Hitachi Data Systems

Hitachi Data Systems Reviews in Bellevue, WA

Updated May 28, 2014

Hitachi Data Systems CEO Jack Domme

Jack Domme

Pros
  • work-life balance is good and you have chance working with lots of smart guys(in 27 reviews)

• OK to work from home or set your schedule as long as work gets done(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance continues to be a challenge for me, although self induced(in 5 reviews)

• Not many negatives about working at HDS for me(in 4 reviews)

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Happy at last!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsI did not know that high tech companies with this kind of positive and supportive corporate culture existed. When we spend more time at out jobs than in our homes, it is so important to have a great team, work life balance and good managers. I have an extremely supportive HR team that bends over backwards to accomodate me and I am so impressed with all of the technical teams that I interact with. The engineers have been helpful, professional and available. All things that make a great team in my opinion. I am also very impressed with the benefits package...much better than most other companies that I've run across lately. HDS has been awarded Top 100 Compnaies to Work For by Fortune Magazine for 4 years in a row. Now that I work here I can see why. The employee dedication to their jobs, teams and this company is inspiring.

ConsMaybe some growing pains since we are in growth mode; there are too few conference rooms.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the 6% matching on the 401K plan is great but please look at the time it takes to vest. Three years is too long. This should be 1 year max in order to stay competitive.

I wish I had started at HDS earlier in my career.

QA Architect (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsThe growth opportunities and the excitement of the product road map looks to a great future and cool stuff to build, test and delivery.

ConsThe largest con is the lack of stock options or stock purchase program. HDS is wholly owned by Hitachi and has no publicly traded stock.

Unlimited Opportunity Working on Leading Edge Cloud Computing Technology

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

Pros- Experience with enterprise class hw/sw cloud computing solutions
    - Access to world class Hitachi hardware components
    - Very collaborative organization
    - Great mix of skill sets & personalities

Cons- Current product offering is very MS focused
    - Development process is still evolving
    - Engineering culture is still emerging

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hire rising stars and established "A" players. Work to evolve development processes to include best properties of agile and traditional methodologies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Echo Chamber of Their Own Making

Network Engineering Architect (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsHitachi Storage Array
    Innovative Concept for Integration of Compute, Network, Storage News Release in April 2010

ConsManagement is in love with its singular view of the Data Center World.
    Procurement Timelines are highly flawed
    Politics Rule

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your mind, and allow skilled professionals to provide value to your project mission. I wasnt given an opportunity to execute this simple concept.

Worked for Hitachi Data Systems? Contribute to the Community!