Holiday Valley Ski Resort

Updated Apr 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Place to Work!

Holiday Valley Training Center (Current Employee)

Pros-My job is to ski
    -Free season pass for me and my family
    -Great customers and great program to work for

Cons-Not the best money
    -Not a lot of room for growth
    -Very Early Mornings
    -Compensation for traveling is not the best

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement keeps us in the loop for the most part. Having more opportunities to express ideas would be a nice improvement

Terrible management with no potential of promotion

Multiple Departments (Current Employee) Ellicottville, NY

ProsGreat if your a college student or want to golf and ski for free.

ConsWhere do I start? If they know you have a family you are providing for they will use that against you. They know you have no where else to go especially in such a small town so they pay you the minimum. Rather than promote with in their own company they will bring in a random outsider leaving it up to the department's employees to train their new boss. Also never let them know your ideas because within a year, if they were good they will steal it. The old management needs to change. The ski instructor department is a scam and the pay is always wrong because the lucrative way they They give a lot of the great opportunities to the rich kids of the rich family's that are known around town. Upper management the only position with decent pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and promote within your company. Don't act like your employees aren't good enough to be emailing you. Change the way you pay your instructors. Stop taking advantage of the local people so you can all live in your nice houses on Holiday Valley hill.

Alright for a part time job - Poor place to work full time

Snowboarding Instructor (Former Employee) Ellicottville, NY

Pros- They will pay for you to get PSIA certifications
    - The uniform is lent to you free of charge, unlike many resorts
    - There is a locker room for you to store your stuff
    - Average pay for the work

Cons- If management decides they don't like you, you'll get less work and work that doesn't tip as well
    - For a long time, they were expecting workers to show up and then not paying them if they weren't teaching a lesson

Advice to Senior ManagementLess questionable practices will make for happier employees

Worked for Holiday Valley Ski Resort? Contribute to the Community!