Holiday Inn Club Vacations Reviews

1. Terrible culture.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kissimmee, FL

I have been working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations

Pros

Short hours. Decent SPIFS I you sell.

Cons

Deceptive selling tactics encouraged. Owners mostly unhappy.

Treat your reps better. Only a "chosen few" get treated with any respect.

2. Fairly new brand in comparison to competitors with a lot of growth opportunity.

I have been working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations

Pros

Great opportunities to grow quickly within the company. Company and brand is growing quickly and expanding business.

Cons

Limited opportunity to advance in certain departments if your not careful on which type of job you pursue with this company. My advice is choose the right department you see yourself in long term and embrace development and communicate your willingness to grow with your leader.

Keep doing what your doing but try to embrace the employees that express strong interest in growing with the company even if the employee sees advancement in another role or department.

3. Great company but short sided, untrustworthy, leadership

I worked at Holiday Inn Club Vacations

Pros

Company programs show they value their employees.

Cons

Leadership makes poor decisions, are disloyal, and untrustworthy.

See above cons.

5. Great career with continued growth opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing and they promote within which is very exciting because it allows myself along with other employees to have the opportunity to continue to grow in our careers! I've met employees that have been with the company 10 plus years and have grown into management positions or have transferred into other departments that have allowed those individuals to start a professional career. I think that if you have employees that have been working with this company for that long then this company must be that great. I've had to jump from company to company because I wasn't happy in those jobs. I can honestly say that I'm really happy here because of a great job with good pay and great managers and coworkers.

Cons

This is the largest timeshare/vacation ownership property worldwide so there is a lot of work to go around. This is however a pro as you have job security.

Management in this company and particularly in my department is very caring towards their employees so I would suggest to keep up the great work! Recognition for a great job done is part of their culture and I love being a part of it.

6. Great training and good benefits; however the culture of the overall business was not for me.

Former Employee - Elite Line Sales Representative in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Former Employee - Elite Line Sales Representative in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, work/life balance, opportunity to earn considerably more money than most other jobs available in the area.

Cons

Seasonal market, sales managers expectations for sales reps to work in the 'grey' area and the unwritten rule of high pressure sales tactics on customers to buy. The 'less is more' approach, when it comes to preparing sales reps with knowledge of how the pricing of vacation packages is structured hinders performance. Lastly knowing various price points in advance would greatly benefit the majority of the sales force. It's a whole lot easier to sell something when you understand how it works!

Be proactive about asking for and implementing feedback from sales reps on the customers wants and needs and how to improve the overall sales cycle process.

7. Unrealistic goals

I worked at Holiday Inn Club Vacations

Pros

Enjoyed working with the employees in a fun sales environment.

Cons

Revolving door of employees. The company has unrealistic sales goals that are almost impossible to meet in the timeshare industry.

Allow new hires to work a little longer instead of letting them go so quickly.

8. Sales is Sales

Former Employee - Call Transfer Agent in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Call Transfer Agent in Orlando, FL

I worked at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Typical Sales position requires a lot of mental stamina in hearing "No" 90% of the time. If you've been in Sales, you expect that! The company does offer an awesome opportunity to make money! They also have been quite "employee friendly" by hosting huge parties and awards dinners!

Cons

It's difficult to sustain the level of Sales achievement necessary to meet and/or exceed your quota - a very high turnover position.

Cut the very high cost of turnover by adjusting Sales Quotas.

9. Great place to start

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

I have been working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people. The company is growing so there is a lot going on which is great for learning. Good corporate events.

Cons

Pay is horrible. I also don't see a lot of promotions within the company. Not a lot of training offered to employees.

Train your people instead of bringing people from the outside. If you give more responsibility to an employee compensate them appropriately.

10. Vacation Telesales

Former Employee - Telesales in Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - Telesales in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Best compensation plan in the business

Cons

They feed their top reps the good leads from the good reservation centers. The East Coast is where the money is, so if you take calls from the Central or West Coast all night then you will work for $8/per hour.
    And like any other timeshare company the reservation agents build a bond with the guest and the guest feels obligated to be transferred to you but then they cut you off as you telling them who you are and why they were transferred and say "no, I'm not interested" and you get paid on conversion (number of sales for the amount of calls you take) or the guest puts their teenager on the phone to take the call.
    Stay away from telesales period! No matter what company.

Put a security camera on your night time managers and you'll see that while the cat is away the mice will play. Seems like you're in the business of hiring and firing; not training and retaining.

11. I love working at Orange Lake Resorts

I have been working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people
    The environment
    The pay
    The training and development opportunities
    The culture

Cons

Currently, the company is growing and there is a lot of moving of offices but it is an exciting time to be here.

n/a