Holland Residential

Updated December 4, 2014
Updated December 4, 2014
3.5

Clyde Holland

Fabulous Company to work for!

Former Employee - Senior Community Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Community Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Holland Residential full-time

Pros

-Great regional and senior management
    -Support staff want to help onsite staff succeed
    -Fantastic benefits
    -They take great care of their employees

Cons

Not much growth in California

Grow, grow, grow in Cali. Properties and investors in California need a company like this.

Dec 15, 2014Director of Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback about our California region! We currently do have a few new exciting developments in California, and are continuing to expand in that market. The Holland team is full of ... More

Great Opportunity To Grow

Current Employee - Holland Employee
    Current Employee - Holland Employee

I have been working at Holland Residential full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Commissions are great, probably one of the highest I've come across in my few years in PM. Holland is expanding in many cities so there is room for growth. There's several company meet and greets to get to know employees in your region and also seminars out of state so we get to leave the office for a day or so. Sometimes even Clyde joins in, which is great; there's a face to the company.

Cons

Commissions may be great but the pay, sadly, is not. It's one of the lowest I've ever seen when comparing to other PM companies. I sometimes believe they pick and choose who they want to give higher salaries to. I've heard Managers and Leasing Associates complain that they felt short-changed when offered their salaries/raises.

I would advise that the Regionals stop looking at all the emails that are sent from residents to the leasing office, especially if something, such as a service request or resident concern has already been taken care of. It feels like micromanagement which can be pretty annoying.

Also, start your Associates out on a better salary. It's a bit discouraging to see employees at competing companies make more than us. I thought we were better than that.

Dec 15, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about Holland. You are right about our growth across most regions – there is so much to look forward to! This growth leaves a lot of room for ... More

Very high turn over rate but good with benifits

Former Employee - Leasing in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Leasing in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Holland Residential full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The reason I stayed with Holland for as long as I did was because the benifits were good. You are given a 401k after I think 6 months and the insurance has a lot to offer. The pay was good too.

Cons

A very high turn over rate. You get used to one manager and the ways of that manager and before you know it you are either transfered properties or you have a whole new team. The managers are very "clickie" and if they don't like what you have to say or you alltogether then EVERY property manager will know and have a bias opinion of you. Its a very big struggle to be "heard" within the company if you have an issue with a manager. HR is very nice but they are there to just hear you and no results come from what you say and the reginal manager has a typical answer for everything if you try that route. You are asked to reach impossible limits with the tasks handed to you and you get nasty emails a lot due to your manager needing someone to blame for the work not being done and their fear of their manager coming down on you.

Be more open to hearing the employees instead of just knowing you can just find someone else. A lot of the employees have issues with what is happening with there property or manager and quit because when they try to be heard by upper managment, managment makes them feel stupid for even trying.

Fast Growing Company!

I have been working at Holland Residential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The usual starting position, Leasing Agent, pays well in comparison to other companies. A strong bonus compensation encourages you to succeed. Generally, their upper upper management has been great. Their is a real sense that they care about their employees. The team based culture leads to real sense of community. Lots of expansion means more job opportunities in the near future.

Cons

Depending on your regional manager, you can be set up for success, or struggle with your hands tied by micro management. If you don't want to become a property manager, the opportunities to grow within the company shrink substantially.

Facts

Current Employee - Property Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Holland Residential full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Exceptional co-workers onsite that focus on the same thing.

Cons

No room for advancement, Benefits are lesser each year, profit sharing is promoted but, not receive.

I won't work for any other property management companies again. Holland is pretty solid.

Current Employee - On Site in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - On Site in Portland, OR

I have been working at Holland Residential full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fun people, nice properties, opportunity for growth. Depending on your RM is... You will feel supported and valued. Bonus, Clyde Holland is one the nicest, smartest men I have ever met.

Cons

Wages differ greatly depending on who your VP is and what region you live in. Benefits are expensive.

Show your associates that you appreciate them more often. Words of affirmation go a long way as do pedicures and kicker bonuses.

Great learning experience

Current Employee - Senior Accountant
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant

I have been working at Holland Residential

Pros

Great company with awesome employees.

Cons

No appreciation or support from upper management.

Apr 21, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience working for Holland. I couldn't agree more that we have awesome employees!!

We always welcome feedback on ways we
    ... More

It was great

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Everett, WA

I worked at Holland Residential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Care about there employees and fair wages

Cons

I did not have the opportunity to work for them longer

Great Company to work for!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR

I worked at Holland Residential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Managment cares about their employees, corporate office isn't just a building full of horrible people, they're all great and enjoy having fun at their jobs. LOTS of opportunity for advancement, constantly buying/building properties.

Cons

Dress code is pretty strict and not always flattering. Lack of training offered.

Set up better training within the company that is exciting and rewarding. Pay incentives/spiffs/contests.

Great Company to work for with advancement opportunity

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Holland Residential full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, people who care about you, fun!

Cons

Very high expectations, always a lot to do, need improved computer system

Keep promoting from within, get better computers

Holland Residential Photos