HoMedics

Be The First To
Add Photos

Alon Kaufman

Product Development

ProsInteresting Product. Strong support from the internal partners.

ConsMicro Managing Owner doesn't let people do their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your people do their jobs

Bad culture, no future

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsGood food at the cafeteria

ConsCulture and vision define a company success. There is no vision here: owners spent crazy money on widely advertised investments that drained the company finance only to satisfy their ego for fame and visibility. Culture that encourages aggressive behavior and does not empower management. Unhealty habit of blaming people. Total absence of best practices and process, a company that still does business as in the '80s. Owners have very small town style and lacking professionalism: they are the cause of the company misfortunes. The whole executive team left the company last year as they did not see any reasons to work in such a place anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a job here only if you are unemployed.

Work - Life Balance? What work life balance? It is all work.

ProsDecent medical benefits, No Obamacare here YET.

ConsWork 70 hours one week and get criticized the next for not getting everything done.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to gain experience

ProsOpportunity to learn
    Laid back culture
    Great coworkers

ConsPay is below average
    Limited opportunities for advancement
    In many cases, change and innovation has been inhibited due to the same management has been in place for a very long time

People that can't spell, read or comprehend and a boss that's okay with that.

CR Representative (Current Employee) Commerce Township, MI

ProsBenefits, Great discounts on products, You can not show up and still keep your job LOL

ConsNo resources, NO management, NO advancement.
    I am forced to work next to an individual that cannot read or comprehend english. She will not learn the various products in order to properly assist customers. Then she asks everyone around her for help, which is a bit frustrating, given she's been here for 8 months! When it was reported, the person that reported was reprimanded and management treated her like SHE was the problem and being a bully. So now everyone is quiet and afraid to say something about it. THis has caused a major upset in the department becuase her mistakes make the company look illeterate and it causes everyone else more work.

I heard someone say they were ready to go to the corporate offices on our manager because he allows this to go on. This has made this job so much worse, everyone is quiet and no one likes to speak anymore. It's taken morale down quite a bit. I know of a few people that have been here for awhile, who are looking for employment elsewhere. Upper managment won't allow our manager to hire someone else, so he is afraid to call the woman out on her flaws (for example, she will send an email to a customer that says, "We placed order fir pridict (product), please low 2-4 weeks fir delivry") She actually made a note where she was speaking of a mailman and she typed "male" man. It gets much worse. If you like a company that rewards ignorance and chastises smart, fast, workers that know the job like the back of their hands, than this is the company for you. Also, be prepared to be sexually harrassed, racially discriminated against and disrespected daily!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease ask potential employees to write a complete sentence at least! This is becoming a bit redundant. If you're going to send an email about a Facebook review for an idiot, send an email for the many great reviews we ALL get. You know, the one's that get mailed in, and you think we aren't shown them.

Better be ready to do whatever you're told

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFree products, great place to get some experience

ConsThe owners know more than anyone else in the company. Don't bother having a good idea, you can't do anything if the idea didn't come from one of the owners.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that you can trust. You need to surround yourself with leaders, not people who got promoted because they were good at doing their job 15 years ago.

The most unorganized, unprofessional group 'professionals' ever!

Consumer Relations (Current Employee) Commerce Township, MI

ProsBlue Cross Blue Shield- THE ONLY REASON IM HERE!

ConsManagement really doesn't know what they are doing. This place is led by a bunch of men who act like toddler children and throw temper tantrums when they cant get there way! The CEO is null and void...just met him at the Christmas party...I was introduced and I said hi nice to meet you, his response? Im sure it is Really?

My boss is a ticking time bomb, one moment he's too passive to enforce rules and guidelines already established, then the next minute he's bright red and screaming at someone about a policy that was changed literally 1 day before that he neglected to send an email about. Seriously! Its like watching a reality show, im in shock about the way this company is ran. During my interview i was actually told that I will have to find answers about OUR PRODUCTS on google and other websites. No one ever has answers and we are left to make up some bs reason to give to the customer. Then a month later you're being called in the office and asked whyyou told a consumer this. Then you have to remind them of the limited resources that they informed you of! This is the most frustrating job I have ever had and its not the consumers. A couple of people have quit due to the misinformation and blatant lies that we have to tell. Also due to this company not being organized. The company is about as good as the products. Nothing lasts a year!

Consumer relations reps are treated like slaves and our concerns are not even jotted down. We deal with the customers, we are the voice but there is no communicating with product mgrs about the products. Reading others reviews, I see why! The great Alon, doesnt care what
    he produces as long as its cheap and fast!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire competent people that can do basic things like read, write and speak proper english! Put more money into researching the products u make and TESTING them instead of having a bowling alley.

Put more into your frontline, consumer relations can make or break this company!

Dysfunctional.

ProsYou learn a ton working for this company, there's no question about it. In 3 years I have done work in marketing and product development that I'm really proud of, and in particular I've enjoyed the intense hard work around tradeshows.

Freebies are easy to come by.

The management seems very accommodating of alternative schedules and people working remotely - this is based upon my experience.

ConsYou work A LOT. Evenings and weekends are not off limits, even during a tradeshow. I have attended 11pm meetings while out of town for a show.

The company wastes money in really odd areas (e.g., last minute packaging changes after production has already begun), and penny-pinches in others (e.g., turn in an expense report and you get an email about your dinner receipt not being itemized).

There is lots of changing of mind on projects. It's beyond frustrating.

Creativity is not rewarded - ultimately, the big boss wants things his way, even if trend or the market dictates something else. But if the product you worked on doesn't sell, it's everyone's fault but his.

I've noticed that hard workers are the recipients of the attitude from the big boss, while simultaneously someone else who is lazing the day away will never get called out for anything. Confrontations are misdirected.

I have also found it hard to get even a verbal thank you.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust that the people you hire know what they're doing.
    Give your employees more incentives, whether it be bonuses or quarterly meetings with giveaways - pay attention, you have a lot of unhappy people working there.
    Don't talk behind the backs of your employees to their coworkers.
    Stop dropping F-bombs in meetings.

The most dysfunctional business I have worked in my career.

ProsCasual attire, we can wear jeans and snickers

ConsOwners/executives are extremely tentative and definitely the cause of the company poor results. Senior management' style is very aggressive and shuts employees down. People work in silos and team work is basically non existing. Owners/executives encourage aggressive behavior: military style rather than business style. Opinion based environment, not at all facts driven.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep down from daily management activities and let competent professionals run the show.

Wish I had never heard of them.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros* Ability to work in Jeans and a T-Shirt.
    * Free Product

Cons* My first interview went well and I received a verbal commitment on the spot, but they ended up jerking me around for three weeks with two followup interviews, including one, "A day in the life", which actually was a grill session. Then I was offered little more than half what I was promised. During this time I had turned down better offers.
    * High turnover and understaffed, meaning long hours.
    * Low Pay.
    * Management views Product as a fair alternative to pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreating people like garbage will only keep them around just long enough to jump ship.

Worked for HoMedics? Contribute to the Community!