Hobarama

Profile Unclaimed

Hobarama Reviews

1.9

Hoby Buppert

It's not for everyone - can be fun if you have the right expectations!

I have been working at Hobarama

Pros

There is flexibility. The company is small -can be a part of a lot of things. This can be good and bad; depends on the day. Overall a good experience and learning a lot!

Cons

Management lines are sometimes blurred and direction changes daily which can be disruptive. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement; not a lot of layers. Mood changes recently wtih economy and a lot of pressure on sales.

Listen to your customers.

What I thought was a great company to work for turned into a nightmare!!!

Former Employee - Area Manager
    Former Employee - Area Manager

I worked at Hobarama

Pros

You have freedom to make your own schedue and build great relationships with your various distributors. It is a great product that has alot of potential if marketed and promoted properly.

Cons

The constant hounding for distributor orders. It does not speak well of your company when you have your sales reps begging for pallet orders. If your sales managers are executing in the field by opening up new accounts and getting the product on the shelves. What is the company going to do to get the consumer to walk into an account to specifically look for and purchase BAWLS? That is not the responsibility of your sales managers.

Get your head out of you behinds and swallow your pride. Listen to your sales force, the ones who are out in the field everyday and know what the retailers/consumers are looking for. Build better relationships with your distributors directly because the majority of them cannot stand you as a company. Sending out threatening emails to the entire sales force is not a good way to motivate them to sell your product. It wouldn't hurt to congratulate your sales managers on a job well done either. Look at the big picture and not just at who didn't order last month. I am amazed that you have been in business for 13 years because you do not have a clue.

THE GRASS IS NOT ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Hobarama

Pros

I have found that working at Hobarama is not different than any other work place in terms of daily BS, which in my view, it comes mostly from disgruntled and/or unhappy employees who blame anything and everyone else for their shortcomings, but themselves.

So far my employment at Hobarama has not being a horrible experience. While there is plenty of room for imprvement in varioius sectors, it is far better place than say...unemployment.

Cons

The only con I can think of is, you cannot run a company based on what mood you woke up in.

Pay attention to the "little" people.

Where is Hoby Now

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Hobarama

Pros

The freedom to work from home and meet great people in the same feild to maybe futher your career in the beverage indusrty.

Cons

I agree with everything above. I have never been treated so poorly from a company in my life. The owner will disappear for months on end because he gets stressed out. when he does come back he expects everything to be corrected with out even addressing the real issues. I disagree with one of the postings saying its better that unemployment because it just a matter of time.

Listen to the employees that are left. Return calls to the distrubitors, if you ingore the issues they just dont go away.

Stay away!

I have been working at Hobarama

Pros

There is no pros about this place or its owners

Cons

Everything! owners are one track minded! will never listen to anything, but what is in there head! only come here if you want to end a career before it begins

no one can give them advice! they only listen to the voices in there head and due to that it will bring down there house

Worst company to work for.

I have been working at Hobarama

Pros

This is a really tough question. Somewhat flexible work schedule with opportunity to develop relationships in the industry would be the best pro.

Cons

I agree with all other negative review on this site. CEO and COO have blinders on and have no idea what it's like to be in sales. They send threatening emails everyday thinking it will motivate the sales staff. Distributors get very annoyed - especially because they do not follow through with incentives CEO and COO promise distributors. My company amex card was frequently declined when out on business trips due to lack of company funds - completely embarassing. Senior management likes to take credit for all of your work.

I have no advice for management. I have no sympathy for anything that happens to this disfunctional cash poor operation.

Hoby Buppert and Christina Staalstrom - Incompetent and Disfunctional "Leaders"

Former Employee - Former Sales - Couldn't Get Out Soon Enough
    Former Employee - Former Sales - Couldn't Get Out Soon Enough

I worked at Hobarama

Pros

Enjoyed traveling throughout the country for work

Cons

CEO and COO are completely incompetent. Corporate office does not give support to any reps working in the field. Terrible commication between corporate office and reps. There is no room for advancement, nor are you praised for a job well done. CEO and COO do not follow through with incentives promised to employees or distributors. Bonuses are not paid out in full or properly. There is no support, advice or feedback given to employees. Once territories are established throughout the country, sales employees are let go. I was one of the only ones to get out on my own terms before getting fired. Sales team has been let go one by one on a monthly basis.

Senior management does not exist. This company is run primarily by the CEO and COO, who are husband and wife.

Take the job as a last option

Former Employee - Boss
    Former Employee - Boss

I worked at Hobarama

Pros

Freedom to look for another job. The flexibility to work from home, and to travel when times were good. I have meet great people while working for Bawls although we all have been let go we continue to keep in touch.

Cons

Everything from the start. Lack of support from management and owners. The company does not support the sales team nor do they support the distributors that house the brand. The owners expect the distributors to take product every month and do not want to co-op pricing. The owners view is that the distributors work for them and that they should be privileged to sell Bawls. Bawls is a great drink but if they continue to run it into the ground it won’t be around much longer. Any samples taken or damaged product was taken out of the bottom line from your commission. They try to push close to out of date product to the distributors and when it hits the expiration date they expect the distributor to eat the loss.

There is no senior management.