Holiday Inn Club Vacations

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Reviews

Updated October 26, 2014
Updated October 26, 2014

Don Harrill

Great career with continued growth opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is growing and they promote within which is very exciting because it allows myself along with other employees to have the opportunity to continue to grow in our careers! I've met employees that have been with the company 10 plus years and have grown into management positions or have transferred into other departments that have allowed those individuals to start a professional career. I think that if you have employees that have been working with this company for that long then this company must be that great. I've had to jump from company to company because I wasn't happy in those jobs. I can honestly say that I'm really happy here because of a great job with good pay and great managers and coworkers.

Cons

This is the largest timeshare/vacation ownership property worldwide so there is a lot of work to go around. This is however a pro as you have job security.

Management in this company and particularly in my department is very caring towards their employees so I would suggest to keep up the great work! Recognition for a great job done is part of their culture and I love being a part of it.

Unrealistic goals

I worked at Holiday Inn Club Vacations

Pros

Enjoyed working with the employees in a fun sales environment.

Cons

Revolving door of employees. The company has unrealistic sales goals that are almost impossible to meet in the timeshare industry.

Allow new hires to work a little longer instead of letting them go so quickly.

Great training and good benefits; however the culture of the overall business was not for me.

Former Employee - Elite Line Sales Representative in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Former Employee - Elite Line Sales Representative in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits, work/life balance, opportunity to earn considerably more money than most other jobs available in the area.

Cons

Seasonal market, sales managers expectations for sales reps to work in the 'grey' area and the unwritten rule of high pressure sales tactics on customers to buy. The 'less is more' approach, when it comes to preparing sales reps with knowledge of how the pricing of vacation packages is structured hinders performance. Lastly knowing various price points in advance would greatly benefit the majority of the sales force. It's a whole lot easier to sell something when you understand how it works!

Be proactive about asking for and implementing feedback from sales reps on the customers wants and needs and how to improve the overall sales cycle process.

Sales is Sales

Former Employee - Call Transfer Agent in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Call Transfer Agent in Orlando, FL

I worked at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Typical Sales position requires a lot of mental stamina in hearing "No" 90% of the time. If you've been in Sales, you expect that! The company does offer an awesome opportunity to make money! They also have been quite "employee friendly" by hosting huge parties and awards dinners!

Cons

It's difficult to sustain the level of Sales achievement necessary to meet and/or exceed your quota - a very high turnover position.

Cut the very high cost of turnover by adjusting Sales Quotas.

Great place to start

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

I have been working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people. The company is growing so there is a lot going on which is great for learning. Good corporate events.

Cons

Pay is horrible. I also don't see a lot of promotions within the company. Not a lot of training offered to employees.

Train your people instead of bringing people from the outside. If you give more responsibility to an employee compensate them appropriately.

Vacation Telesales

Former Employee - Telesales in Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - Telesales in Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best compensation plan in the business

Cons

They feed their top reps the good leads from the good reservation centers. The East Coast is where the money is, so if you take calls from the Central or West Coast all night then you will work for $8/per hour.
    And like any other timeshare company the reservation agents build a bond with the guest and the guest feels obligated to be transferred to you but then they cut you off as you telling them who you are and why they were transferred and say "no, I'm not interested" and you get paid on conversion (number of sales for the amount of calls you take) or the guest puts their teenager on the phone to take the call.
    Stay away from telesales period! No matter what company.

Put a security camera on your night time managers and you'll see that while the cat is away the mice will play. Seems like you're in the business of hiring and firing; not training and retaining.

I love working at Orange Lake Resorts

I have been working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people
    The environment
    The pay
    The training and development opportunities
    The culture

Cons

Currently, the company is growing and there is a lot of moving of offices but it is an exciting time to be here.

n/a

None

Current Employee - Project Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Senior management is a little wishie wishie

None

Promises,promises.....broken promises

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Brand name,longevity,locations of the resorts...

Cons

Pay suck,hard to figure out when and for whar one gets paid,owning commission monies,draw they take at once, one thing ,second if iam employee ,why i have to give pay back?? So either employee or contractor..in Nevada thats a case for class action lawsuit( Grandview is prime example)...

Under promise,over deliver,buddies....do what you preach..lol

Employee Mill

Former Employee - Timeshare Sales Representative in Gatlinburg, TN
    Former Employee - Timeshare Sales Representative in Gatlinburg, TN

I worked at Holiday Inn Club Vacations

Pros

Not much, good money if you sell, but be prepared for them to rip you off on your pay anyways.
    Nice work environment, but Holiday Inn Corporate has no idea what they are doing at the Gatlinburg site.

Cons

I worked there the longest of anyone so far (9 months total). I made $13,000 in 9 months and I made the company over $250,000. They are very greedy.

Very High turnover

You feel like a sleazy timeshare salesman (because you are selling timeshare)

Extremely high pressure at the mandatory weekly one on one sales performance review, even if you are exceeding your goals.

You have to rip people off to make a living.

Start paying attention to this site.
    Keep your management team and sales reps instead of just letting them go. You already have a terrible reputation in this town.