Holiday Retirement Reviews

Reset

Sales Leader

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The "pros" for working for this company are like finding a needle in a haystack.

Cons

Cons....the most obvious would be the idiots they have hired to run this company. NO work/life balance at all. The changes in the company come roughly every 4 hours. It's insane.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't even know where to begin. I guess the first thing to do is get rid of ALL your C-Level execs. That would be an excellent start.

Worst Company EVER

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Holiday Retirement (More than a year)

Pros

The residents. They deserve better than they get. Other than that, there were none. A bitter disappointment.

Cons

Move ins at any cost. Being on the phone all live long day with zero resident interaction. I wasn't allowed to eat in the dining room, food was brought into the office to consume, while making the next phone call. SEVERAL conference calls per day - with the same sad dialogue. You aren't working hard enough, fast enough to get these people in! Shame on you!

Advice to Management

Get a clue you greedy, self serving low life's. Stop hiring lying, thieving RD's who like to fudge the numbers and look the other way when false move ins are being recorded by self serving, narcissistic managers. With you it is all about the bottom line. Bill Colson is rolling in his grave.

Human Resources Responses

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Branford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Branford, CT

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time

Pros

Vast majority of residents wonderful to know.

Cons

Unreasonable expectations, along with everything else.

Advice to Management

Stop using out of touch rhetoric to address issues. It solves nothing and only confirms the old saying, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all Doubt."

Do NOT work here!!

Current Employee - Co-Manager
    Current Employee - Co-Manager

Pros

The residents! They are all that matters. Nothing else I can say.

Cons

If you don't mind working 24/7, have to do everything in the building while no one else shows up for work, all while getting little pay, then this is the job for you. Worst job I have had. No opportunity for career growth.

Advice to Management

Have one management team, not 2. Have the managers work 8-5, Monday -Friday and not live on site. You will keep more managers and not have all the termoil!

manager

Pros

great emloyees, love the workforce

Cons

too many old poeple, that can not make decisions

Advice to Management

hire more young people

Jun 29, 2015 – Human Resources Representative

We take great pride in our diverse workforce, and our leaders are faced with making many difficult decisions. The answer to making tough decisions has nothing to do with age.

Look at Indeed.com to see more

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The residents is the ONLY good thing about living and/or working here.

Cons

Management, micromanaging, meetings 5 times a day, sales tactics, dishonesty, crazy hours, lack of integrity, disrespectful, inconsiderate, insensitive, salary sounds decent but it's not after you find out the truth that is not divulged. You are NEVER off work! Total disregard for employees & residents on every level. So sad.

Advice to Management

Read all your reviews...especially on Indeed.com. These reviews should tell you that business is not being ran properly. Nor, does Holiday value employees. Your turn over rate should be a HUGE clue that management is not doing things right. You have many compassionate and loving people that come to work for you for the right reasons. Not to mention, very few people have this gift of working with Seniors. However, you can't retain them for more than 1-2 yrs. Obviously, you aren't listening and you don't care what your employees are saying. It's all about BOTTOM LINE for you. I can tell you what had happened to many companies with this same thought process, and guess what? They are no longer in business! When you have hundreds of reviews of employee's that say almost the exact same thing, you would think you would change your ways fast. It's amazing to me that these type of companies think they can get away with it. Do you honestly think this business will be blessed? NOT! These Seniors deserve more. If you run the business on this principle...with honesty and integrity, it would be a blessing to many residents and employees for many years to come. Take care of the people who are taking care of your residents and it will come back to you. If not, Holiday Retirement will be the place everyone will know NOT TO GO LIVE OR WORK AT!

Jul 21, 2015 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's very unfortunate to hear your dissatisfaction with Holiday Retirement. We genuinely strive to compassionately care of our residents and treat our associates ... More

8. Benefits at Holiday

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Venice, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Venice, FL

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were good benefits at Holiday. The HR staff is great. The ability to get to travel to other Holiday Communities and stay there was wonderful.

Cons

I really can't think of anything negative about their benefits.

Advice to Management

Hire a SERVER to pour coffee instead of making the Managers do it.

Jun 15, 2015 – Human Resources Representative

We are excited to hear you are pleased with your benefits package because we take great pride in providing our associates with a lifestyle not found anywhere else in the industry.

Nothing Changes - So Sad

Former Employee - Community Manager in Santa Rosa, CA
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at Holiday Retirement full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We loved the seniors. Serving them was our joy. We appreciated our co workers. Many of them shared our dedication for the residents. This was a labor of love. Still get letters from a few residents who are still alive.

Cons

Most mis-managed and corrupt corporation we ever experienced. We served over 3 years in multiple locations as assigned. We were awarded the highest commendations from Holiday for performance, achievement and results. The corporate management literally sucks the life and health out of its employees. Get as much life insurance as you can afford via the benefits. Likely you or your partner will collect.

Advice to Management

Save your condesending robotic response. You don't listen. You don't care. No changes or improvements have appeared in the two years since we left. I only reviewed this site because someone asked me about Holiday. Six years after we started and it is no better. Glad ot be gone

10. Shuttle bus driver

Current Employee - Shuttle Bus Driver in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Shuttle Bus Driver in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Holiday Retirement part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Comfortable, not a lot of pressure, work at my own pace, free food on workdays, safe feeling reasonable wages.

Cons

Wage raises are minimal, frequent local management changes, little prospect for advancement, only lip service paid to employee suggestions

Advice to Management

Have semi-monthly meetings with employees to get their input. They actually do the job so hence are most knowledgeable on what is needed.

Jun 15, 2015 – Human Resources Representative

This is a great suggestion that I will forward to the Regional leadership in your area. Thank you for taking the time to share this.

Mis Understood

Former Employee - Community Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Holiday Retirement (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the residents was a great experience.

Cons

Need to be more in charge of the kitchen to improve food service. It was not anything like you learned in training. They are all about the money, residents are forgotten as soon as they sign that lease, just make sure they stay 90 days !!!! Could be so much better.

Advice to Management

Walk a week in our shoes, upper management could not do it, they would freak out We worked 2 months alone, why didn't upper management pitch in ????

Jun 29, 2015 – Human Resources Representative

I'm sorry you've had a negative experience working for Holiday, and we will take your advice into consideration. We suggest sharing your experience in a constructive and positive manner with your ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed