Hitachi Consulting

www.hitachiconsulting.com
Employer Engaged

Terrible company to work for

Former Employee - Director in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Director in San Jose, CA

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hitachi Brand;
    Decent Oracle practice;
    global company

Cons

Management has no vision; does not treasure people, view them as a tool to make money; wants to compete as Tier 1 consultant but in reality far from it and has no idea how to get there
    All that management knows is to buy buy buy to inflate the market value of the company
    Low pay, meager severance,

really go about treating the employess as asset instead of paying lip service
    treat people with respect and dignity
    establish medium to long term plans that are not just focusing on the bottom line

Horrible Senior Management in Irvine Office

Former Employee - Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Convenient Location Very close to freeway

Cons

Senior Project Managers in Irvine office very terrible. They work for company last 10 years. Dont know technology. Unprofessional. One of them tells "You are a moron". They very deceiving. They don't like your work even when you work is good. Stay away from Irvine office. They use you and then throw you and lie to higher management that you dont work. They very unprofessional cunning. Work for los angeles office not irvine office. Very disappointed.

Fire senior managers in Irvine office. Dont matter if they work for company last 10 years. They very terrible

Hired under false pretenses, talked to in a condescending manner, then let go.

Current Contractor - Senior Human Resources Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Contractor - Senior Human Resources Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Facilities are top notch, IT system and department is quality.

Cons

Underdeveloped training within the HR department, management is ill equipped to lead, let alone manage. Instruction for new hires is non existient. Inconsistiency regarding the QA/QC of individual work.

I applied for an HR Business Partner position. I have 7 years of HR experience, iincluding Supervisory and Sr. Managerial/SME experence supporting over 6000 employees at over 30 locations. After interviewing several times I was "the ideal candidate for a different position" and hired as an Sr. HR Specialist. Coming in I was told that my primary responsibilities would be to write processes for our routine HR reporting. Once I got here I was given a share drive full of reports, notes described as process documents and told to figure them out. After two months of my three month temp position I was able to reverse engineer the reports and determine how they were ran. I started working here in July, out of the 19 reports due each month, 13 of them had not been completed since April. Why? Because the only person who knew how to run them was the person I replaced. My counterparts had no knowledge, my manager didn't have a clue how any of them were ran. No big deal.
    While having to figure out how to run these reports, I was also now responsible for running the reports. The ultimate goal was to have our outsourced office in India take these reports over. Unfortunately, they lack the minimal skill required fo manipulate a simple spreadsheet.
    Come October, I'm told that they cannot hire me on full time, but would extend my temp status. I am now a Salaried, Exempt employee in a temp position, so I am not afforded PTO or Holiday pay, which Im' currently investigating with the DOL to ensure legality.
    Come the end of October, I'm then told that I would be let go December 21st, and recieved complaints that it took so long to iron out the issues with their reports. Reports that no one else knows how to run, let alone write process documents for.
    I'm disappointed as I do enjoy the work enviornment of the company as a whole, they are very much into volunteering and do alot of events for company morale. Unfortunately, the HR department here is in a bad way. I come from larger companies that support 10 times as many employees and while it was hectic, the knowledge base was there.
    If you are an HR professional looking for a worthwhile position, look elsewhere.

p.s. the person they hired for the HRBP position instead of me left the company a month ago. I don't know if it was by choice or by force. Other HR staff have either been laid off for budgetary reasons or have just moved to other departments; so its safe to say the issues are systemic.

Disappointed that management doesn't value employees, everyone is replaceable

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

At one time there were exciting opportunities for growth

Cons

Poor management, limited opportunities, no innovation

As a consulting organization, your people are your product, therefore it is imperative to value your employees and build a culture of trust and respect

Manager

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits(Insurance) but don't expect to get a bonus anytime soon.

Cons

Upper management does not have the ability to lead or teach. Everyone is out for themselves. This company is a joke do not leave your old job and don't trust anything they say. Really bad reputation among former clients, almost to the point of embarrassment.

Start looking for a job now. This company will not be around long.

Poor Management

Former Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are talented and hard working people at Hitachi Consulting. You are paid decent wages and you are expected to work long hours.

Cons

The management team treats you like a commodity. Your opinions are not sought out. The management team keeps most of their employees in the dark. Layoffs happen quite regularly as Hitachi has trouble managing it's business . Don't expect to keep your job longer than two years.

Upper management needs new leadership.

No job security, overburdened employees, no transparency : DO NOT JOIN

Former Employee - Manager in Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Manager in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Salary: At times you might feel that your salary is on the higher side. However, if you are on bench then your salary might result in you getting laid off (fired)

Cons

1. No planning at senior management and recruitment level: Talented people are recruited like anything inspite of the fact that there are no projects. The senior management keep on saying - "we have a good pipeline", however there are no projects and new joinees as well confirmed employees who came out of projects are being laid off within a day.

2. It is a CMM level 3 company, but behaves like a CMM Level 5 company and talks high about process and process and complicate things unnecessarily.

3. At the time of offer they said - "Notice period is of 30 days during first 6 months of probation period". However, at the joining day you will be forced to sign a document which says : "E-stoppel on resignation - you can resign for the first 6 months after you join the company". And there is no mention of leaves and other facilities and benefits on the offer letter that they issue".

4. The policies in Hitachi consulting keep on changing every now and then and the newer policies makes it more unfriendly ork env. for the employees.

5. Hitachi talks big about competeting with Wipro, Infy, TCS, CTS.... but the fact it that 20 years down the line they cant be even 50% of what these companies are.

6. Hitachi Consulting simply follows a policy of HIRE and FIRE. They recruit like any thing and after 2 month of bench they fire them. Simultaneously they keep on the process of recruitment as well to spread the news that they are hiring.

7. The payroll process in Hitachi consulting is one of the complex ever and sub-standard process followed.

8. Incase you need a maternity leave or a long LOP leave, Hitachi Consulting will force you to resign after a month and in future if you wish to join them, they will hire you as a contractor.

9. There is so much insecurity among the employees of the company, still it is surprising to see so many positive feedback about Hitachi Consulting. Sometimes I doubt that some of these might be fake.

10. The HR wing is absolute useless. They are just pretty faces and good for nothing. Always praising and buttering the senior guys and do not care about the root level employees.

11. The Senior manager guys need a massive change in attitude. They are sooo arrogant and talk to employees rudely. Some of these managers (especially Cop Heads) need to upgrade their soft skill and need to learn manners.

Please stop hiring people when you dont have jobs in your company.
    DO NOT change the terms and conditions in the offer letter. Make sure that the offer letter issued at the time of offer is the same as the one they are asked to sign on the joining day.
    Why will an experienced person be forced into signing a bond on the joining day that one can't resign in the first 6 months of joining. He should be informed well in advanced and at the time of offer.

Laying off left and right - Way behind plan, poor management

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some really decent, hardworking people, especially at mid-lower levels

Cons

Sr Management with little to no long-term vision or concern about retention
    Failure after failure at acquisition goals
    Unrealistic revenue goals given resources and plan
    Poor communication between Sr Management and the rest of company
    Been slowly offshoring much of critical functions to India after purchase of Sierra Atlantic--but positioned resulting job eliminatiosn as "job redundancy"
    Laying off 6-10% of workforce in 2012

Your drastic and almost reckless strategy for reducing operating income is obviously impacting both your growth and reputation. Word spreads fast, to market analysts and to potential customers.

Hyderabad Sierra Atlantic Trying to dominate on Glassdoor as well by posting fake reviews

Former Employee - Senior Consultant II in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant II in Pune (India)

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

No pros Please dont join this company

Cons

See the review you will only find good reviews from hyderabad none from Pune trying to hide the truth.The kind of politics Hyderabad and Sierra mangement is playing with Pune centre is tragic. I see soon it getting closed and all the high post are being sent to hyderabad all employee are dominated and frustrated by Hyd Sierra guys tragic will lead HCI to dooms day soon

Replace sierra management In GDC and bring some genuine people on top specially from UK or US who are unbaised otherwise you will soon end, Good people have already started leaving.

As a corporate project Hitachi Consulting is like cooking omelets without eggs.

Former Employee - Director in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Former Employee - Director in Lisbon (Portugal)

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None that I can remember...

Cons

No vision, no strategy, no willingness to invest. HC doesn't exist as a firm. It's just a group of heterogeneous offices, skills and competences, where each one try to sell and deliver whatever they can.

Please decide what do you want HC to be and build a coherent and consistent strategy. If there is no willingness to invest enough to create a Global practice with a broad service offer, there is no problem in being just a US IT operation.

Hitachi Consulting Photos