Hitachi Consulting Reviews

Collaborative environment

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

The backbone of Hitachi Consulting is a strong collaborative environment;. The company also provides helpful mentors and career advisors who have significant consulting experience and tenure. As a small consulting practice, there is plenty of opportunity to contribute to internal development and create processes and programs that last for future generations. The opportunity to innovate and demonstrate your leadership skills is very strong - and very encouraged - in this environment.

Cons

Hitachi Consulting is still a small to mid-size company, so still has some process kinks to work out and the administrative load can sometimes be higher than at other large firms. Salary is sometimes lower, but the travel load is lighter and higher pay at other firms is sometimes really hazard pay for constant travel or working with competitive idiots.

Continue to be open and honest with employees. Don't sugarcoat.

In a tough year, Hitachi Consulting leadership continues to make good decisions and to focus on their people

Current Employee - Manager, Specialized Services in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager, Specialized Services in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

Hitachi Consulting has a fresh and dynamic culture, largely due to leadership's attantion to individual growth. People are challenged to grow while akoing room for work/life balance.

Cons

Pressure and work hours during high profile projects

I think management is consistently focused on improvement. It will never be perfect (anywhere) but the Hitachi Consulting culture & career amnagement process is very good. Proces sis important but it's about people. and personal connections.

3. Building a career with great people...

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

I work with really smart people that I respect and am challenged by every day. Not only does the industry require continuous learning about new clients and solutions, I am learning how to be a leader and grow directly from the people I work with every day. I also feel valued and a part of my local office community.

Cons

Project depending, hours can be long and clients can be tough, but this is more a function of the industry than the the company specifically. Sometimes its tough to know what's going on across the company.

Sell good work. Everything else comes after that.

5. Very good overall for an IT consulting firm

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

Great people
    Easy access to leadership within the firm
    Good combination of being a relatively new company but also being stable and established in a lot of ways
    Work-life balance is generally very good for a consulting company
    Market focus helps keeps people local

Cons

While the company has come a long way in the last few years, there is still room for improvement with regard to methodologies, processes, etc.
    Markets and practice areas are all managed in different ways

Keep working on improving internal training, methodologies, etc. I think we are headed in the right direction there.

great place to work and build experience. plenty of really smart people.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

people, flexibility, opportunity, leadership, training programs, time off

Cons

pay, size of projects may be smaller than other larger companies.

senior managers are sometimes stuck managing a difficult project after it has been sold with unrealistic expectations around scope.

7. Great people and culture

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

Great people to work with; they really care about their employees. I get to do interesting work with great people

Cons

Still growing; don't always have depth of resources needed and makes selling/staffing work challenging.

You need to be more visible to employees; you are very motivating and create positive energy when you address the company.

8. A great company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

The people really make this firm. It's a fun and exciting place to grow your career. Everyone is very fair and treats each other with a great deal of respect. They offer a broad range of solutions and sell to many of the Fortune 100 companies. The solutions they offer allow people to build skills in relevant market solutions.

Cons

It's a very small consultancy that competes with the big firms, which can sometimes be wierd. Some of the training curiculum isn't too built out yet, although I hear they're working on it. Compensation can be a little on the low end for the marketplace.

Listen to your people. Talk with the Senior Consultant and Manager level people regularly.

Hitachi Consulting = Team Environment + Lots of Valuable Experience

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

1) Senior Management (in my office) has a *very* open door policy
    2) Team atmosphere amongst co-workers as opposed to competition for good laddering (the firm doesn't succeed unless we all succeed)
    3) Small offices make for a family-like team
    4) Feels like a startup company where you are given a lot of opportunities to be a utility player and thereby obtain myriad experience
    5) More flexibility than competitors in terms of whether you'd like to travel or not

Cons

1) Lack of a stock purchase plan such as an ESPP
    2) Annual review process is cumbersome, as it is at all consulting firms where their people is the product

From a local standpoint, the VP's in my office are absolutely fantastic.

More communication from our CEO to all employees would be encouraged.

10. The Pursuit of Quality

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

Challenging work, projects, and clients. If you have the right skillset or want to build a skillset, this is a great place to do it. Those who have the confidence and ability to ask for what they want will get it (as is the way life goes, right?)

Cons

There is a perceived inconsistency between management styles, but this is typical of any organization and internal efforts are being made to provide more consistency.

Quality will always win over politics. If senior management can focus on hiring the best and keeping them (us) happy, then the company will grow, business will increase, and revenues will follow.

11. Nice company to work for

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting

Pros

Nice Work Life balance, relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Too small in UK, it makes difficult to get big deals

Need to think big, reduce overheads/costs

Hitachi Consulting Photos