HoMedics

1.7

Alon Kaufman

Product Development

I have been working at HoMedics full-time

Pros

Interesting Product. Strong support from the internal partners.

Cons

Micro Managing Owner doesn't let people do their jobs.

Let your people do their jobs

No organization and a lot of Racism and Sexual Harrassment

Former Employee - Consumer Relations in Commerce Township, MI
    Former Employee - Consumer Relations in Commerce Township, MI

I worked at HoMedics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, New director (Loni), is making great improvements however.

Cons

Management can't manage, there are cliques and that's who gets promoted. THere is no training, no one has to really comprehend their jobs as long as they can show up daily. I was actually in the elite group without trying, I started to test the waters. I showed up late on a regular, I would call in, I didn't come to mandatory OT days. There was nothing said but, "don't let them see you because then they will want to do it". They, meaning my coworkers. Go figure.

Because you've been there a long time, does not mean you know how to manage a department. WIth this in mind, Alon, please make sure your management is actually qualified for the position

Dsyfunctional

Former Employee - Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Consultant in Detroit, MI

I worked at HoMedics as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Can swear as much as you want and dress casually. Snr Management runs around like a chicken with their head cut off dealing with the disaster of the day so if it's not in your area you can have a few days off.

Cons

Lack of integrity. Lack of business savvy and ethics. Lack of any type of respect for employees.Lack of consistency or a compelling strategy. Want's to have MAP pricing but lets retailers break it on initial ad at launch of the product, then screams that product is being sold below MAP on the internet. Your biggest retailer just broke MAP and you paid them to advertise at that price/

Bring on some smart people with experience and then get the hell out of way. Maybe try to treat people with respect. After all, even the biggest idiot in the whole world is still a human being and deserves to be treated sith some dignity and respect.

Bad culture, no future

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at HoMedics (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good food at the cafeteria

Cons

Culture and vision define a company success. There is no vision here: owners spent crazy money on widely advertised investments that drained the company finance only to satisfy their ego for fame and visibility. Culture that encourages aggressive behavior and does not empower management. Unhealty habit of blaming people. Total absence of best practices and process, a company that still does business as in the '80s. Owners have very small town style and lacking professionalism: they are the cause of the company misfortunes. The whole executive team left the company last year as they did not see any reasons to work in such a place anymore.

Take a job here only if you are unemployed.

Work - Life Balance? What work life balance? It is all work.

I have been working at HoMedics full-time

Pros

Decent medical benefits, No Obamacare here YET.

Cons

Work 70 hours one week and get criticized the next for not getting everything done.

Good place to gain experience

I have been working at HoMedics

Pros

Opportunity to learn
    Laid back culture
    Great coworkers

Cons

Pay is below average
    Limited opportunities for advancement
    In many cases, change and innovation has been inhibited due to the same management has been in place for a very long time

People that can't spell, read or comprehend and a boss that's okay with that.

Current Employee - CR Representative in Commerce Township, MI
    Current Employee - CR Representative in Commerce Township, MI

I have been working at HoMedics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Great discounts on products, You can not show up and still keep your job LOL

Cons

No resources, NO management, NO advancement.
    I am forced to work next to an individual that cannot read or comprehend english. She will not learn the various products in order to properly assist customers. Then she asks everyone around her for help, which is a bit frustrating, given she's been here for 8 months! When it was reported, the person that reported was reprimanded and management treated her like SHE was the problem and being a bully. So now everyone is quiet and afraid to say something about it. THis has caused a major upset in the department becuase her mistakes make the company look illeterate and it causes everyone else more work.

I heard someone say they were ready to go to the corporate offices on our manager because he allows this to go on. This has made this job so much worse, everyone is quiet and no one likes to speak anymore. It's taken morale down quite a bit. I know of a few people that have been here for awhile, who are looking for employment elsewhere. Upper managment won't allow our manager to hire someone else, so he is afraid to call the woman out on her flaws (for example, she will send an email to a customer that says, "We placed order fir pridict (product), please low 2-4 weeks fir delivry") She actually made a note where she was speaking of a mailman and she typed "male" man. It gets much worse. If you like a company that rewards ignorance and chastises smart, fast, workers that know the job like the back of their hands, than this is the company for you. Also, be prepared to be sexually harrassed, racially discriminated against and disrespected daily!

Please ask potential employees to write a complete sentence at least! This is becoming a bit redundant. If you're going to send an email about a Facebook review for an idiot, send an email for the many great reviews we ALL get. You know, the one's that get mailed in, and you think we aren't shown them.

Better be ready to do whatever you're told

Former Employee - Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at HoMedics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free products, great place to get some experience

Cons

The owners know more than anyone else in the company. Don't bother having a good idea, you can't do anything if the idea didn't come from one of the owners.

Hire people that you can trust. You need to surround yourself with leaders, not people who got promoted because they were good at doing their job 15 years ago.

The most unorganized, unprofessional group 'professionals' ever!

Current Employee - Consumer Relations in Commerce Township, MI
    Current Employee - Consumer Relations in Commerce Township, MI

I have been working at HoMedics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Blue Cross Blue Shield- THE ONLY REASON IM HERE!

Cons

Management really doesn't know what they are doing. This place is led by a bunch of men who act like toddler children and throw temper tantrums when they cant get there way! The CEO is null and void...just met him at the Christmas party...I was introduced and I said hi nice to meet you, his response? Im sure it is Really?

My boss is a ticking time bomb, one moment he's too passive to enforce rules and guidelines already established, then the next minute he's bright red and screaming at someone about a policy that was changed literally 1 day before that he neglected to send an email about. Seriously! Its like watching a reality show, im in shock about the way this company is ran. During my interview i was actually told that I will have to find answers about OUR PRODUCTS on google and other websites. No one ever has answers and we are left to make up some bs reason to give to the customer. Then a month later you're being called in the office and asked whyyou told a consumer this. Then you have to remind them of the limited resources that they informed you of! This is the most frustrating job I have ever had and its not the consumers. A couple of people have quit due to the misinformation and blatant lies that we have to tell. Also due to this company not being organized. The company is about as good as the products. Nothing lasts a year!

Consumer relations reps are treated like slaves and our concerns are not even jotted down. We deal with the customers, we are the voice but there is no communicating with product mgrs about the products. Reading others reviews, I see why! The great Alon, doesnt care what
    he produces as long as its cheap and fast!

Hire competent people that can do basic things like read, write and speak proper english! Put more money into researching the products u make and TESTING them instead of having a bowling alley.

Put more into your frontline, consumer relations can make or break this company!

The most dysfunctional business I have worked in my career.

I have been working at HoMedics

Pros

Casual attire, we can wear jeans and snickers

Cons

Owners/executives are extremely tentative and definitely the cause of the company poor results. Senior management' style is very aggressive and shuts employees down. People work in silos and team work is basically non existing. Owners/executives encourage aggressive behavior: military style rather than business style. Opinion based environment, not at all facts driven.

Step down from daily management activities and let competent professionals run the show.