Holiday Stationstores

CEO

Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Holiday Stationstores full-time for more than a year

Pros

room for advancement in many areas

Cons

training staff can be challenging

none

If you are willing to work hard this is the place for you.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Holiday Stationstores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Guarinteed pay increases. Flexible schedule. Lots of help. Time and a half on holidays. All shifts available to work. Discount on gas.

Cons

Flexible schedule makes for random and varying shifts. You do work hard for not alit of money. Other gasstations (like qwik trip) have benefits for part time and higher pay.

You're awesome

Great company with excellent leadership

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - General Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Holiday Stationstores full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family owned company that treats employees fairly. Demonstrates strong business ethics and truly cares about its customers.

The company recognizes strong performance and tends to promote from within.

Cons

Anyone can state cons about any company for a variety of reasons. Holiday is an excellent employer and I recommend them if you are looking for a job in retail

Keep up the good work

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience with Holiday has been enjoyably challenging with great opportunities to advance.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Holiday Stationstores full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Holiday is a stable and reliable company with reasonable benefits, excellent advancement opportunities and strong leadership with a forward look to the future.

Cons

The corporate politics can be challenging. Vacation time is reasonable once you begin to max out. The tight staffing makes it challenging to use the vacation time earned,

I would recommend encouraging more personal development training opportunities to better prepare people for future opportunities.

They will steal your soul

Former Employee - Shift Leader
    Former Employee - Shift Leader

I worked at Holiday Stationstores full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Merch and gas discount, 401k, free pop and coffee while on duty.

Cons

High turnover, employees are nothing but a number to the higher ups, low pay. I worked here for 14 years and wasn't even making $11 an hour by the end, or promoted past shift leader or offered more until I told them I was quitting. And then they hire a pretty little 22 year old to be the manager. RIdiculous! They keep trying to compete with Kwik Trip in their food offerings but don't incorporate anything else KT does like treat their human capital better.

Treat all your employees better, not just the managers. A better starting wage will pay off in the end by creating happier employees. Happier employees stay longer. Quit trying to be like KT and either follow their model or return to your roots, because now, Holiday is just another patriotic color schemed gas station and is quickly becoming the K-mart of gas stations.

It's hard work with little benefits.

Former Employee - Asssisant Manager
    Former Employee - Asssisant Manager

I worked at Holiday Stationstores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to meet a lot of interesting people, who can give you strong business connections within the community.

Cons

You work very hard all day long, with little to no recognition. The amount you get paid as an assistant manager is insulting. For what you are required to do, and with such little training, the pay is insulting.

Support your employees, encourage them to stay with the company instead of pushing them to preform at a lower level when you keep adding new policy that is ineffective and prohibits them to provide the level of customer service you desire. Kwik Trip is coming to where I live, they treat there employees better than you do, and have more staff. You need to change before they buy you.

Good money, lots of hours, high stress

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Brainerd, MN
    Current Employee - General Manager in Brainerd, MN

I have been working at Holiday Stationstores full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Got to meet a lot of people, work with vendors, and the public. Easy to move up in the company if you do your job and are willing to relocate.

Cons

Lots of hours. Managers are required to work 50 hours per week minimum. If you cant fill a shift or have a call in you need to work. You're salaried so basically work for free. If you work 80 hours one week you are still required to work at least 50 the next. Tight labor budgets don't allow you to hire many full time employees, part time only pays a little above minimum so you don't have many long term people. Very little time for personal life. You must be available 24/7. I was given a corrective action for not responding to a power outage at 2:30 AM after working all day and needing to be back at 6AM the next day.

Stop the threats! I would still be there if it wasn't for all the policies. How can I control what a cashier does when I'm not working? Something is said about a company that is always hiring, and cant keep employees. Over 500 stores and over 10% without managers.

The good the bad and the ugly

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Holiday Stationstores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent hours. Great co workers

Cons

Payroll system. The payroll system managed to mess up my double time pay and corporate payroll department refuses tp fix it. It is complete payroll fraud. Store manager will not go to bat for my paycheck since theirs is right and does not want to stir the pot. Schedules change with your approval by people switching shifts.

Look who you have in leadership positions and those who deal with payroll. Fix the major flaw in the payroll management system. Pay me my wages due.

Good first job

I worked at Holiday Stationstores part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Holiday was a wonderful place to work while I was in school. Holiday was also very good for people with a family

Cons

Do more hands on training with new employee's so they understand the processes

Worry more about your employees personal issues and don't write people up for stupid reasons that employees can't control

Fast paced customer service business

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Holiday Stationstores

Pros

I enjoyed working there because of my co workers and the fact the place is fast paced environment.

Cons

Some co workers aren't as reliable and some customers aren't as respectful.

Advice would be to ensure when hiring employees is that their there for the right reasons.

Worked for Holiday Stationstores? Contribute to the Community!