Holder Construction

Thomas M. Holder

Great, Innovative Construction Company

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Holder Construction full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Holder works in some of the most exciting space in construction today. They have a truly innovative culture and push the boundaries of technology to provide high performing buildings and processes. They provide tons of training, move you around to different operating groups so you compound knowledge quickly and provide tons of opportunity to travel, should you so choose. Competitive pay as well.

Cons

Pretty demanding projects, plus you work projects across all time zone remotely, so can be very inconvenient starting EST at 8 am and finishing PST at 8pm.

Incorporate more vision to younger associates.

Great Company

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Holder Construction full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Strong culture of learning & growing. They are willing to help you succeed and enhance your career step by step. Great internal mentoring program. Great work environment and pay. Good mixture of professional individuals. Senior management is friendly and accessible. They specialize in many different types of buildings & facilities.

Cons

None - but be prepared to work hard and earn your keep.

Best company I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Salisbury, MD
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Salisbury, MD

I have been working at Holder Construction full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very family friendly environment with a desire to help employees grow and excel in the company. Every employee gets a bonus in December which is very nice! The company is also very focused on being fit and healthy which I love!

Cons

I would prefer to be paid every two weeks but we are paid on the 1st and the 15th. I understand this is a more cost effective.

I can't think of any at this time. My experience has been wonderful!

Good ole' boys club lives.

Former Employee - Labor Foreman in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Labor Foreman in Richmond, VA

I worked at Holder Construction full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Loved being on the jobsite. As a Labor Foreman I was able to interact with 50+ subcontractors as a liaison gaining valuable insight which allowed me to also teach my subordinates.

Cons

Superintendents I worked with ignored certain situations that were not beneficial to the company to spiral out of control and allowed a hostile environment. They talk a good game, however, no room for advancement unless you're already upper management. On my second day it was suggested to me to write everything down...which I did.

Mr. Holder, please take the opportunity to find out what's really happening on your job sites.

Awful

Former Employee - Field Assistant in Cheyenne, WY
    Former Employee - Field Assistant in Cheyenne, WY

I worked at Holder Construction full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Better then watching TV at home. Trailers air-conditioned. Safety culture encouraged, if not practiced.

Cons

NO work/life balance, compensation below average, disorganization, frequent transferrals, poor workmanship tolerated or even encouraged, not enough innovation, too many meetings and not enough working.

When you assemble a team to tackle a project, be sure to have a couple of seasoned veterans heading it.