Holland Residential

Holland Residential Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Clyde Holland

Fast Growing Company!

ProsThe usual starting position, Leasing Agent, pays well in comparison to other companies. A strong bonus compensation encourages you to succeed. Generally, their upper upper management has been great. Their is a real sense that they care about their employees. The team based culture leads to real sense of community. Lots of expansion means more job opportunities in the near future.

ConsDepending on your regional manager, you can be set up for success, or struggle with your hands tied by micro management. If you don't want to become a property manager, the opportunities to grow within the company shrink substantially.

Very high turn over rate but good with benifits

Leasing (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThe reason I stayed with Holland for as long as I did was because the benifits were good. You are given a 401k after I think 6 months and the insurance has a lot to offer. The pay was good too.

ConsA very high turn over rate. You get used to one manager and the ways of that manager and before you know it you are either transfered properties or you have a whole new team. The managers are very "clickie" and if they don't like what you have to say or you alltogether then EVERY property manager will know and have a bias opinion of you. Its a very big struggle to be "heard" within the company if you have an issue with a manager. HR is very nice but they are there to just hear you and no results come from what you say and the reginal manager has a typical answer for everything if you try that route. You are asked to reach impossible limits with the tasks handed to you and you get nasty emails a lot due to your manager needing someone to blame for the work not being done and their fear of their manager coming down on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to hearing the employees instead of just knowing you can just find someone else. A lot of the employees have issues with what is happening with there property or manager and quit because when they try to be heard by upper managment, managment makes them feel stupid for even trying.

Facts

Property Manager (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsExceptional co-workers onsite that focus on the same thing.

ConsNo room for advancement, Benefits are lesser each year, profit sharing is promoted but, not receive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I won't work for any other property management companies again. Holland is pretty solid.

On Site (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsFun people, nice properties, opportunity for growth. Depending on your RM is... You will feel supported and valued. Bonus, Clyde Holland is one the nicest, smartest men I have ever met.

ConsWages differ greatly depending on who your VP is and what region you live in. Benefits are expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your associates that you appreciate them more often. Words of affirmation go a long way as do pedicures and kicker bonuses.

Great learning experience

Senior Accountant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat company with awesome employees.

ConsNo appreciation or support from upper management.

Holland Residential Director of Human Resources responded to this review

Apr 21, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience working for Holland. I couldn't agree more that we have awesome employees!!

We always welcome feedback on ways we
    ... More

It was great

Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsCare about there employees and fair wages

ConsI did not have the opportunity to work for them longer

Great Company to work for!

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsManagment cares about their employees, corporate office isn't just a building full of horrible people, they're all great and enjoy having fun at their jobs. LOTS of opportunity for advancement, constantly buying/building properties.

ConsDress code is pretty strict and not always flattering. Lack of training offered.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up better training within the company that is exciting and rewarding. Pay incentives/spiffs/contests.

Great Company to work for with advancement opportunity

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsOpportunity for advancement, people who care about you, fun!

ConsVery high expectations, always a lot to do, need improved computer system

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep promoting from within, get better computers

It all depends on who your upper management is.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Kent, WA

ProsGreat bonus structure, residents are great, most co workers are fun and easy to work with.

ConsYou wont notice your hourly raise on your paycheck..it's that low!! Everyone who works there from RM to Groundskeeper are over worked and under appreciated. Never a good time to take your vacation days, you will never get a weekend off, WAY to much gossip from the upper management. You hear things about other employees that you should never know, They dont seem to care about anything but numbers and will transfer you from property to property without any advanced notice or regard for your schedule outside of work. They dont follow their own core values. They also need to streamline all of the software systems that they use. It becomes redundant and time consuming to enter the same info into 3 different systems. Its a waist of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your employees and realize that they have lives outside of work. Unless they are in a roving position, you have no right to pull them out of their permanent position in which they were hired for and put them wherever you want without talking to them first.If after a year of you cant give them a decent raise, dont give them one at all. 38cents an hour is offensive. Stop gossiping about everyone. If you make promises, keep them. Show some integrity. Basically...FOLLOW THE COMPANIES CORE VALUES!! Good People-Good Business-Customer Service-Have Fun!!!! It's what your employees expect when they sign up because thats what you tell them! Stop spending so much time and energy on watching every little thing and reporting on every little thing. Your employees feel micromanaged to say the least. Simplify!

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThey offer the best commissions and training for office staff in the industry. You feel empowered to do a great job and have fun doing it plus corporate office staff in always available and willing to help. The CEO is genuine. He shook my hand the first time I met him and engaged in conversation, that can be hard to find in a company leader.

ConsUniforms, normal associates work weekends, health benifits

Advice to Senior ManagementStream lining all the programs that we utilize would make for better performance.
    The uniforms feel outdated. Encourage the property managers to conduct team building events for onsite staff.

Worked for Holland Residential? Contribute to the Community!