Hitachi Data Systems

Updated Jun 8, 2014

Hitachi Data Systems CEO Jack Domme

Jack Domme

63 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

People who join HDS, look forward to staying at HDS and building their careers. Period.

Product Manager (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsThe one thing that struck me most is that people look at HDS for long term careers. And I have found out why - it is all about a culture of interpersonal respect and empowerment. Basically, I have the liberty to carry a viewpoint, be respected for it and can look forward to work collaboratively and grow. This is a company that promotes from within.

ConsNothing, really. I have heard people saying that bringing in change is difficult but that is just not true. If you have a good idea, people around will help promote it pretty fast and you can even take help from other units seamlessly. It does happen and I can testify.

Great place to work!!

TA Manager (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsGreat culture, benefits and technology. A company you can be proud to work for and put your name behind it.

ConsGrowing pains, however not really a true con as it is necessary to stay ahead in the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue on with your outstanding leadership! Thank you for caring about your employees!

Winning HR team!

Santa Clara, CA

ProsI have been working at HDS for about 3 years. I have been highly impressed by the HR team - they are so focused on enabling the business, removing road blocks and helping the business achieve growth goals! Great business acumen and partnering. Also, they go all out to preserve the unique culture that exists at HDS - high on integrity, trust and respect, harmony, collaboration and accountability!

ConsI love it here! So positive and passionate about HDS!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on executing on our winning strategy!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Santa Clara, CA

Pros- Great company culture and people to work with
    - Work-Life Balance, flexible hours, WFH

ConsNothing so far, satisfied with the company

Project Manager

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsSmall, warm, friendly to work. Laid back but not too much. Great culture.

ConsThe building location is pretty industrial but once you get used to it it's fine. It's not partially glamorous but what's most important is who you work with!

Company atmosphere is very rewarding - Japanese culture with respect

IT Professional (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsThe product line that the company produces is well respected within the industry, and they are continually providing updates to all employees so you can learn about the products even though your actual job does not produce it

ConsSome departments are more successful than others

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on moving forward with your wonderful strategies

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Slow-paced

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsFlexible hours, work from home

ConsVery slow at getting problems resolved, disorganized. Sometimes it looks like they don't care about success of the project.

Former employee

IT Professional (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsGreat hardware products. Great peers to work with in professional services. Good training on their products. Plenty of travel for those who enjoy traveling.

ConsPoor software products. Lack of career growth within company. They typically hire outside of the company to get what they think are perceived talent. Salary is below industry standards. Salary raises are non existent. High turn over rate with the professional services ranks.

Advice to Senior ManagementHDS products are third rate. No matter what they do will bring HDS to a first tier company.

Awesome culture - this is the place to be!

Manager (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsA culture that leaves you empowered and passionate about working here. Trust and respect, low politics, empowerment and achieving great results in a collaborative manner.

ConsIt is a very entrepreneurial place. So, if you are resourceful, independant and love to build in a fast place environment, this is it! If you are not any of the above, then it might be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementPreserve this unique culture - best blend of east and west.

Great place to work, lots of company perks.

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsGreat pay and ethical company. Company has been very stable and pride themself on making a happy workplace. Great benefits as well.

ConsAt times overly structured, sometimes difficult to grow within a department or a field but that depends on the department you are in.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees think more outside the box, allow for more advancement within teams.

Worked for Hitachi Data Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Hitachi Data Systems Videos

Hitachi Data Systems – Why Work for Us?

Hitachi Spirit Hitachi Spirit is what distinguishes us as the employer and partner of choice. It’s more than our foundation, more than a poster on the wall. It’s how we operate every day, how we get things done. It’s… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hitachi Data Systems reviews and ratings in Santa Clara, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hitachi Data Systems CEO Jack Domme. All 63 reviews posted anonymously by Hitachi Data Systems employees.