Hitachi Data Systems

Hitachi Data Systems Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Hitachi Data Systems CEO Jack Domme

Jack Domme

Pros:
  • "HDS tries to respect work life balance & do not schedule calls before 8:00AM or after 5:00PM"
    in 21 reviews
  • "Great people that are dedicated and company culture and values are strong and honest"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance continues to be a challenge for me, although self induced"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Middle management, specifically in sales organization doesn't embrace nor understand the essence of leadership"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fantastic culture and great people to work with!

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA really positive and friendly culture where everyone has a voice and helps each other out. Flexible and family friendly with no micro-management. Although we still have to put in some long hours sometimes!

ConsSystems and processes could be improved.

"Progessive cutting edge company with industry leading products and admirable company culture"

Manager, Talent Acquisition (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros"Very competitive leading edge company that has ranked within the Top 100 companies to work for yet again for 2014! HDS has a unique, pro-employee culture, supporting an environment that is not only fun, but also rewarding and provides the sense of being part of a winning organization with opportunities. The HDS product and solutions offerings are at the forefront of technology and paving the way to lead the most advanced company global solutions in the marketplace"

Cons"HDS is growing so rapidly and ever changing to lead the industry - you will need to have a strong initiative to be part of this progressive environment"

Awesome culture - this is the place to be!

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA culture that leaves you empowered and passionate about working here. Trust and respect, low politics, empowerment and achieving great results in a collaborative manner.

ConsIt is a very entrepreneurial place. So, if you are resourceful, independant and love to build in a fast place environment, this is it! If you are not any of the above, then it might be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementPreserve this unique culture - best blend of east and west.

Great place to work, lots of company perks.

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat pay and ethical company. Company has been very stable and pride themself on making a happy workplace. Great benefits as well.

ConsAt times overly structured, sometimes difficult to grow within a department or a field but that depends on the department you are in.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees think more outside the box, allow for more advancement within teams.

Manager

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFantastic company culture, professional environment and a progressive career path. Outstanding technology and a great presence in the market. A company you can be proud to work for. The executive leadership team is very professional, engaged, and has a strategy for the next 5 years. This leadership team understands the market and where we need to go for the future. The CEO is very down to earth and a powerful speaker! He inspirational and keeps you excited about what will come next and how you can make a direct impact on the future!

ConsIt sometimes takes a while for decisions to be made and carried out.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with leaders to ensure decisions are made and carreied out in timely manner. Continue the focus on employee engagement and training to ensure we keep our positive work environment.

A good place to work

Product Management (Current Employee)

ProsGood work life ballance
Decent pay, bonuses sometimes paid even if we didn't make our financial goals
They do a good job of taking care of their people

ConsHard to get training
Very old workforce
Sometimes challenging to work with the Japanese culture but it is getting better

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your younger employees

Uninspiring and career stalling

IT Professional (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSalaries are market value and bonuses are fairly consistent. People are friendly with many long term employees and it has a family feel. Newly upgraded on site features like a gym, cafe, and group events. Good place for long term old fashioned 'one position until you retire' type job.

ConsVery little room for growth, if any. Annual training is listed as benefit, but have been denied it several times. Antiquated internal technologies and resources are usually contractors.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your loyal employees and encourage a more creative, effective workforce by planning for change and improvement. Embrace the Silicon Valley resources, knowledge, and energy right outside your door!

Good working environment

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time

ProsGood working environment. Exposed to many different cultures.

ConsNot as innovative as other companies in the SV.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more fwd thinking creative people.

Global Account Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hitachi Data Systems full-time

ProsReliable products. Good support model.

ConsLike a time machine back to the 1990's. lacking processes to enable growth. Poor sales management. Lacks diversity.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in a world class sales leader. Too much complacency

Great Place to Work

Customer Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hitachi Data Systems full-time

ProsI would highly recommend working for HDS. Some of the perks include: HSA, quarterly bonuses, plenty of OT work to boost salary, and knowledgeable team.

ConsSome of the challenges working at HDS are the odd hours for service techs. It also can appear sometimes that communication across different groups is lacking.

Worked for Hitachi Data Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Hitachi Data Systems Videos

Hitachi Data Systems – Why Work for Us?

Hitachi Spirit Hitachi Spirit is what distinguishes us as the employer and partner of choice. It’s more than our foundation, more than a poster on the wall. It’s how we operate every day, how we get things done. It’s… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hitachi Data Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hitachi Data Systems CEO Jack Domme. All 187 reviews posted anonymously by Hitachi Data Systems employees.