Holiday Retirement

Holiday Retirement Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Holiday Retirement President & CEO Kai Hsiao

Kai Hsiao

Pros
  • I love the community and what it offers our residents and love working with seniors(in 28 reviews)

• It's great to be able to in some small way make a difference in the lives of people in their later years(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Read this upper management do something about your power hungry regionals(in 49 reviews)

• You work long hours and tired by the time your day off hits(in 26 reviews)

Stressful like most sales jobs, however very fulfilling.

Sales Leader and Mentor (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsThe pay is great and insurance is wonderful. I believe that working with seniors and helping them transition to the next phase in life is most rewarding. I very much enjoy the team environment at the property level and the ability to work in the community and build solid relationships. I look forward to he growth opportunity within the company and the support I receive from my region director and regional sales leader.

ConsLike most sales jobs the stress sometimes is difficult to manage, there are many different spinning wheels within the company that make it tick. I believe that every job is what you make it and no job is perfect.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember what made you one of the most successful and profitable senior organizations
    The resident. A clear message to the regional staff that can be clearly filtered down to the property level.

Love it

Server (Former Employee) Lakeland, FL

ProsI got to serve my great Aunt dinner and make some great connections here.

ConsLimited hours, work on holidays

They say one thing and do another

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLove working with seniors and problem solving with them. Great people at the community to work with.

ConsCompany expects too much from on-site management teams and runs them down. There was such high turn over of management that residents were unhappy and always wanted to know what was going on. Upper management micromanaged onsite team to the point of discouragement and fear of jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower your employees with positive things instead of fear. Micromanagement causes self doubt and lack of confidence. "Holiday Touch" just seems to be something you say and not something you really mean, especially to the residents. Its all about the almighty dollar and not the residents.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Proud of our COMMUNITY, our TEAM, our REGION !!!

Community Manager (Current Employee)

ProsBeing part of an overall Great Community that has pride and welcomes everyone! The residents and what our Team does daily to truly CARE for each of them. The Family of our Residents can rest assured that their loved one is Happy with this Lifestlye they have earned. The everyday communication within our Community.
    The true "HOLIDAY TOUCH"

ConsThe true lack of Corporates understanding of the Community level ability to run their business. The Communities that are successful should not be micro managed by the Regional team or the District. It is understandable that struggling Teams need more guidance. The Regional level should KNOW what is happening in a Community that needs that extra guidance, by actually spending a day or two there. We have not seen our Regional Team but once in the last 8 months. That tells me no news is good news. The Regional up to Corporate need to REWARD or acknowledge the TEAMS that work. We all need recognition. You want us to recognize and coach our teams, yet we are never afforded the same respect. The trickle down effect from the TOP will help everyone's ATTITUDES and Performance ! Management Teams used to get appreciation certificates and an extra perk now and then. If you want the High performing Management Teams to not get so discouraged they have thoughts of leaving ... give them a share of the success.. you get what you pay for. Same as the Regional Team gets rewards do the same for the ground level Community teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementPLEASE take the time to talk to the successful Community Managers and LISTEN ! Help us to help YOU!
    We want Our Company to succeed for all. Promote from within.

Worst Sweat Shop in the industry

Community Manager (Former Employee) Riverside, CA

ProsWonderful residents. Concept is great just not the companies true goal.

ConsLong hours. Expected to call Seniors on every holiday to talk them into leaving there homes for the "holiday touch" what a joke

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your 98% quit rate, how blind can you be,

Better to work in a field picking cotton

Community Manager (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsNone. Stay away. You will work with morons and so sad to watch them rip off sweet old people out of their life savings.

ConsEverything. Stay away. This company is run by guttersnipes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKill yourselves.

If you thrive on abuse, horrific hours, inconsistency , cut throat management ....you've found your dream company!

Community Sales Leader (Former Employee)

ProsMeeting and working with seniors and their families was an awesome experience.

ConsSo much negative information to write it would take too long.This company has the mentality that they will work their employees to death and expect them to go the extra mile without one word or appreciation. It's all about " what can you do for me tomorrow?" They have no interest in the welfare of their employees and they manage by intimidation. I had 7 different bosses in one year. Average work week was 60-80 hours a week and it was expected!!!! The left hand and right hand had no clue what the other was doing. Rules changed on a daily basis. Corporate pitted managers and sales leaders against each other. Best advice: Run, run, run!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to confession and beg for forgiveness. It WILL catch up with you eventually!!!

enrichment coordinator assisted livinf

Life Enrichment Coordinator Assisted Living (Current Employee)

Prosresidents, staff almost all working toghether. Quality of life work/Life Balance. Great benes :). all the poeple that say no one cares or listens. Do you do your job. I started a little over a year ago have received employee of month and Service of Exellence award.

ConsPay could be better

community Manager

Community Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosonsite living, monthly bonuses, benefits, free meals,being family with many tenants

ConsOther team members, micro managing, this company only cares about the bottom line, cold calls

Advice to Senior ManagementBottom line shouldnt be all your focus on!

Holiday Touch? just what is that ?

ProsThe Residents hands down. I will do anything for them I do not care what the guide lines are they pay my wages so you know where you can stick your guide lines

Conshaving to tell my residents NO!!!! I have been thur so many Managers and Co's but the ones I have now are by far the worse I have never known two people that can lie so much and get a way with it . I go to work everyday sick not knowing if that is the day I get the pink slip I stay for my residents I work for them not the company and it's pretty bad when your leader has done things and said things that a normal staff member would have lost their job all they get is a slap on the hand .

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your not a people person This is not the Job for you

Worked for Holiday Retirement? Contribute to the Community!