Hobart West Group

Updated October 6, 2014
Updated October 6, 2014
2.7

Alexander J. Gallo

Good place to start a career

Former Employee - Administrative in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Administrative in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Hobart West Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co- workers helpful. I learned a lot in a very easy going environment.

Cons

Benefits not that competitive, salary was ok for entry level positions. Not much room for advancement

Not the best place to work

Current Employee - N/A in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - N/A in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hobart West Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Mostly hard working employees, compensation is decent. I enjoy working with my colleagues. We're all very friendly with one another and will, from time to time, go to happy hours and movie breaks.

Cons

This company not only has horrible benefits and no raises but it also has no standards in terms of on-boarding and training which has led to low morale within the sales teams and support staff. Not to mention management is always stressed out so support staff is likewise. Most offices are so client oriented that we don't even have a break room and are often forced to eat at our desks. Also, there is no private area for new mothers to pump! They also don't have enough time off for maternity leave. Not a woman friendly environment.

With so much focus on the clients, maybe pay a little more attention to the morale of your support staff

Limited growth

Former Employee - Site Manager in Newburgh, NY
    Former Employee - Site Manager in Newburgh, NY

I worked at Hobart West Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A very small company that does not micro manage it's staff. Allows you to be independent and strive for excellence.

Cons

Limited upward growth and ability to advance. No local sister offices to learn from. Not enough clients to work with.

Be more hands on and involved with your employees

A constant experience!

Former Employee - Site Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Site Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Hobart West Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The Hobart West Group enabled me to hone my administrative ability to its highest quality. Under the direction of Pat McGowan, l learned, shared, and have a fondness for the staff and their ability to see in you what you wouldn't have ordinarily realized.

Cons

I was laid off due to budget cuts.

Continue using your expertise in finding the right worker for the right position.

Lack of communication causes dissatisfaction

Current Employee - Technical Support Services Operator in Davis, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Services Operator in Davis, CA

I have been working at Hobart West Group

Pros

Litigation support is an interesting field if you like technology and want to see it used properly in the legal industry. Hobart West Group does staffing, depositions and is starting in the litigation support industry.

Cons

Poor organization, poor communication, poor use of available technologies. People from different departments, even when required to interact, cannot communicate with one another. Big gaping holes in communication within the entire company, management's lack of understanding and appreciation for what their employees are doing. Lack of qualified managers. People have grandiose plans for what they would like to see happen, then no plans for implementation.

Sometimes you have to take a loss for a few quarters to see a long term return on your investment. Your employees make the product you sell, treat them like they are important.