Hoerbiger

Updated August 13, 2014

2.7

CEO

great company

Pros

good environment to work in

Cons

very slow in advancing employees

lower your ties to Europe

Decent pay for the pain and suffering

Pros

Salary and benefits are competitive.

Cons

No leadership, no direction, ever changing plan except to cut their way to profitability, even better at hiring people with zero knowledge or experience. Not sure how they remain in business.

Get a clue and maybe read the survey responses that we waste so much time and money on each year.

Hoerbiger

Current Employee - Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Good pay, flexible schedule & people

Cons

Very Low Moral, bad mangement, critical

Lack of management has led to dismal fiscal result

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company Horrible management

Current Employee - Everything  in  La Porte, TX
    Current Employee - Everything in La Porte, TX

Pros

Good health insurance, good work hours

Cons

Too many politics in the office everyone is out to stab everyone in the back. Management including HR are horrible. The person they have in HR needs to learn what HR really is. It's sad when you know more then she does and she doesn't even do her own work that she was hired for. All of the employees for years wonder if they have a job the next day. Too many lay offs every year. They hire their favorites from outside and then hire their children to work their as well. The Sales department need to learn how to sell instead of laying off the hard workers lay off the salesmen. Peoples paycheck always get messed up that is the fault of both corporate and local. Its been that way for years. Too much work load and not enough pay. The management have been hiring inexperienced people and paying them way more then the experiences employees.

The company itself is wonderful the management and the micromanagement is horrible. Europe really needs to come in and clean house.

Good Experience as an Intern

Current Employee - Industrial Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Houston, TX

Pros

Good hands on experience for starters and as an intern

Cons

Worst hourly pay ever seen with lots of office politics

Too much interference from overseas Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Some very great, knowledgeable employees. Great local management. Independent, business casual working environment.

Cons

All talk and no action by Global Management. No one is held accountable for lack of performance, or rewarded for superior performance. Minimal raises and no bonuses. They don't pay well enough in some positions to hire qualified people, so everyone else suffers because of that incompetence. No career advancement in the U.S. They talk about values all the time - but it is just lip-service.

Appreciate your employees' work ethic and knowledge base. Reward them - before you lose even more great people to competitors.

Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pompano Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

Pros

Stable growing organization, many long term employees

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind

Keep moving towards new technology

Slow Work

Pros

Workload is not bad
    No OT required
    Pay well

Cons

Everything moves slowly
    Generally not a lot of work
    hiring process is a mess

Great Pay, Terrible Management

Former Employee - Harness Assembler  in  Girard, OH
    Former Employee - Harness Assembler in Girard, OH

Pros

I worked for Hoerbiger (or rather, a Hoerbiger susidiary, Altronic LLC), for six weeks as part of a contract assignment. During that time I met some great people, learned quite a bit about the nuts and bolts (so to speak) of the engineering industry, and earned an excellent wage. Hours were consistent and plentiful, my coworkers almost uniformly knew what they were doing and were happy to teach what they knew to a relative novice such as myself, and there were plenty of opportunities for overtime. With locations peppered across the US, one could certainly find worse companies to work for than Hoerbiger.

Cons

Most of the downsides I experienced during my time at Hoerbiger pertained more to the specific subsidiary of Altronic than Hoerbiger itself. Minor issues such as difficulty finding an appropriate parking space and rough hours (4am to 1:30pm) were there, but without question Hoerbiger's weakest point is the quality of its management. The room supervisor of the department I worked in was shockingly ignorant of the basic procedures of harness assembly, to the point where I had to learn everything I was initially taught over again from my coworkers. There was quite a bit of political skulduggery, with I found rather surprising given the physical nature of the work, and the general consensus among fellow coworkers was that promotion and assignments were given not on a basis of merit, but rather on a basis of which employees were personally favored by members of management. At first I was skeptical of this, but throughout my time at Altronic I had to conclude it was indeed the case.

Managers that are promoted on a basis of friendship or nepotism rather than merit are guaranteed to produce underwhelming results. A leader that knows only how to berate and gossip is no leader at all. Also, for ease of parking access, parking should either be formally assigned or formally specified as 'free-for-all'.

Job security was always an issue.

Former Employee - Drafter  in  La Porte, TX
    Former Employee - Drafter in La Porte, TX

Pros

Most of the people were easy to get along with. Knowing I was right out of school, some coworkers were patient with me and helped me.

Cons

They were always changing requirements, and it wasn't fair to change them and expect me to know without telling me, then get on to me about it. Very unprofessional. Plus they hired me on knowing what level I was at with great pay, but then a couple of months later decided I wasn't at the level they wanted and cut my pay. Again, very unprofessional.

Get your stuff together.

Worked for Hoerbiger? Contribute to the Community!