larger consulting firms. Would like to see this happen faster and more consistently.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to change model to get more traction with strategy.

Very Professional experience.

Consultant (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsProfessional atmosphere, cutting edge technologies, big-wig clients..

ConsEmployee Management should wok towards making the employee more satisfied towards employee relationship

Advice to Senior ManagementShould still work towards to become a more friendly management

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!